Anyone else hate their gym?

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I lift at a private gym. The guy was a old bodybuilder so, I consider his place a little more old school. Which, i truly appreciate. He's got dumbbells up to 150 I believe. I know I trip over the 125s at times.

HOWEVER... The people are starting to... Be more friendly with me.. Acknowledging me, complimenting me. Early this week I had a guy compliment my legs and it was creepy and, fukin weird and, I dont like that shit. I don't want to have to smile and say hi to you. There is another old guy, always wants to talk my ear off. Another lady too. Just let me say good morning and be on my merry little way... I don't wanna make small talk. I hate small talk. I dont know you, you dont know me and, you never will..

Okay, rant over...

I went to another gym the other day. Had a white out so, I had to pull off to the closest place. Which was a gym. I took a day pass... At a large commercial gym. Oh. Fukkk meeee... Nice gym... I just don't know about those people... I saw a lot of, "DIFFERENT" forms. And... I had to do the a$$ shake, pull my leggings up. This one guy, flat out, eyes right on my ass. Like, WHOA DUDE, wanna be any more noticeable? I rolled my eyes at him. And far too lit in there. so much lighting it was stupid. and no chalk, had to sneak it with me. i didn't give a care. Second rant over, i don't know whats going on.

I hate people. Wheres my bubble?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Your a little ray of sunshine ain’t ya

I lift at a private gym. The guy was a old bodybuilder so, I consider his place a little more old school. Which, i truly appreciate. He's got dumbbells up to 150 I believe. I know I trip over the 125s at times.

HOWEVER... The people are starting to... Be more friendly with me.. Acknowledging me, complimenting me. Early this week I had a guy compliment my legs and it was creepy and, fukin weird and, I dont like that shit. I don't want to have to smile and say hi to you. There is another old guy, always wants to talk my ear off. Another lady too. Just let me say good morning and be on my merry little way... I don't wanna make small talk. I hate small talk. I dont know you, you dont know me and, you never will..

Okay, rant over...

I went to another gym the other day. Had a white out so, I had to pull off to the closest place. Which was a gym. I took a day pass... At a large commercial gym. Oh. Fukkk meeee... Nice gym... I just don't know about those people... I saw a lot of, "DIFFERENT" forms. And... I had to do the a$$ shake, pull my leggings up. This one guy, flat out, eyes right on my ass. Like, WHOA DUDE, wanna be any more noticeable? I rolled my eyes at him. And far too lit in there. so much lighting it was stupid. and no chalk, had to sneak it with me. i didn't give a care. Second rant over, i don't know whats going on.

I hate people. Wheres my bubble?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate my gym. I just hate the people who:

-constantly text in between sets
- talk on their phone
- take selfies
- bring in their amateur photographer friend to capture every rep
- post their pics/ videos on IG and talk about how hard they “grind”
- try talking to me
- make some sort of awkward compliment (I.e great set of hypertrophy, man)
- indulge in unneeded nudity in the locker room

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, the cell phone shit is the worst!

There'll be someone on a piece of equipment I want to use, no biggie, I'll do something else and come back to it.

Meanwhile, I've done 3 sets on the other piece, ready to come back to the one which was being used, but the ****tard is still sitting on it texting away, having done ZERO sets in that time.

Or people on the leg press, texting away WHILE leg pressing. Yeah, you're doing some solid work there chief.

The gym I go to also LITERALLY has a Selfie Station. It's a spot on the mirror where you can take your selfie, and it also gets the gym logo in the pic. I've never seen anyone use it though, thankfully.

Last edited:

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Equipment in my gym is great and is 24/7 which is great with my work schedule.
Really thinking about building home gym as well because not a fan of small talk either, is kinda small town and everyday answering plumbing questions. Shit stains in toilet everyday. Never any paper towel to wipe stuff off. You have the "personal trainers" that couldn't bench the weight of my pecker and it's always hot.
Other than that it's great.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Nope, I love my mom & pop gym.

It's one of the more expensive gyms in the area and that tends to keep the gazelles and less serious folks away.

Their equipment is old as **** but it works great.
4+ sets of dumbbells, one ranging up to 150
100lb plates

On any given night, I'm one of MAYBE a dozen people in there.

Unfortunately, the guy running the place has been hemorrhaging money for too long and had to sell the building. He's leasing his space back from the new owners for the next 18 months but after that, nobody can say what'll happen to the place.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, the cell phone shit is the worst!

There'll be someone on a piece of equipment I want to use, no biggie, I'll do something else and come back to it.

Meanwhile, I've done 3 sets on the other piece, ready to come back to the one which was being used, but the ****tard is still sitting on it texting away, having done ZERO sets in that time.

Or people on the leg press, texting away WHILE leg pressing. Yeah, you're doing some solid work there chief.

The gym I go to also LITERALLY has a Selfie Station. It's a spot on the mirror where you can take your selfie, and it also gets the gym logo in the pic. I've never seen anyone use it though, thankfully.
That's actually brilliant.

Good lighting for progression pictures?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
That's actually brilliant.

Good lighting for progression pictures?

Nope, it would be in the way. It's in the corner where the landmine is bolted to the floor for t bar rows, and it's the only spot where you can deadlift.

well they could put by the door, or a separate room?

Last edited by a moderator:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
The only time I hate my gym is in January with all those damn resolutioners that I see EVERY freaking January. By the end of January, most of them are done!

Then, there is usually a small gang that re-appears after Mardi Gras for lent. They are usually done after Easter.

EDIT: I need to find the photo, but my box gym has a new personal trainer who was touting his 21 day transformation program. I literally laughed my ass off at that advertisement.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are a dozen gyms in my area. I've trained at all of them, just about everyone knows who I am out here. I finally settled to a UFC/Crunch fitness in the so called less fortunate side of the area. I'm content and pleased with the gym, its equipment, and even the people. I have canceled my membership with the other gyms. Gtg where I'm at

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Happy training in my basement. Would be nice to have a few more machines, but I keep it simple and have what I need, I love that I can lift when I want and don’t have to see a soul!plus with my limited time, I can just take care of business.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im sure no body likes you at the gym too pinkfaggot

Reactions: Jin

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when you walk into a gym ,any gym..No matter what your level is you should always be humble kind and try to be helpful..No one likes that prick that walks into the gym thinking and looking like hes to cool for everyone...I grew up in wrestling gyms and those guys would always get their ass kicked first

Rydog

Reaction score
I don't like most people so I'm in the process of building a home gym. I have to say something when i see someone on their phone when it's busy, that sh!t makes my bp go up for sure.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What kills me when people dont flush the fkin toilet.... when I ask a person.. my bro.. just to ask.. how many sets u have left
.... and they say... 9 sets..