Cutting or recomping cycle questions

Reaction score
Here's some back story, or skip to the very bottom if you don't want to read. I'm 27 and I've been lifting since I was a teenager. I was put on trt around 24 after feeling depressed and not gaining any muscle. My test was in 300's. They put me on a pretty hefty dose of 200 mg of test per week I lowered it to 125 as I felt a little better mentally.

I was in the stupid bigger is better no matter the consequences mindset and so after going from 160-185 from trt I added dbol and bulked even further to a big but bloated 230. I realize my decision was pretty dumb by not having my diet in hand and I'm more into the healthier side of things focusing more on diet and leaning out.

Currently 5'10" 220 18-20% body fat we all know that could be off a bit... I'm looking to lean down further while retaining decent size. I have access to pretty much all compounds and have a couple low dose blends in mind like a TMT blend or Adding Anavar. But I wanted to get the opinions of the vets here on the smart move.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What is your question?

Reaction score
What is your question?
Sorry, I guess that was super vague reading it back now. Would a short or long ester TMT cycle or maybe throwing in some anavar be beneficial in your opinion or do you think it would be smarter to up the test and continue dieting.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I wouldn’t use a blend until you have used all compounds in that blend. Get your diet in check on your trt first then maybe do I cycle of test at 500mg and get your AI dose dialed in at that dose. Once you done all that see where you are

Sorry, I guess that was super vague reading it back now. Would a short or long ester TMT cycle or maybe throwing in some anavar be beneficial in your opinion or do you think it would be smarter to up the test and continue dieting.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Compounds aren’t specific. If you are looking to recomp all you need is test/something to give you an edge.

Diet and training are more important factors in terms of gaining, losing or recomping.

New Threads