Elite
Reaction score
Dumbells never put back
Plates never re racked
Trash left everywhere
Maintenance never done
Worst kind of gym goers
Staff does nothing

Anyone else hate their gym but kinda stuck at it...

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
How are you stuck? Like a long contract? Or is there not any other options in your vicinity.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Dumbells never put back
Plates never re racked
Trash left everywhere
Maintenance never done
Worst kind of gym goer
Staff does nothing

Anyone else hate their gym but kinda stuck at it...

You’ve described my home gym perfectly.

Im happy here though.....

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
How are you stuck? Like a long contract? Or is there not any other options in your vicinity.

Only good gyms are 45min drives
.. in La traffic. Been to the other 5 gyms in the area and this was the best.
Planet fitness... garbage.
Smaller gym.... packed to the max
Community college... has short hours
24 hour... this gym was so packed it was insane. It took me 45 mins to do 2 sets on the squat rack.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Only good gyms are 30 min drives. Been to the other 5 gyms in the area and this was the best.
24 hour... this gym was so packed it was insane. It took me 45 mins to do 2 sets on the squat rack.

Sounds like a great opportunity to practice being appreciative for what you have.

No sarcasm implied.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like a great opportunity to practice being appreciative for what you have.

No sarcasm implied.

I make the best of it... they don't bother people about deadlifting which is the only reason im still here

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Only good gyms are 45min drives
.. in La traffic. Been to the other 5 gyms in the area and this was the best.

so you waited 45 mins to do 2 sets in the squat rack?
ur that guy?
the one that is asking me how many sets i have left and rushing me so they can do 2 bullshit sets?
or am i somehow misunderstanding what you said?

either way, i hate my fukkin gym with a passion for all the same reasons and then some, its a 24, but it's a gym and i make do, get in there, get to business and work around the idiots best i can because it's conveniently located and i don't care to drive 30-45 mins to where the better, smaller hardcore gyms are at, and yea fukk LA traffic at 5pm.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If its that bad take the 20 minute drive to me and maybe I'll teach you a thing or two

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Damn I guess I'm fortunate I dont live in a crazy city like LA.
I use Anytime and if the one gym is too packed I just drive ten minutes to the other one.
My only complaint is dumbells only go up to 100

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
so you waited 45 mins to do 2 sets in the squat rack?
ur that guy?
the one that is asking me how many sets i have left and rushing me so they can do 2 bullshit sets?
or am i somehow misunderstanding what you said?

either way, i hate my fukkin gym with a passion for all the same reasons and then some, its a 24, but it's a gym and i make do, get in there, get to business and work around the idiots best i can because it's conveniently located and i don't care to drive 30-45 mins to where the better, smaller hardcore gyms are at, and yea fukk LA traffic at 5pm.

I waited at the rack for 20 mins.... mind you there are 4 racks. Before someone offered if I wanted to rotate in. I said sure there were 4 other guys in the rotaion... I did 2 sets before saying **** that place ...

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be thinking about training with seeker if he was 20 mins from me I would be there. You can’t buy that kind of experience to learn from. Even if he is grumpy

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
For powerlifting I went the home gym route and love it. No distraction so I can really focus on what I'm doing. no one waiting to use the bench or rack so I can take along rest as I want . Now bodybuilding I have anytime, golds and YMCA. It's nice to have a choice.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I've been at the same tiny gym for 3 1/2 years. Its tiny but if you're knowledgeable you can make most shitty situations bearable, just got to be creative. The problem is the gym owner is cheap as hell and doesnt believe in lifting heavy. He would rather buy 4 more exercise bikes or another treadmill than one more hammer machine or rack. This is all fine but the one thing that really chaps my anus is he refuses to turn on the heater. As I speak it is 64° in here. So i bought the same brand thermostat cover just for the universal key.

Reactions: CJ

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I didn’t notice it was chapped, you tried sudacrem??

I've been at the same tiny gym for 3 1/2 years. Its tiny but if you're knowledgeable you can make most shitty situations bearable, just got to be creative. The problem is the gym owner is cheap as hell and doesnt believe in lifting heavy. He would rather buy 4 more exercise bikes or another treadmill than one more hammer machine or rack. This is all fine but the one thing that really chaps my anus is he refuses to turn on the heater. As I speak it is 64° in here. So i bought the same brand thermostat cover just for the universal key.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
My only complaint is dumbells only go up to 100

Only go up to 80 at my gym. They took away the 85-100's because there were a few asshats who would constantly drop them and let them bounce wherever.

Those guys are long gone, but the DBs never returned. :32 (8):

New Threads