Getting back to the routine

Reaction score
Hi members,

Hope everyone's healthy!

I need to ask this question because I am trying to get back to the routine of exercising.

I left regular exercising and dieting almost 6 years ago, 22. Now I am 28 and have gained a good amount of midsection fat.

The problem is, I have done some competitive level weight lifting and bodybuilding when from age 17 to 22. At that time, my diet was strict and I followed a regimen.

Because at 17, my healing was pretty awesome and I was just declared 'healthy' from 6 years medicinal regimen from rheumatoid arthritis (during my teens).

So I lifted heavy, ate good and slept great too.

Now at 28, no matter how hard I try I can't create a regular routine. I perform all body part workout to kick-start with some cardio; after 3-4 sessions I am overtrained with fever. Maybe I am lifting too heavy but I use barbells and dumbells with minimum weight levels.

I was recently diagnosed with deficient Vitamin D and Iron levels. So again, taking meds and diet to get fit.

Even if I stop exercising, my appetite is too much. I eat a lot like I used to do 10 years ago. How?

A small amount of exercise drains me big time. Is there any way I can start again?

Your help is appreciated.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Hi members,

Hope everyone's healthy!

I need to ask this question because I am trying to get back to the routine of exercising.

I left regular exercising and dieting almost 6 years ago, 22. Now I am 28 and have gained a good amount of midsection fat.

The problem is, I have done some competitive level weight lifting and bodybuilding when from age 17 to 22. At that time, my diet was strict and I followed a regimen.

Because at 17, my healing was pretty awesome and I was just declared 'healthy' from 6 years medicinal regimen from rheumatoid arthritis (during my teens).

So I lifted heavy, ate good and slept great too.

Now at 28, no matter how hard I try I can't create a regular routine. I perform all body part workout to kick-start with some cardio; after 3-4 sessions I am overtrained with fever. Maybe I am lifting too heavy but I use barbells and dumbells with minimum weight levels.

I was recently diagnosed with deficient Vitamin D and Iron levels. So again, taking meds and diet to get fit.

Even if I stop exercising, my appetite is too much. I eat a lot like I used to do 10 years ago. How?

A small amount of exercise drains me big time. Is there any way I can start again?

Your help is appreciated.

Check your font or something.

Now that I see what you wrote, work with your doc on getting iron and D back in range by infusion or whatever means necessary. Those deficiencies can certainly cause cravings... when my wife was Iron deficient, she would chew 10lbs if ice every 2 days. She had dizzy spells and exhaustion set in easily. 3 weeks on 200mgs/day of Iron and she was good to go again.

Fix that and then see where you stand.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
And the Total Gym is a serious mass machine as well.

Reaction score
*** This will work===

Attachments

• TUNY.jpg
    TUNY.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
hey supermutant, Any updates? I am a lot older then you and have the similar issue. let us know how you are going, hoping you are well.

New Threads