I need a new program

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t waste time over thinking it. Eat. A lot.

He's not a big guy, we agree on that. I would take it a bit further in detail with his eating and just be smart about it. He's also young so he needs to develop good eating habits now in the infancy of his training.

I see guys in the gym so focused on writing down every lift, weight used.
Is that where I fuuked up? I have every workout with every weight, every set and every rep recorded for decades. But I'm a methodical record keeper. Great for reference when you need to look back too.
As for the timing my sets, oh hell no! That really does take the fun out of it. Plus you know when you're ready to go and when you're fuuking the dog.

Reaction score
Thanks i appriciate it and snake thanks for the workout i'll try it out.
As for my eating I eat 2800-2900 calories, when i do that i gain 3 pounds a month in overall weight.
I'm at 23%, 145 pounds, 5ft7.
I eat 210 grams of carbs and protein and I think 90 grams of fat.
I'm having a really hard time hitting my calorie goal and macro goal, so should anything change, I would like to eat less and have the macros change

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks i appriciate it and snake thanks for the workout i'll try it out.
As for my eating I eat 2800-2900 calories, when i do that i gain 3 pounds a month in overall weight.
I'm at 23%, 145 pounds, 5ft7.
I eat 210 grams of carbs and protein and I think 90 grams of fat.
I'm having a really hard time hitting my calorie goal and macro goal, so should anything change, I would like to eat less and have the macros change

I remember your pic from your other thread, you're not 23% bf, you're less. If you got that number from a bia scale or handheld device, those are absolute trash.

Anyway, you gaining 3 lbs per month is right about perfect. If you're eating quality foods, and doing quality training like some have given examples of above, you'll be more than happy going forward.

Quality foods are real meat, like steak, chicken, fish, etc... NOT nuggets, fish sticks, bologna, salami, etc...

Eat a variety of fruits and veggies, both raw and cooked, as many colors as possible.

Get your carbs from rice, potatoes, yams, oats, etc... NOT from candy, fast food, chips, etc...

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's not a big guy, we agree on that. I would take it a bit further in detail with his eating and just be smart about it. He's also young so he needs to develop good eating habits now in the infancy of his training.

Is that where I fuuked up? I have every workout with every weight, every set and every rep recorded for decades. But I'm a methodical record keeper. Great for reference when you need to look back too.
As for the timing my sets, oh hell no! That really does take the fun out of it. Plus you know when you're ready to go and when you're fuuking the dog.
This was not the point I was trying to make nor was I picking on people that do. I’m talking about people that focus on the wrong things. The guys that write down every lift, but pay no attention to food. I think we all know that I’m not speaking about guys like you brother lol.

Reaction score
neither i look up a bf% calculator online
I'm going to say alot of dumb things so just be patient and correct me

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

It's all good. This is the internet and you're bound to run into people that will poke at you. Just take to good information that works from guys that know what they are doing and leave the rest behind.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I just didn't want you to think that you were 25%, so you wouldn't think that you needed to lose any bodyfat.

As you gain muscle over the next year or so, you're going to look good as your frame fills out. The 3 lbs per month gain you are experiencing is a good amount, so it's mostly lean tissue.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
An easy PLing program for anyone to follow is Wendler's 5/3/1 and if you can follow it try the BBB (Big But Boring) Variation. Meat and potatoes. Easy to follow and if you eat you'll get strong and grow.

Reactions: CJ

New Threads