Getting back to the routine!

Reaction score
Hi members,

Hope everyone's healthy!

I need to ask this question because I am trying to get back to the routine of exercising.

I left regular exercising and dieting almost 6 years ago, 22. Now I am 28 and have gained a good amount of midsection fat.

The problem is, I have done some competitive level weight lifting and bodybuilding when from age 17 to 22. At that time, my diet was strict and I followed a regimen.

Because at 17, my healing was pretty awesome and I was just declared 'healthy' from 6 years medicinal regimen from rheumatoid arthritis (during my teens).

So I lifted heavy, ate good and slept great too.

Now at 28, no matter how hard I try I can't create a regular routine. I perform all body part workout to kick-start with some cardio; after 3-4 sessions I am overtrained with fever. Maybe I am lifting too heavy but I use barbells and dumbells with minimum weight levels.

I was recently diagnosed with deficient Vitamin D and Iron levels. So again, taking meds and diet to get fit.

Even if I stop exercising, my appetite is too much. I eat a lot like I used to do 10 years ago. How?

A small amount of exercise drains me big time. Is there any way I can start again?

Your help is appreciated.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Hi members,

Hope everyone's healthy!

I need to ask this question because I am trying to get back to the routine of exercising.

I left regular exercising and dieting almost 6 years ago, 22. Now I am 28 and have gained a good amount of midsection fat.

The problem is, I have done some competitive level weight lifting and bodybuilding when from age 17 to 22. At that time, my diet was strict and I followed a regimen.

Because at 17, my healing was pretty awesome and I was just declared 'healthy' from 6 years medicinal regimen from rheumatoid arthritis (during my teens).

So I lifted heavy, ate good and slept great too.

Now at 28, no matter how hard I try I can't create a regular routine. I perform all body part workout to kick-start with some cardio; after 3-4 sessions I am overtrained with fever. Maybe I am lifting too heavy but I use barbells and dumbells with minimum weight levels.

I was recently diagnosed with deficient Vitamin D and Iron levels. So again, taking meds and diet to get fit.

Even if I stop exercising, my appetite is too much. I eat a lot like I used to do 10 years ago. How?

A small amount of exercise drains me big time. Is there any way I can start again?

Your help is appreciated.

Listen, I'm not sure what is going on here but I have a few advices for you.

Number 1

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
How'd you even see that Long?

All I see is a black screen for his post?!? :32 (6):

Long

Elite
Reaction score
How'd you even see that Long?

All I see is a black screen for his post?!? :32 (6):

I would love to act like I saw it and it was some awesome reveal due to my genius.

But if I'm honest I was just being an asshole and leaving an unfinished response to what I thought was an unfinished post.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Have you addressed the vitamin D and iron deficiency yet?

Those will have a significant impact on how you feel.

New Threads