What's The Worse Thing You Have Done In January At The Gym???

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My gym requires we wear shoes while squatting. You’re a lucky guy.

That’s the thing about having a home gym; wife makes the rules

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
You are officially a Lunk. Congratulations and welcome to the club.
I too am a member of said lunk club! I have a membership there because its cheap as hell and when i travel which is a lot, there is a location i can get a workout in..

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
You'd be proud of me because last week I almost told someone something but chose to walk away because I didn't need to use any of the equipment they were blocking off...

Now for the back story, the landmine in my gym is wedged between the tree rack and the wall for a reason, so that it doesn't move. This New Year's resolution workout genius decides to move the landmine to the isle, effectively blocking off access to two racks and three machines and is complaining because the landmine keeps sliding on the carpet. Had I wanted to use a rack, I would have verbally crucified this idiot, but instead I just headed over to the dumbbells to perform my shoulder workout in peace.

In retrospect, that deserved at least a Snapchat or Instagram share...

Reactions: CJ

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
different perspective here for a minute...
finally got my younger brother to the gym yesterday, he's 29, really out of shape.
my wife and I were squatting, I had my son who's 16 work out with him since he's at the point where he knows what he's doing, plus thought it would be cool for him to do that, also I was squatting like I said and I prefer to be left alone to focus.
I check on my brother a few times, low and behold my son is actually bench pressing more than him, he has to take weights off the bar for his set lol.
dude is 29 years old, 235lbs, benching 95x5. Wild.
I was proud of him for coming, and hope he gets into it. my point is it made me take a better step back to not only just say " oh hey well at least x person is in here trying, gotta start somewhere" but actually really mean it 100.
maybe on another day if I was waiting for a bench I wouldve looked at him with frustration like damn dude gtfo of my way or, fukk man both my 16 year old son and 120lb wife bench more than you wtf.
I still hate everyone in the gym dont get me wrong I'm just trying to be more patient and such. :)

Reaction score
Wore the same hat for a month while on DNP. I was sweating so much, it stunk like wood preserver. But, no one came near me! Then, the whites of my eyes started turning yellow :32 (6):

Reactions: CJ

Gabriel

Reaction score
Had a setback this last week and couldn't get anywhere muchless the gym...............But I want to share this moment I spent with a woman in the Hot Tub...She was about 98lbs or less,,real skinny and hairless(not by choice)..........As I talked she could tell I knew a little more than the next guy about C and she started to smile a little I think she even laughed at 1 of my jokes about Dr.s.........She was tired,weak and NEARLY broken......but she was there,fighting...My girl cried later and I said don't you ever cry for her,,,,that's the last thing she would,I would want from anyone..!! My girl has seen her a coulpe times since that encounter,,She stamped a mental picture in my head and when that last rep is a bitch,when I'm tired,,when I can't get that last drop out of my viens..................I remember that smile and I'm a better person for spending a moment with her...NO for her spending it with me,,,

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Well said and we’ll done Gabriel! Keep on the fight brother!

chicago311

Reaction score
people walking in the gym like their on a mission and put down their gym bag and sit on the equiptment and pull out their phone and then they are gone after a half hour, heck my wife just said to me at the gym last night WHY do they do that and i said the only thing i can think of is they dont want to go home or they want their friends to think they are muscle heads. but dang it's anoing as heck. :32 (10):

German89

Elite
Reaction score
people walking in the gym like their on a mission and put down their gym bag and sit on the equiptment and pull out their phone and then they are gone after a half hour, heck my wife just said to me at the gym last night WHY do they do that and i said the only thing i can think of is they dont want to go home or they want their friends to think they are muscle heads. but dang it's anoing as heck. :32 (10):

They take a picture do the gram. Flexing their gains. Then they're out.

If they didnt post it. How else would the world know, they live the life?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They take a picture do the gram. Flexing their gains. Then they're out.

If they didnt post it. How else would the world know, they live the life?

If you don’t capture your sets for IG do they even count

Reaction score
I never really appreciated how intimidating it must be for someone to join a gym for the first time until I started jiu jitsu at age 35. Fish out of water doesn’t begin to describe it and I used to literally get sick to my stomach before every class. I only stuck with it because some of the guys showed a lot of patience and were willing to put in the time to get me on my way. It gave me a good perspective on how it must feel for someone coming to the gym for the first time. They are forcing themselves to get there and are enduring 60 - 90 mins of perceived humiliation to improve their lives. I am not a saint, but if someone looks confused I will show them how to work a machine and I will offer them a smile when they walk in the door. We all started as retards in the gym, but someone took the time to help us get started. Nothing wrong with paying it forward.

amen to that brotha! So true, I feel like I’m going thru that “new phase” again myself! I’ve been outta the game for a while, just getting back to it, so I might be one of the retards you pay it forward to. Lol

New Threads