What do you think I should tweak in my daily food intake ?

Reaction score
I started off in early October at 251- the most I’ve ever weighed. I’ll be 36 in a month. 5’10 220 currently.

Been going to the gym at least 4 days a week if not 6. Doing the ppl split. This last week my sessions in the gym have gone up 30min. Total of 2 hours now before I’m used up- maybe a little less time to burn up the legs. My diet has also changed this last week. I was trying to eat 1500 or less calories a day and wasn’t really tracking macros. I started weighing everything and writing it down a week ago and upped my protein from barely over 100g to 196-210g per day Here’s an example from yesterday/pretty much everyday this last week.

wake up 5am- 2 scoops of whey into a glass of water 40g protein multi vitamin, instaflex joint compound 3 fried eggs 18g protein 50g of beef fried with eggs. 10-15g protein 73g

or so early morning between 9 am - noon I eat an apple, banana some quinoa and chicken I had weighed out.at lunch I finish the chicken- 100g total and I finish the 1 cup quinoa, 50g of shrimp 12g of protein/2 cups of spinach greens. 31g of protein from chicken, 8g of protein from quinoa, 12g from shrimp. 51g by/at lunch

I eat a fig bar 45 minutes before I get to the gym 38 carbs, drink the woke AF preworkout on the way to the gym.after the gym I drive 15 min to my house , drink 2 scoops of whey 40g of protein and a serving of ON monohydrate, 100g of chickpeas/hummus 19g protein , 1 glass of milk 8g. 67g after the gym.

thats roughly 191g of protein 2,674 calories carbs, easily a gallon of water a day.

3-4 liters before the gym, probably 1 at the gym and a glass or 2 at night.
Id guess most of the weight loss is from cutting beer out and drinking a little vodka one night a week. Eating less at night from not being buzzed up and having the munchies.

I want to get to 20% or less body fat and get stronger than I am now. I build large buildings and roads so my job is very physical. I’ve been operating more this last year so it’s been easier to pack on the fatdid the tape measure calculation for body fat % and I’m at 26%. One guy that seems pretty rcut recommended nugenix total t and if I wanted to go a little further steel andro 1.what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I think you've lost 30 pounds in less then 3 months, so don't try to fix what isn't broken. If you're losing weight, but still progressing in the gym, you're good.

Just keeping tracking what you're eating, Cals and macros, so when you DO need to make a change to keep progressing, you'll have a reference point from which to start.

Reaction score
It does sound like your making progress, I would stay away from stuff like nugenix (not good for heart health).

What I have found that helps out in weight loss is fiber increase. Try adding spinach to eggs with beef, maybe substitute glass of milk with non dairy milk (ripple has chocolate drink loaded in protein) so as to help out with inflammation in joints.

When I switched to plant based, without exercise, I went from 215 lbs to 180 lbs. I have a buddy who went from almost 300 lbs to 185 lbs on strict plant based diet, but it's not for everyone. And I'm not pushing this on anyone, it's tough building muscle while eating clean on plant based diet.

Also sometimes weight loss slows down, usual tweaks in diet and exercise help get past that. Keep doing what your doing in time you'll get there.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
"if I wanted to go a little further steel andro1" omg I'm dying :32 (18):
like CJ said, ur making great progress, keep doing what ur doing. Rome wasn't built overnight.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
It looks you have got your regimen in check and keep a log of your routine carefully. It's working out for you so keep up the good work. Good job, bro.

Reaction score
Got my blood drawn on the 10th. Test was 220. I just turned 36, been sticking to the meal plan above , gained 5 lbs while losing love handles and gaining some vascularity. My dumbell rows have gone up almost double - 100 lbs each but my bench and squat , deadlift are still slow gainers. I took my 1st shot and about passed out. Should I do anything different food wise now that I’m on trt ? Switched up workout routine - Monday chest, Tuesday back, Wednesday legs , Thursday shoulders, Friday arms , rest in the weekend. Body weight at 225-227, 5’10

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Dont change a thing until your trt is dialled in. I presume this is being prescribed and monitored by a doctor?

Got my blood drawn on the 10th. Test was 220. I just turned 36, been sticking to the meal plan above , gained 5 lbs while losing love handles and gaining some vascularity. My dumbell rows have gone up almost double - 100 lbs each but my bench and squat , deadlift are still slow gainers. I took my 1st shot and about passed out. Should I do anything different food wise now that I’m on trt ? Switched up workout routine - Monday chest, Tuesday back, Wednesday legs , Thursday shoulders, Friday arms , rest in the weekend. Body weight at 225-227, 5’10