Dog training and help for free!!!

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I'll take the cheap raw diet advice
Rise what breed and weight will matter. When I get home later I will post quotes from my reference book I use. Breaks down like this.
80-10-10. You want 80 meat 10bone and 10 organ. You can almost find this perfectly in chicken quarters. The organ meat is behind the rib bone. 50cents a pound usually. You can get online and find a local coop for raw feeding and people in your area buy bulk for even cheaper and then split. I do five days a week with one chicken quarter and what ever veggie scraps we have. Pork shoulder or butt they call it. Cheapest pork usually. 1.50$ a pound. Usually 9-11 pounds cut up and weigh one pounders out. Ground beef most expensive 2.$ a pound weigh one pounders. So red meat on the weekends and chicken during the weeks. Works out to like a dollar or two a day and no vet bills ever. I will post more later super busy.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rise what breed and weight will matter. When I get home later I will post quotes from my reference book I use. Breaks down like this.
80-10-10. You want 80 meat 10bone and 10 organ. You can almost find this perfectly in chicken quarters. The organ meat is behind the rib bone. 50cents a pound usually. You can get online and find a local coop for raw feeding and people in your area buy bulk for even cheaper and then split. I do five days a week with one chicken quarter and what ever veggie scraps we have. Pork shoulder or butt they call it. Cheapest pork usually. 1.50$ a pound. Usually 9-11 pounds cut up and weigh one pounders out. Ground beef most expensive 2.$ a pound weigh one pounders. So red meat on the weekends and chicken during the weeks. Works out to like a dollar or two a day and no vet bills ever. I will post more later super busy.

Cool man, much appreciated. Breed of dog is unknown until I get bloodwork done on her, but she looks like a APBT, and weighs 47 lbs.

Last edited:

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
CBK is it a lot of work to feed raw? I recently found Chewy who will deliver dog dood to my door...has made my life as far as dog food super easy and never run out of food....

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Super easy man. As soon as you get home from shopping you have all those plastic bags on the floor grab ten and fill with your freshly cut pork,beef, and the qts come cut. Easy peasy. If you get a rabbit in the yard shoot them with a BB gun skin it and bam puppy dinner for two nights and a new pelt. :32 (19):

some people go all crazy spending tons a money. That’s great if it’s a business like a kennel and your making it back. Or you spent 8k on the dog I get it! But my 500$ farm shepherd getting the best fresh food on a budget haha

Last edited:

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
CBK heres my 2 pups I want to learn a bit more about feeding raw but I do like the idea. Anything thats healthier is always good!

Last edited:

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
View attachment 8966

CBK heres my 2 pups I want to learn a bit more about feeding raw but I do like the idea. Anything thats healthier is always good!
Cutie pies!!! Is that a German pointed sibling?
my reference book is RAW DOG FOOD by Carina Beth MacDonald. Everything I state or exclaim is from her book. She is the master.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a rescue great Dane, about 2 years old. When we feed him he pushes around his bowl, he will take out a few kibbles and push them around on the floor a few feet from his bowl.

We tried a feeding schedule but he will go days with out eating. Also tried different foods, gravy, broth, oils, water, wet food and what ever else.

Only way he eats for sure is we bring our roommates dog into the room and he eats right away.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a rescue great Dane, about 2 years old. When we feed him he pushes around his bowl, he will take out a few kibbles and push them around on the floor a few feet from his bowl.

We tried a feeding schedule but he will go days with out eating. Also tried different foods, gravy, broth, oils, water, wet food and what ever else.

Only way he eats for sure is we bring our roommates dog into the room and he eats right away.

Can you train Pink Bears? This one always shits near the squat rack.....

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score

Ok Pinkbear Great Dane also known as The German Mastiff is great dog. Nobody is going to let there self starve to death especially a k9. You can try a big walk or hard play session 30mins before eat time. Only feed once a day, same time. They are a lot like us and can skip some days eating and big dog can skip more than thin dog. Leave what ever your feeding out for an hour in a contained area so pup can spread food or push bowl or spell its name in kibble what ever you want. Then put the food away. I feed in the crate. Plywood bottom and memory foam cushion. Cuz I feed raw. Little blood little guts. I pull mat out feed on wood. He licks it all clean juice and all. Let it dry for 30mins add mat back. Once a week spray bleach and wipe everything down repeat. Eats after us in the crate. Dog language-the handler is Alpha top boss. You are Omega. The bottom and last. Your in the pack but last and be happy for it. Their are and love there place and will never challenge for top spot. Female dog great never going to challenge. Intact male has to be omega or he will challenge. If it’s a working dog breed. If your roommates dog helps keep doing what works. Try adding salt on top of the food. Hope this helps. Anything else I can do please ask. If more stuff pops in my head I will post. :32 (20):

CJ is going to be pissed. I didn’t indent anywhere. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Can you train Pink Bears? This one always shits near the squat rack.....
We shall see. It’s always up to the handler to do the work. Hard to find a pup that doesn’t want to play and that’s how I teach. Even the grip work and biting is all a game they love. Over time if people keep telling you your the tuffest thing on four legs pretty soon you believe it then you are it. I’ll post a sweet video later:32 (19):

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've got an evil bird dog that won't quit kicking people's asses by jumping on them constantly. I don't want to use the e-collar. Thoughts?

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I've got an evil bird dog that won't quit kicking people's asses by jumping on them constantly. I don't want to use the e-collar. Thoughts?
Joliver no problem. You know your dog best. For most dogs you need to hear a yelp to know that they got the message. You can use a slip collar if your not comfortable with remote collar. Set up the dog to fail. Suckie part. :32 (19): They are super smart and learn quick. So a short leash 6’ or less and a slip collar, prong, and e collar will work. Have hot dogs ready in hand. Start walking when pup jumps up nicely but forcefully give your no command and back up. When feet hit the floor say yes and feed a couple hot dogs. Now you can do that a hundred times and the dog should be solid. I don’t have that time. So I go back to the person and give collar correction of what ever is the smallest level to get a yep! Feet hit the ground and YES hotdog. Should only take a couple tries. If it’s not working. Could be genetic or behavioral and need some serious local help. 99% of dogs get it first or second time. Sometimes they just can’t be around others. EVER! But even then they need to give you focus and obey. Hope this helps. Best wishes for you and your partner

my partner has fear based aggression. He gets tuff cuz he’s scared. So it’s not fare to correct for that. It’s a struggle cuz he has to obey,but ultimately its a judgment call and I know him best haha

Last edited:

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
3065883B-ECE2-48D4-A9A7-D703A469F9C6.jpg
been super busy! Haven’t made the store. Last three nights dinner has been two chicken breast and food scrap. So tonight Im giving him a whole rabbit from back yard and some scraps. Super easy super cheap. Chicken quarters and hamburger tomorrow buddy!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
View attachment 9217
been super busy! Haven’t made the store. Last three nights dinner has been two chicken breast and food scrap. So tonight Im giving him a whole rabbit from back yard and some scraps. Super easy super cheap. Chicken quarters and hamburger tomorrow buddy!

What you are feeding your dog is making me hungry.

New Threads