Born to bodybuild

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I was always performing feats of strength as a kid, from arm wrestling champion of the elementary school to moving heavy shit on the farm. Grandpa got me my first Olympic weight set as a freshman. I was top of the total board in football as a junior with 1335. I never considered myself a bodybuilder, I loved strongman and wanted to enter a comp one day. I pursued this passionately until 25 when I realized my reality that my shoulder and knees weren’t gonna cooperate.

I’m an all or nothing guy... so for 15 years I was nothing, been all in again for the last 9 months and if I’m fortunate enough, the rest of my days.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I started lifting in the gym at 14. Within a year or so, I was what I would call serious. I followed every workout that I could find in the bodybuilding mags. I also spent about every dollar that I could earn on subscriptions, protein powder and whatever supplement that my musclemag and flex magazines advertised. What I couldn't afford from my paper route, I got for birthdays and Christmas.

I don't really have genetics as my father was 6ft and at his biggest, 160lbs and my mothers is 5'5 and 150ish. I didn't let that stop me though. I have been addicted to the gym for 30 years now. I can't imagine what I would do without it. I have had alot of hobbies in my life but this is the only one that I never quit.

I talk alot of shit about the assholes in the gym who irritate me but reality is that I enjoy helping guys in the gym who don't really know wtf they are doing. The biggest problem I find with it is that men are terrified to admit that they don't know what they are doing so most don't ask for help. They choose instead to copy the other unknowledgeable idiot next to them making all of the noise, trying to get attention instead of asking the big guy who looks like they lift. I had no problem asking the big dude in my gym when I was a kid for his advice. Shit, if someone loves what they do, they never have a problem talking to others about it.

These days, I focus on BSP jr as he is taking up the iron now. He has broad shoulders and a small waist so the potential is their. Proud dad doesn't even scratch the surface of how I feel about that. Maybe he can take over the throne when I am gone. But for now, I'm sitting on the thrown with my crown on my head and a barbell on my side waiting for my next set.

Reaction score
I found a old bench behind the thrift store that was behind my house someone left for donation it had about 50 lbs. of plastic covered conrete weights and a Arnold book on bodybuilding read the thing from cover to cover 20 times haha it was only like 35 pages it showed a few movments for each body part.

I was 12 years old and my stepfather was a dick so i might end up on restriction to my room for 3 to 6 months at a time only coming out for bathroom school or dinner. I had plenty of time on my hands so i dedicated myself to looking like the guys in the books, working out twice a day doing every exercise in the book that i had the room or equipment for.

I started to learn more about the form and how to get the most out of a movement and how to make the lighter weights seem heavy as i got stronger because i had no way to get more weights. It def built my confidence and my body as a teen and gave me something to look forward to everyday. On a side note it pissed of my stepfather that I was more confident and getting bigger guess he was threatened a little, he def became more hostile. I went through JR> high and high school lifted twice a day everyday stealing dorian yates back routine or who ever I thought had the best body part in the mags I used their routine for that.

I ran track, Cross country track, wrestled and still managed to lift everyday. Sorry my response is so long lifting is super nostalgic for me and help me through some of the hardest time of my life. Now me and my two sons lift and push each other we really drive the intensity for each other I just dont recover as fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
My step dad had weights at the house or went to the Y when I was growing up. So had experience when I was young. Definitely have some genetic gifts and plenty of trouble areas CALFS, went hard on free weights at 13-14 looked amazing then drugs and girls until my wife at 20. Hit the gym and tanning to get sexy for the wedding. 21 nothing for a year. Then start new career and meet group of meat heads. This was my best and biggest. Lifted for a year with those guys got in my best shape ever 212 strong. No crazy packs though. Those guys got on gear and stared shows and straight up I was scared and just dropped out. Now ten years latter The Kid is on The Come Back right behind my best ever, and I know to be happy I can never stop!!!:32 (9):

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
When I was born, the doctor thought my mother was pregnant with twins because a dumbell came out right after me.

Reactions: CJ

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was born to MaiTai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
When I was born, the doctor thought my mother was pregnant with twins because a dumbell came out right after me.

DAMN!!!!! Yo momma KINKY!!

New Threads