Garage gym update

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Looking good Sil! Could ya throw a level on your barbell rack, that would drive me crazy.

Nothing like your own place brother. You're about to find out how dedicated you are to lifting.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Looking good Sil! Could ya throw a level on your barbell rack, that would drive me crazy.

Nothing like your own place brother. You're about to find out how dedicated you are to lifting.

I know it's not perfectly level. The legs at bottom catch on the cement a little and I sanded it to make it work as it is lol.
I actually had a sea bee come in and help me put everything together and before we screen into the wall we had a level on there. No idea how it got crooked but it still works lol.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Nice start.

Whatcha plan on using the stone for?

The sled, and stone are for general athleticism. But if I ever fix my shoulder, not only would I like to get back into brazilian jujitsu, but I may play with the idea of a lower weight strongman class.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You sexy sounding bastid. Happy for you. Wish I could come over and lift with you. You not gonna put any flooring down?

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
You sexy sounding bastid. Happy for you. Wish I could come over and lift with you. You not gonna put any flooring down?

You're welcome anytime you're in Texas my brother. I have the mat for squatting on but as far as the deadlifts go I can fit over 500 on my deadlift bar In bumper plates. When I start hitting over 600 I'll buy some iron ones and make a platform

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
You’ll love strongman. Its gruesome but fun. I throw it in once or twice a week a little on the lighter side for conditioning.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Nice SE , I love lifting at home . Do what u want, no one bothers you and for me it saves a lot of time. Looks like you have a nice set up and better one coming. Best of luck!!

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yeh what kinda stuff? I was gonna work the sled. Push press, carrying the stone.[/QUOTE]

I switch it up here and there but my staples are farmers carries, sled work, log press, sand bag carries. You should look into some farmers handles i think titan or valor has them priced pretty good.

A variation of carries plus pushing/pulling the sled will go a long way.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yeh what kinda stuff? I was gonna work the sled. Push press, carrying the stone.

I switch it up here and there but my staples are farmers carries, sled work, log press, sand bag carries. You should look into some farmers handles i think titan or valor has them priced pretty good.

A variation of carries plus pushing/pulling the sled will go a long way.[/QUOTE]

Seen the titan ones. Are reasonably priced. A log and those farmers handles could definitely be on the list one day bro.
I used my friends log and it was different then my Olympic bar for sure. I liked the grip better.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nothing better than a good home workout when you have all the right stuff. I’ve always wanted a stone just never pulled the trigger. I like the dumbbell selection man. Boy that’s a nice setup. When I regroup and rebuild my home gym that’s the same rack and dummy setup I’d like to have. Level or not I’ve always thought those bar wall racks look like a Samurai sword rack. Looks bada$$.

I didn’t watch with sound on so apologies for asking dumb questions.
1. Do they have a dip attachment with that rack. If so did you get one?
2. Just saw Seek asked my other question