Dog training and help for free!!!

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
He was licking the ply-wood. He’s a lucky dog and I’m a lucky man. Love that hund!!!

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
I have a pit mix. Best tempered dog I have ever had and have had lots of dogs.
I let him out by night to run around and play and he always comes home, sometimes smelling like something dead. I always give him a bath as soon as he comes in but he absolutley HATES IT. Makes me feel like I am doing something terrible cause he shakes and whines like he is being beaten. I don't understand why he hates them so much. I would give him a treat before the bath to try and make it better for him but then he got where he wouldn't eat it. Lol. Smart ass. Any suggestions on what I can do would be appreciated. Thanks.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
No problem BT. Raised from pup or rescue? Sounds like fear. Dogs are wolves and wolves live in the water. So something has brought that on. Best quick fix help is a big jar peanut butter and smear it on the back corner away from faucet end. Could be the running water too. Could try fill tub half way then bring in the pup. If that’s not it. Could be he’s just a wussy and you might have to do a quick bath ed or eod for awhile to show him. It’s just fun no bad here buddy. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Sorry for late reply super busy here bud :32 (1):

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
No problem BT. Raised from pup or rescue? Sounds like fear. Dogs are wolves and wolves live in the water. So something has brought that on. Best quick fix help is a big jar peanut butter and smear it on the back corner away from faucet end. Could be the running water too. Could try fill tub half way then bring in the pup. If that’s not it. Could be he’s just a wussy and you might have to do a quick bath ed or eod for awhile to show him. It’s just fun no bad here buddy. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Sorry for late reply super busy here bud :32 (1):

He was a rescue. Tried treats and doesn't work. Never tried running the water first though so maybe it is the sound. Will find out tonight. Thanks

Grinch

Reaction score
He was a rescue. Tried treats and doesn't work. Never tried running the water first though so maybe it is the sound. Will find out tonight. Thanks

I have a rescue bully that's the same way. He loves water but hates bath time. I've always been really easy going with him about it though because obviously somthing was up. Tried showering with him, treats galore, chew toys in the shower, etc...One day I washed him outside and it was an entirely different dog. I think it the close quarters that makes him nervous amd the all the noise. In the "cold" months I take him to the dog wash and he does pretty well but, again, it's more open and he gets to socialize before and after.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
34270F45-7A83-408B-B523-0D38AD2D1277.jpg
Roast scraps couple potatoes and a chicken leg quarter. If times get hard enough the dog will have to share and settle for half his meal being kibble. Couldn’t feed my man straight kibble. Jk Hope all is well with everyone staying inside with their pets:32 (20):

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My little APBT has been getting plenty of play time these last couple weeks. No job = more fun for her. She even finally got ahold of one of the black bears that always tries to get in the trash. She always chases them but has never got one until the other day.

The local shelter was also doing free adoptions, so we got what looks to be a little Amstaff mix for her to play with. Have to do bloodwork to determine breed, but hes cool as hell. Unfortunately he was a stray so in pretty bad shape but great attitude with my son and family. Gonna have to bulk his ass up.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
My little APBT has been getting plenty of play time these last couple weeks. No job = more fun for her. She even finally got ahold of one of the black bears that always tries to get in the trash. She always chases them but has never got one until the other day.

The local shelter was also doing free adoptions, so we got what looks to be a little Amstaff mix for her to play with. Have to do bloodwork to determine breed, but hes cool as hell. Unfortunately he was a stray so in pretty bad shape but great attitude with my son and family. Gonna have to bulk his ass up.
Good man Rise. We need more folks with a heart like yours. As all ways, if I can help I sure will try. Just send me a message brother. Half cup of rice eod would be a great start. See how he handles it.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Took pup out for a run this morning. He scared up two pheasants. Nothing like a good Dog. Truly mans best friend:32 (20):

Gabriel

Reaction score
If, you can get one of these young and the % is low,,You have a good chance at having loyal friend to the end...I only have 120 hrs in training my boy ,,,and for everything he knows and does that's nothing...A S. Husky,it would take 310 hrs easily.......He's very Alpha,friendly to people but will take NO crap from another dog...He's got the coolest,laid back demeanor......

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
B E A Utiful Gab. They say don’t judge a book by its cover, but on looks alone a saw everything you described he is haha. Lucky man and lucky dog. :32 (20):

Gabriel

Reaction score
Thanks Brother.he has saved my life maybe 10 times over the last 5 yrs...He's trained to get help or guard me when I pass out,,and just recently I trained him to help my walk when I get weak....He wants for nothing...I can let him go outside at 2am to roam free,,tell him 5 mins,,and he is on the pourch in 5..........I will take some new pics of him in public,,,IF that happens again..People are always amazed at how well mannered he is...OH yeah,he loves to go into Marshall's and pick out a toy...!! Stay Safe Brother..

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Got new puppy and he waits to come inside to shit and piss. So agitated. What shall I do?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had a few shepherds. The last two especially are exactly like me. OCD, add, always chasing some.. , constantly need entertained, always want to do something or go somewhere, and shed hair all over the house like its friggin regrown daily. Lol. They all have their habits or quirks but all good dogs tht I've had. I wish I had more time for training because the 3 year old I have now is sharp. Super sharp. She picks up on things without being shown. But other things , I can't seem to get through to her lol.

New Threads