NEED Basic Info on CYCLE

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a 28 yr old male, 180lbs, 14% fat (not great IK) - I was at 250 and decided to take the advice I was reading on this site. I got my diet in planned, scheduled intervals and didn't touch any gear because I was trusting that I needed to get my diet and life style in play before messing with anything. I quit drinking beer/ alcohol and drinking soda. Started gym with lots of cardio, over about 5 months I lost 60 lbs and 4 pant sizes. Feels great to be where I am but the question I am asking is this. I have now been on 200mg test prop a week and am continuing to lose weight faster and faster but wanted to add a slight bulk to my schedule. I have come to ask for advice to see if HGH or Deca would be appropriate to add to my test reg and what dose/doses/time frame would be reasonable. Not trying to get gigantic but definitely want to stack about 20 lbs of muscle while I transition from pure cardio to weight lifting *I have a trainer* (he's cool btw) so I can keep losing but gaining some muscle mass a bit faster. LMK what you think. Thank you for your time.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
so you shut down your natural test production to replace it with a trt dose that's probably got you right where you were or slightly above?
Was it your cool trainer that advised and sold you that?
post up a pic, 14% usually looks pretty solid on most people, also most people highly underestimate thier bf%
i would up the test to 400-500, finish the cycle, get your diet and training on par with your goals and go from there.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Also, Prop normally comes as 100mg/ml ... are you injecting fractions of a ml every day or at least eod to come up with that 200mg/wk because of Prop's short half-life, or how are you doing it? That's a lot of sticking yourself for a low dose Test schedule. Injecting 1 ml 2xWeek will give you a bit of a roller coaster on your serum Test levels otoh. Better to use Cypionate or Enanthate e3d or 2xWeek to arrive at 200 or 500 or whatever mg/wk. I would question that trainer if he is the one who recommended/sold the Prop. Going from 200 to 500mg/wk of Test will be an eye opener for you, you don't need a 2nd compound at your stage; HGH should be somewhere down the road for you or even never, depending on how your progress and your goals evolve, especially when you consider cost effectiveness. The hypothetical 500mg/wk of Test is not excessive, but it does bring the possibility of side effects; get educated on those, and on the ancillaries you should already have on hand to combat sides before you begin. Congrats on your progress so far; be careful as you move from Phase I to Phase II.

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a 28 yr old male, 180lbs, 14% fat (not great IK) - I was at 250 and decided to take the advice I was reading on this site. I got my diet in planned, scheduled intervals and didn't touch any gear because I was trusting that I needed to get my diet and life style in play before messing with anything.

I'm so confused by this part. You done the right thing by not hopping on; Lord knows I want to but I know I'm not ready yet. You've lost so much weight naturally by just dieting and following a good programme; why now hop on test? Especially prop, out of all of them!

Prop has the longest half life, you'll see results slower and I'm pretty damn sure it's used for TRT because of this. As Gib said, your shutting your natural T production down for 200mg of test, which might just put you to where you were BEFORE you took test.

As for Losing fat and gaining muscle; thats a very hard thing to do. Gaining 20lb of muscle and losing fat at the same time... good luck. Especially with 200mg of test. Even with deca you aren't gonna achieve that.

Up the test to 500mg. Your better off just packing on as much lean muscle as possible, while keeping your fat the same/a tiny bit higher. Your overall bf% will go down because of the lean mass you've put on. Your increase in strength too like you want.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Prop had the longest half life??? No it doesn’t it’s one of the shortest.

I'm so confused by this part. You done the right thing by not hopping on; Lord knows I want to but I know I'm not ready yet. You've lost so much weight naturally by just dieting and following a good programme; why now hop on test? Especially prop, out of all of them!

Prop has the longest half life, you'll see results slower and I'm pretty damn sure it's used for TRT because of this. As Gib said, your shutting your natural T production down for 200mg of test, which might just put you to where you were BEFORE you took test.

As for Losing fat and gaining muscle; thats a very hard thing to do. Gaining 20lb of muscle and losing fat at the same time... good luck. Especially with 200mg of test. Even with deca you aren't gonna achieve that.

Up the test to 500mg. Your better off just packing on as much lean muscle as possible, while keeping your fat the same/a tiny bit higher. Your overall bf% will go down because of the lean mass you've put on. Your increase in strength too like you want.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Can't ......... go to https://steroidcalc.com

A fella named PillarofBalance turned me on to that. The first page allows you to graph the concentrations of most steroids in your body vs. time, BUT

if you go to the second page (click About this site ) it will tell you half lives of most steroid esters.

