Any one following Vegan diet

Reaction score
hi all,

Anyone following vegan diet.
I am sure going to get some reactions - keep nice :) and of course always backup your point with science.

Cheers

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
is chicken and beef vegan?

andy

Elite
Reaction score
the movie "game changer" was nothing really, but I really started to think when I watched "what the food" on netflix ,have anyone saw it ?
people givin up walkers and start walking by them selfs on streets and giving up up to 16 different meds in just two weeks in being vegan, Just wanna see how and if it's gonna change my health somehow.

I might give it a run for a month after my comp. that would be around may and see for myself

basically what they say, people are not carnivors and we are not ment to eat meat or drink animal or any milk or processed foods and the wrong way we eat is the key problem for all the diseases (high cholestorol ,diabetes, heart strokes etc.) and by just cleaning up the diet and eating what is natural for us can fix all kind of problems in our bodies in just few weeks and that makes all kind of Logic....
Makes me wanna test it on myself and my my own conclusions.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
My wife makes a different vegan meal once per week. They're not bad at all, a few have been damn good.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you try a vegan diet, please keep a log including pre vs post blood work results. I would be curious to see an unbiased review and read an honest account of how you felt.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Probably not many if any vegetarian, let alone vegan, members of this forum but I'd be interested to see how it goes for you. There are some very impressive vegan competitors. I have no interest in doing it personally but have respect for those that choose to. I just get a bit turned off by the people who proselytize and get bent out of shape whenever anyone even mentions meat or animal products.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm about as far from a Vegan as you can get. I raise some of my own meat, I also hunt and eat what I kill. I currently have a least 300 lbs of flesh in 2 big chest freezes and will add to that if a buck makes a mistake. My chickens put out about 2 dozen eggs on a bad week.

That said, I respect anyone that can commit to that Vegan diet if they are truly doing it for health reasons. Is it a healthier lifestyle? I personally think so. Are you going to build a massive body? I doubt it.

Andy mentioned "Game Changer". As the self-proclaimed UG resident documentary expert, here's my take on the doc.
https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/31198-The-Game-Changer?highlight=game+changer

I hope you find all you're looking for from a health aspect.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
I'm about as far from a Vegan as you can get. I raise some of my own meat, I also hunt and eat what I kill. I currently have a least 300 lbs of flesh in 2 big chest freezes and will add to that if a buck makes a mistake. My chickens put out about 2 dozen eggs on a bad week.

That said, I respect anyone that can commit to that Vegan diet if they are truly doing it for health reasons. Is it a healthier lifestyle? I personally think so. Are you going to build a massive body? I doubt it.

Andy mentioned "Game Changer". As the self-proclaimed UG resident documentary expert, here's my take on the doc.
https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/31198-The-Game-Changer?highlight=game+changer

I hope you find all you're looking for from a health aspect.

"game changer" was BS in my opinion , just like U said snake, I felt like it was just a big propoganda stuff they tried to pull on me.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
the movie "game changer" was nothing really, but I really started to think when I watched "what the food" on netflix ,have anyone saw it ?
people givin up walkers and start walking by them selfs on streets and giving up up to 16 different meds in just two weeks in being vegan, Just wanna see how and if it's gonna change my health somehow.

I might give it a run for a month after my comp. that would be around may and see for myself

basically what they say, people are not carnivors and we are not ment to eat meat or drink animal or any milk or processed foods and the wrong way we eat is the key problem for all the diseases (high cholestorol ,diabetes, heart strokes etc.) and by just cleaning up the diet and eating what is natural for us can fix all kind of problems in our bodies in just few weeks and that makes all kind of Logic....
Makes me wanna test it on myself and my my own conclusions.

As far as you wanting to test it awesome.

As far as people who say "we were not made to eat meat or animal products" grrr plblplposbeheie what the ****?!?!?!

I went through a whole thing where a school wouldn't teach the very subject that would prevent this kind of absolute mental dipshittery because too many moms would fire off a bazillion emails and angrily chase the elementary school science teacher around with pitchforks.

We have evolved eating lots of different diets (finding energy how we can on different continents). Blanket statements about animal products drive me batshit crazy.

Because of some recent health nonsense I took a good look at my diet and changed it for now. I will say at the moment I feel pretty damn great considering.

I eat oatmeal, greek yogurt, fit pb and prunes in the am.

I eat vegetables, nuts, fruits and no animal proteins at all during the day.

I eat an animal protein for supper. (Lots of fish and turkey, cutting back on red meat)

Eating lighter and a lot more vegetables along with copious amounts of green tea and some coffee have made me feel a lot better than I was before.

Perhaps it's the body not needing the digestive system running 24/7 that makes people feel better and has health benefits.

Penn Gellete from Penn and teller doesn't buy into the whole environmental dont eat meat bullshit. They even did a show exposing the nonsense. He is now vegan/vegetarian for health reasons. A non ethical vegan I think he calls himself. I find it interesting because he is the kind of guy that would probably tell you if he didn't have a health issue he would be pounding down a steak.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will at the moment just learning a lot and just did my blood test, If there any expert on the site I'll put them up under blood work. I'll put the heading of Vegan blood work.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd put it under the dieting/nutrition/supplements subforum

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Anyone claiming meat/animal fats are bad for you should be immediately disregarded.

This is complete horseshat.

Reaction score
Try to eat a clean diet high in protein, sources such as vegetables, beans, tofu, and other meat substitutes such as protein powder organic pea protein, watermelon seed protein and pumpkin seed protein, providing 20 grams of protein per 110 calories.

you should consume foods that are dense with healthy calories, such as nuts, quinoa, raisins, and whole-wheat bread. You can add peanut butter or coconut oil to foods to boost their calories. You may also want to drink calorie-rich smoothies with soy milk. They are pack of calories and good amount of carb and essential fat. That's what a BBer needs to maintain or build muscles and "that's all I have to say about it".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Elite,

Always good to see someone putting science behind them. ye ye no problem but read this:
htt ps : / / w w w ncbi nlm nih gov / pubmed / 20578534

New Threads