Calorie and Macro Check....Again

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I posted a while back about losing weight while going to physical therapy. I wasn't allowed to workout or anything other than what the office told me to do. It wasn't very motivating to lose weight while not lifting weights. So I thought I'd wait until I was cleared from physical therapy.
I just finished last week.

I'd like to do an 8 week cut, and get my body fat as low as I can while keeping as much muscle as I can. After 8 weeks, I'd like to see where I'm at and see if I want to continue or stop.

So here is the latest:
Body weight: 247 lb

This is my plan:
Protein: 1 gram per pound of body weight (247 grams)

Carbohydrates: 1 gram per pound of body weight (247 grams)

Fats: .25 gram per pound of body weight (60 grams)

This setup would be 2,500 calories

Here is an example of what I would like my week to look like:

Monday - Chest, Triceps, 1 HIIT movement
Tuesday - Jiu Jitsu
Wednesday - Legs, 1 HIIT movement
Thursday - Jiu Jitsu
Friday - Shoulders and traps, maybe triceps again, 1 HIIT movement
Saturday - Back and biceps, and then jiu jitsu

Instead of doing low intensity cardio I was going to only do jiu jitsu, and 1 HIIT movement after each workout.

How does this sound? Any critiques to the macro setup ? Is 2500 calories enough to keep muscle while losing body fat? Should I increase the calories?

Thanks everyone.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Going from not working out straight to a 6 day routine with 2 days of BJJ seems a bit ambitious

CJ nailed it. I’d also forget about trying to hit a certain goal in 8 weeks.

Restart your workouts and reestablish good habits. Don’t be over enthusiastic. I’d rather you stick to something moderate than fail at something extreme (if even for missing a day here or there).

Its not a race.

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
whats your height? If you work out that much you should be under your maintenance calories at 2500 and lose fat. Its hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bjj isnt cardio turbofag

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
2500 calories sounds reeeeeally low based on your weight and projected activity level. How much are you eating now and how many days are you training?

Reactions: CJ

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
In my opinion... I go with 1.2 grams per lean body weight....unless your a 247 lbs lean I doubt u need that much ... but it dosnt hurt just more food to eat

Reaction score
I would imagine your tdee is somewhere around 3500 calories. I’d eat a bit more, somewhere around 3000 calories. Try that for a couple weeks, adjust accordingly.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Going from not working out straight to a 6 day routine with 2 days of BJJ seems a bit ambitious

CJ nailed it. I’d also forget about trying to hit a certain goal in 8 weeks.

Restart your workouts and reestablish good habits. Don’t be over enthusiastic. I’d rather you stick to something moderate than fail at something extreme (if even for missing a day here or there).

Its not a race.

2500 calories sounds reeeeeally low based on your weight and projected activity level. How much are you eating now and how many days are you training?

In my opinion... I go with 1.2 grams per lean body weight....unless your a 247 lbs lean I doubt u need that much ... but it dosnt hurt just more food to eat

I would imagine your tdee is somewhere around 3500 calories. I’d eat a bit more, somewhere around 3000 calories. Try that for a couple weeks, adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the reply guys. Sorry I made it sound like I was going to jump right into this training setup. I am going to ease into it. This week I am just doing weights in the gym and am keeping everything light. After that I will slowly add BJJ back in, and start to slowly increase the weights.

I'll play around with 2800 - 3000 calories like you guys mentioned. I'll go from there.

Thanks for the replies.

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
whats your height? If you work out that much you should be under your maintenance calories at 2500 and lose fat. Its hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

bjj isnt cardio turbofag

Height is around 5'11''.

I think BJJ is more of a HIIT type of cardio? Idk what type of cardio you would put it with.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You gotta do cardio to be able to really grapple without getting tired. Find a way to get your body moving for a hour a day

Turbolag

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought I would do an update post. So far I've been doing about 2500 calories a day.

Here is what yesterday looked like:

Meal 1:
5.3oz chicken breast cooked in avocado oil (0 calorie spray)
1 cup of cilantro lime rice
1 cup of re-fried beans
1 large honey crisp apple
2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter

Meal 2:
9.3oz top sirloin steak cooked in avocado oil (0 calorie spray)
259 grams of russet potato
2 table spoons of low sugar ketchup

Meal 3:

2 links of HEB Queso Pablano Chicken Sausage
1 cup of white rice

Meal 4:

170 grams of fat free Greek yogurt
1 large orange.

Totals for the day
:

Calories: 2576

Protein 221 grams

Carbohydrates 259 grams

Fat 77 grams

How does this look? Any suggestions?

My appetite is not huge right now. I am easing my way back into training.

New Threads