Another list there will show you how much actual Testosterone is in Test Prop, Cyp, etc. by percentage. 100mg of TestNoEster (not listed but often used) will give you 100mg of Test, whereas 2 other esters give you just over 60mg per 100.

Reaction score
Ty for the advice man, nah I had an extremely low lvl of test in my body because I was on methadone to get off of heroin for a years and it massacred my test lvl's. I have had my blood work done several times my test lvl was 98.... on 1st test... so ya. that 10 yr old boy stuff. I have up'd the test to 400 per/week and my diet is going good. Im now reaching a point of needing a little bulking. Seems Deca was advised then I have ppl telling me it's strictly for joint lubrication? Wtf? Anyway ty.

Reaction score
No I am using 1ml 200mg Cypionate at this point after reading all comments, I now have it perscribed and take 1ml/ 200mg a week. . before it was 1 200mg prop. No i am not gonna over stick myself. I love that you recommended HGH as I have gotten now to a point where things have been going really good and I have been looking for a slight bulk. Any recommendations as what mg and time frame on the HGH?

Reaction score
I switched Immediately to Cypionate after reading comments and speaking to my doc. I now run 1ml 200mg cyp a week. The reason I had to go on tst was because of another medication I was taking for a past heroin addiction. My test lvl was 98 which as you know is literally a pre pubesent boy. I am now off the meds but by doc reccomendation I needed to get my test lvls up to even be able to get out of bed in the morning......I have up'd the test to 400mg a week max of test. I am not gunning for any awards just trying to get my lvl's right and gain some muscle at the same time. I don't see the harm in running a single buliking cycle on top of my test. IK im a newbie at this. Thus im reaching out. Ty for the response. The 20lbs of muscle is a dream situation not a needed guarntee.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Your Dr has you on 400 mg of Test Cyp per week? Ummmmm... That's a cycle. 400/500mg per week is a very common first cycle dose, not a TRT dose.

Redemption79

Reaction score
Congrats on your results to this point, great work man.

First and most importantly, be very careful introducing new chemicals or dosages of such chemicals outside of legit Dr. prescribed amounts. As an addict, I'm sure you're aware that we can become addicted to ANYTHING we think we like...exogenous anabolics are not excluded from this. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life, but at the very least, make sure the juice is worth the squeeze. I'm not sure, at this point, that the benefits outweigh the risks.

You would serve yourself well to make your transition to weight training without supra-physiological levels of testosterone IMO, at least for a while. While test can provide an environment for increased muscle growth, it does not do the same for the rest of your skeletal tissue. Your risk for tendon/joint injuries will increase dramatically as a new lifter. Take some time to build muscle and supporting tissue before increasing load at an un-natural rate. Nothing will derail your progress faster than losing the ability to strength train all together.

Losing 60lbs in 5 months is awesome; great job. At that rate, you likely lost some lean tissue too, so it's time to get it back. Don't underestimate the importance of diet. Just as your caloric intake was key in shedding some weight, it will also dictate how much muscle mass you gain (with or without steroids). Slowly increasing your caloric intake while at the same time starting a strength training program will net great results on it's own. The first few months should produce fairly dramatic results if your diet is conducive to anabolism, even at your standard TRT dose.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another guys may have a different take on this, but I've never been able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I know it's the holy grail, and perhaps it's been pulled off, but in my experience I'd had to pick one or the other. AAS can help minimize muscle loss while in a calorie deficit, but in my time doing it I've never been able to do both at the same time. Also, I have never noticed any notable difference between adding deca or just upping my test besides the benefits deca has on the joints.

For what it's worth, I use test C for TRT and 200mg a week puts me on the extreme high of normal. Might be worth you doing some blood work to see where it puts you. Also, be suspicious if your trainer is telling you that you can gain 20lbs of muscle in a cycle. 20lbs of muscle, fat, and water for a cycle can be done, but 20lbs of pure muscle for a cycle seems overly optimistic.

Regardless, keep up the good work. You're well on your way to where you want to be and it sounds like you're doing the work to get there. I'll also give you this advice, which I give to everyone..........take pics along the way. Sometimes it's hard to see how far you've come without seeing where you came from.

New Threads