advice on beginner cycle

Reaction score
Hey, just joined this forum and was hoping to get some feedback on a cycle I'm getting ready to start with my son. I'm 42, he's 24.
We are going to do 50mg of anavar pills per day for 7 weeks along with 500mg of cyponate (pin twice per week 250mg each time) for 12 weeks.

I have done deca 300 and sustenon 250 and test 200 in the past and had good results (20 years ago) but Ive never done pills and dont know much about them. we are just looking for a boost, nothing too hardcore, just to keep us seeing gains and stay motivated and keep going to the gym.

Any positive feedback and knowledge will be greatly appreciated. Thank You for any time you spend.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of the whole father/son cycle thing... to each thier own I guess?
I would like to think you educated him or made sure he read up on the risks and how to properly cycle, the use of an ai, pct, etc and that both y'all's nutrition and training are spot on.
I would say leave out the var for this run, see how the 500mg cyp does you and then next blast introduce the var.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How long have your son and you been working out uninterrupted ... what is your work out routine (how many times are you and your son working out per week) ... and what do your basic diet / nutritional plans look like ...?

Reaction score
well, we did a mild cycle of 300mg of deca and 500mg of test each week for 12 weeks. We had great results, good gains and stayed in the gym consistantly. We did meal prep together and ate good lean protein along with shakes and creatine. But since that time, we have been hitting the gym less, eating fast food and I just figured it'd be a good way to start the new year and get us back on track and back in the gym and on a program.

Making the investment in the gear makes us follow thru in the gym and the diet so it seems to be a win - win.

As far as AI or PCT, Ive never used them and never missed them or had a bad experience.. Ive maybe done 6 or 8 mild cycles in my life and they've all been pretty mild, just a little something extra to get you good results and fast recovery.

Thanks for the fast replies, I do appreciate your feedback

Reaction score
We usually work out 5 days per week, day1 -chest & tricept, day 2 -legs Days 3 back & Bicepts, Day 4 -Shoulders, Day 5 legs, then usually the weekend off, but sometimes something would come up and we miss a day and then make up that day Saturday morning.

Our diet was 200grams of protein per day, (including 2 shakes 50 grams ea) and then meal prep chicken and rice, porkchops and potatoes, or steak and potatoes.. we also usually had a big breakfast of 3 eggs each with sausage or bacon.. ate or had shake 4 or 5 times daily and tried to take in 3500-4000 calories per day but we kinda guessed on the total calories to be honest

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
You need to be informed apparently, PCT is critical unless you are on TRT. If you have not read the beginner cycle thread I highly recommend you do so. No need to explain it all just read up and if you still choose to not PCT then best of luck hope everything works out.

Reaction score
I’d like to think I could run a cycle with my dad. At the very least he knows I’m on, if he was 10 years younger he’d probably roll with me.

Anyway, yeah you might wanna think about an ai and pct. You’re old now, it’s good possibility that you won’t bounce back even with a pct. Plus you don’t want to screw your son up.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what happens when your cycle is finished. Are you guys gonna yoyo back to eating shit and not train anymore? What you do when you come off is just as important with what you do when you're on.

Rydog

Reaction score
I saw in your intro you also talked about not needing a pct. Eating like sh!t leading up to a cycle is a dangerous thing. Your son needs a pct . Just because he's your son does not mean that his body will react to things the same as yours.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve run var quite a bit and I’d say you’re missing the boat. For the first 4 weeks and the last 4 like this.
1-4
11-14. Stopping test at week 12 and continue the var while you wait for 2 weeks for the test to clear up then start your pct to n week 15.
The var will help you keep your gains while the test clears.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best of luck!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
At 42 you might just be ready for the TRT route, but regardless of the route it would be a great idea for you and you son to both get blood work done. I know you said, you’ve never used/ needed an ai or pct , but how do you really know. Those cycles you did in the past could have your test. Production shut down and you don’t even know it. It’s not alwYs overly apparent. The bloods will just let you and your son know, as opposed to think your all good. Best of luck guys!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Levels don't start declining till late 30s from my understanding

Are we discussing running cycles or trt?

The reason I am not a fan of people 18-22 using is that test levels are peaked then AND brain/body development isn’t finished.

I don’t see the logic in waiting until test levels start to decline if your goal is to increase your test levels to many times over natural levels.

I’d be happy if you wish to articulate your reasoning.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Are we discussing running cycles or trt?

The reason I am not a fan of people 18-22 using is that test levels are peaked then AND brain/body development isn’t finished.

I don’t see the logic in waiting until test levels start to decline if your goal is to increase your test levels to many times over natural levels.

I’d be happy if you wish to articulate your reasoning.

Was thinking just because still has many years of peak test levels ahead but understand your meaning of many times over natural test then doesn't matter biologically

Last edited:

New Threads