Tell Me About Injecting B-12

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am taking a sublingual b-12 vitamin every night but don't feel the energy or "benefit" from it and wanted to start injecting it. If you take b-12 shots, is it it's own separate injection or do you add it to another compound to save a syringe and shot.

How much do you prefer to take and where do you inject it. Please tell me what you know about injecting vitamin b-12.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to take b-12 on cycle and while off cycle. When i was on a cycle, i would just mix in the same syringe,just be careful with the pressure you apply to the plunger when you do this because water goes through ALOT easier through needle than oil does. I had a script form the doc, so the directions where 1ml a week, which worked pretty well for me over time.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most red meat eaters get more than enough B-12, and the addition of dessicated liver tabs provides all the B-12 the body can use. Cooked beef liver is probably even better. Taking supplemental B-12 is a waste of time and money, unless a blood test shows you are deficient. Period

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good info. I eat red meat right before bed, 6 oz. Other than that it is white meats. I will see on my next blood test.

I wasn't sure if B-12 was prohibited like AAS, or if it was available as vitamins or "research".

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Vitamin B12 absorbtion requires your stomach, exocrine pancreas, intrinsic factor and small bowel to be functioning normally. An abnormality or defect of any of these can lead to vitamin B12 deficiancy. This is why people with gastric bypass surgery have to have B12 supplemented via injections. In a normal functioning person B12 is usually not needed, assuming diet is in order.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got one from my dr. once and it didn't do anything for me...doesn't work for everyone he said.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kind of like ZMA in a sense then, it works well but only if you're deficient.

Thanks for the great info everyone.

Reaction score
Vitamin B12 absorbtion requires your stomach, exocrine pancreas, intrinsic factor and small bowel to be functioning normally. An abnormality or defect of any of these can lead to vitamin B12 deficiancy. This is why people with gastric bypass surgery have to have B12 supplemented via injections. In a normal functioning person B12 is usually not needed, assuming diet is in order.

^^^ this is the main reason why some ppl use B-12. I f your body don`t need B-12 no reason to go to inject this vit expecting for a huge change or feeling from it. Some ppl need more than others and for the most part the one with this health problems HC1 point out here.

Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid, many people visited our D.O. and a nurse give a B 12 injection. My VA doc has me taking at home injections 1 ML. All I can say it just might be one of the many things that keep me going as well as I am.

New Threads