Elite
    Thanks

Ruiz Joshua predictions

What do you think?

I think Ruiz has been stuffing his face hole and will get gassed by a hungry Joshua. I say 8 or less and the overweight Ruiz is done.
    "A great fighter can move in all variations of the four directions. A legend only moves in one."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

rawdeal (12-06-2019),Uncle manny (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Can’t believe dude came in so heavy. Watched a couple vids of him on YouTube, seems like he might have gotten a bit comfy. Good prediction, I think he’ll gas out a bit sooner than that possibly 5/6.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle manny For This Useful Post:

Long (12-06-2019),rawdeal (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Agreed! WTF was he thinking? He was defying all normal Boxing logic down in his repulsive 260s ... and now, this. He hasn't been really known to us long enough for me to get a good "take" on him, but my first impressions were that he was a lovable fat guy who did have his head screwed on right.

Reminds me of a prime Tyson meeting a competent but un-awe inspiring Buster Douglas. Ol' Buster took the title and met Holyfield next, it was said he spent time in the hotel sauna (why does a Hwt try to sweat off weight anyway?) before the Holy fight, BUT he ordered room service​ from right there in the sauna, smh. I guess sudden huge success can be dangerous.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rawdeal For This Useful Post:

Long (12-06-2019)

Elite
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post
    Agreed! WTF was he thinking? He was defying all normal Boxing logic down in his repulsive 260s ... and now, this. He hasn't been really known to us long enough for me to get a good "take" on him, but my first impressions were that he was a lovable fat guy who did have his head screwed on right.

Reminds me of a prime Tyson meeting a competent but un-awe inspiring Buster Douglas. Ol' Buster took the title and met Holyfield next, it was said he spent time in the hotel sauna (why does a Hwt try to sweat off weight anyway?) before the Holy fight, BUT he ordered room service​ from right there in the sauna, smh. I guess sudden huge success can be dangerous.
    Mike Tyson talked about fame and all that with Rogan on his podcast. He just kept saying "its crazy".

Going from hard up growing up struggling and the next day you sign a rematch deal and you are set for life? Hard to imagine. Must be really hard to stay hungry and focused.
    "A great fighter can move in all variations of the four directions. A legend only moves in one."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

rawdeal (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Yeah, poor boy gets rich and acts like an asshole is common in other sports too. Joshua, otoh, seems to have gone all corporate and shit. Recently defending having the fight in Saudi Arabia, and just now rationalizing Ruiz' weight gain, saying it doesn't matter to pump up the gate I guess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rawdeal For This Useful Post:

Long (12-07-2019)

Elite
    Thanks
    Well then in 12. Usyk should be next up for the title shot!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,951 Times in 3,855 Posts
    the black guy is soft...No heart

Elite
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    the black guy is soft...No heart
    Its the new European style. Thanks to the klitches for that one. Point fighting instead of boxing.

Taking the "hit without getting hit" to the absolute extreme. At the cost of the fans and the sport.

Imagine if Iron Mike, Ali, Marciano, Dempsey or any of the other greats fought that way. Boxing would have disappeared.

Cus knew that you couldn't just fight. You had to give the fans what they paid for. Unfortunately we have suffered a bunch of pansie asses for quite some time.

That said Ruiz lacked the skills needed. Joshua couldn't use that strategy against Usyk.

Joshua could use that strategy against Wilder or Fury. That is exactly the strategy both of them fight.
    Last edited by Long; 12-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

TheSpectre (12-07-2019)

Elite
    Thanks
    I say we make the fights 21 rounds again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    . . . I say 8 or less and the overweight Ruiz is done . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle manny View Post
    . . . I think heíll gas out a bit sooner than that possibly 5/6.
    . . . Agreed! . . .
    Well, whatta we know? Ruiz was in good enough shape to chase Fred Astaire for 12 rounds. Actually Joshua not too different from that guy who used to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, EXCEPT Ali would stop and hit the opponent enough to emerge on top of a great HWT era in Boxing. Also not too dissimilar from the Canelo - Kova fight, except Canelo caught his prey.

My sub. to DAZN is only a few fights old, and I'm hating Eddie Hearn. DAZN itself predicted a 3:45 starting time for my east coast time zone. It got a little past that after the last scheduled fight b4 the main event, so maybe 15 minutes late woulda been ok, BUT they throw in an UNannounced fight between 2 nobodies ... why? Luckily for us it ended in the 1st round, so FU Hearn. Two fighters get THREE national anthems, they cut the USA's short, wtf? And I'm tired of seeing Arabs wearing Italian restaurant tablecloths for hats on the tv news; don't wanna see it at a fight. Anybody notice Canelo was sorta a guest of honor along with his hot date; she had lotsa hair the first times we saw her, but they got her head properly covered by the time they sat ringside, bullshit.

Still steamed about the 90 minute delay a month ago ... rant over.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rawdeal For This Useful Post:

Long (12-07-2019)

Elite
    Thanks
    Well, whatta we know? Ruiz was in good enough shape to chase Fred Astaire for 12 rounds. Actually Joshua not too different from that guy who used to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, EXCEPT Ali would stop and hit the opponent enough to emerge on top of a great HWT era in Boxing. Also not too dissimilar from the Canelo - Kova fight, except Canelo caught his prey.

My sub. to DAZN is only a few fights old, and I'm hating Eddie Hearn. DAZN itself predicted a 3:45 starting time for my east coast time zone. It got a little past that after the last scheduled fight b4 the main event, so maybe 15 minutes late woulda been ok, BUT they throw in an UNannounced fight between 2 nobodies ... why? Luckily for us it ended in the 1st round, so FU Hearn. Two fighters get THREE national anthems, they cut the USA's short, wtf? And I'm tired of seeing Arabs wearing Italian restaurant tablecloths for hats on the tv news; don't wanna see it at a fight. Anybody notice Canelo was sorta a guest of honor along with his hot date; she had lotsa hair the first times we saw her, but they got her head properly covered by the time they sat ringside, bullshit.

Still steamed about the 90 minute delay a month ago ... rant over.
    https://youtu.be/UGzvQT-HYP8
    Ali wasn't afraid to get hit, he would even take a few for the opening to present itself.

As for Hearn, he's a fight promoter. They are like used car salesmen.

Yeah he for sure went the distance. But that's all he did.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Long For This Useful Post:

rawdeal (12-07-2019)

Thanks
    I'm watching the Overeem UFC. This "Free Cards" get HD streams and are filled with hungry fighters giving it all to make a name for themselves.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSpectre For This Useful Post:

Long (12-07-2019)