need input from members. do you want vet titles here??

Z

Zeek

Ok guys basically I was thinking this as a possibility

We elect 1 vet for every 100 members we have...so we are almost at 300 members meaning we could vote for 3 ppl to get a special status, color and title under their name. Thinking vet or community vet the way ology has it set up.

Basically we would be voting for a guy or gal that really goes above and beyone in helping the other members. advice on gear etc.

Anyway should we keep it all members habve the same status? as we have it now or do you guys want a very exlusive club of vets on this board. It will have to be earned on this board and the ratio can never be more than 1 vet per 100 members.

Give me your thoughts guys, Like I keep saying, you guys make the decisions around here!!! so lets hear it

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think we're big enough to have community vets yet. Once the newbs start coming in droves, I think it is a good idea.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i like the idea. personaly i would rather be a Vet than a mod. I never mind helping people but would preffer not to have the responsability of a mod. I definately like the idea though, sometimes the extremem newbies are afraid of mods but would respond better to a vet IMO.

Reaction score
hey EZ i think it all sounds pretty good, i am down to vote for a vet someone that really helps out one here. i like it

Z

Zeek

community vet does mean across the boards so you have a point, how about just regular vet title?

Or would you guys prefer to do a featured member 1x per month similar to the way pro muscle does it except I am not voting for who looks cutes in posing trunks but instead for who is helping the members the most in a 1 month period.

I don't think we're big enough to have community vets yet. Once the newbs start coming in droves, I think it is a good idea.

Z

Zeek

Keep the ideas coming and inpu coming guys!!

If we get a many ppl on this thread that do say they would like to have one of the things i mentioned, we would then put it to an actual vote witht he members. Maybe keep the voting open for 3 days and then go from there!

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
community vet does mean across the boards so you have a point, how about just regular vet title?

Or would you guys prefer to do a featured member 1x per month similar to the way pro muscle does it except I am not voting for who looks cutes in posing trunks but instead for who is helping the members the most in a 1 month period.

I don't really like the "featured member" like PM does. I agree with hurt that we are not big enough for a community vet, but i think just Vet would be good.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dark makes a good point about newbies looking for someone to comfortable ask questions. Vet titles, as long as we use a rigorous standard like you said, instead of handing them out, could be effective.

Featured member is also another good idea....either way, we should create a sticky describing the titles and what they mean, so newbs know who to look for.

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^Im with Dark and Hurt on this. VET!

Z

Zeek

Excellent input guys keep it coming!

great idea hurt, if the members decide they do indeed want vet titles we will piut a sticky up explaining the title and the responsibility that comes with having the title.

Do you think 1 vet for every 100 members is exclusive enough or should it be one vet per 200 members?

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think 1:100 is a good number...especially since vets won't ALWAYS be on all the time to answer questions.

Reaction score
Sounds good to me 1 Vet x every 100 members once we keep growing we keep add Vets that really help here. And by vote is exellent idea as well

Z

Zeek

wow so far everyone wants the titles!!

Admin was right after all!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn I used to help everyone at ology but can't do to much here yet with not to many newbs

Reaction score
is there any way that you can track how many times a member has helped out, like say someone opens a thread asking whatever, then a member helps out, and the person that opened the thread has the option to give that member a point for helping out, then at the end of the month you can see who has helped out the most. if any of that makes sense. cause it sounded good in my head..lol

Z

Zeek

sort of bro, we do have a rep system here in that ppl can give you rep pts. We also have the likes and thanks...usually guys with the most of those are helping the most but not always.

I think we as community know which guys are really putting effort in to help the guys and since they will be elected by all the members it should keep it on track for what it is and not just a popularity contest.

I can think of 10 guys off the top of my head right now that really deserve vet titles but the 1 for 100 rule is best!! make it something very exclusive!! basically we can call thekm SI's 1 % ers

is there any way that you can track how many times a member has helped out, like say someone opens a thread asking whatever, then a member helps out, and the person that opened the thread has the option to give that member a point for helping out, then at the end of the month you can see who has helped out the most. if any of that makes sense. cause it sounded good in my head..lol

Z

Zeek

Also mods are excluded from this but we will allow you to vote for one of the admins if you really wanted to ;)

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to have the members vote. It will be obvious who deserves a title.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sort of bro, we do have a rep system here in that ppl can give you rep pts. We also have the likes and thanks...usually guys with the most of those are helping the most but not always.

I think we as community know which guys are really putting effort in to help the guys and since they will be elected by all the members it should keep it on track for what it is and not just a popularity contest.

I can think of 10 guys off the top of my head right now that really deserve vet titles but the 1 for 100 rule is best!! make it something very exclusive!! basically we can call thekm SI's 1 % ers
Generally the people with the most thanks get them welcoming people in introduction threads.