National Championship

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Any College football fans on the board? I love the intensity of the guys that are still looking to get to the next level! I played ball for about 14 years and am excited for tonight. Geaux Tigers!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Im a college ball fan! I live 15 minutes from LSU stadium and work in baton rouge for now as well. Neither team tonight are my favorite but it should be a damn good game.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
LSU all the way.

Clemson impressed me against Ohio State, but I don't see Burrow making any mistakes to allow Clemson to win this one.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What a great QB matchup tonight. Games going to be awesome. I’ll just be enjoying good football. I’m not on either teams bandwagon.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Tater , is that go tigers or Geaux Tigahs! Cuz go tigers could be Clemson, lol???? Should be a good one in Cajun territory!!

Honestly it’s Go Dawgs around here but both teams are great and deserve to play in the big game. My money is on LSU but they have to play defense.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Agreed! I’m a fighting Irish guy, you and Deadlifter are Dawgs fans, but tonight it’s LSU!! Enjoy!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
im born and raised here in new orleans. LA Tech is my college i played for so they are my first favorite team.. Then its georgia bulldawgs for me! Going to camps in high school for football and the whole recruiting stuff played a role in that. Whoever wins tonight deserves it as both teams are on fire! Should be a great game.

Utm18

Reaction score
Buckeye here..... going to be a good game for sure. Think I'll be rooting for LSU tonight

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LSU Coach Ed Orgeron may be the most cajun thing to come out of a Louisiana swamp since alligators.

He's got the best press conference voice in all of college football. Ask him anything - can't understand a god damned word that comes out of his mouth but ye can't bear to look away and he always concludes with "Geau Tigahs". I'm 115% confident he concludes everything he says with "Geaux Tigahs".

Like...

Drive-Thru Attendant: "So Mr. Orgeron, thats a double whopper with extra cheese and no onions, waffle fries and a sweet-tea, is that correct?"
Ed Orgeron: "Grbuglzurgleregrgbrglz!! Ergerbrgrbrgvrzzllbgrzll. Geaux Tigahs."

I bet he and Missus Orgeron conclude sexy time by high-fiving and shouting "Geaux Tigahs".

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lets go Mets!

Hokie fan here. I think LSU man handles Clemson tonight. Honestly, hoping so at least, cant pull for Clemson...ever

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
LSU Coach Ed Orgeron may be the most cajun thing to come out of a Louisiana swamp since alligators.

He's got the best press conference voice in all of college football. Ask him anything - can't understand a god damned word that comes out of his mouth but ye can't bear to look away and he always concludes with "Geau Tigahs". I'm 115% confident he concludes everything he says with "Geaux Tigahs".

Like...

Drive-Thru Attendant: "So Mr. Orgeron, thats a double whopper with extra cheese and no onions, waffle fries and a sweet-tea, is that correct?"
Ed Orgeron: "Grbuglzurgleregrgbrglz!! Ergerbrgrbrgvrzzllbgrzll. Geaux Tigahs."

I bet he and Missus Orgeron conclude sexy time by high-fiving and shouting "Geaux Tigahs".
I think your absolutely correct!! Definitely the kind of coach you would want to play for! He’s a mans man for sure!!!!!!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I don't watch football but the wife is from LA and her son goes to LSU, she grew up with a football coach for a father so she gets into it sometimes.
Watched the game it was good, glad LSU got the W I'd like to think the rare spectacle of we watching gave them the edge they needed ;)

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Glad LSU pulled it off, it's been a good while since they became national champs. The coach is cool as hell!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone get ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU? They all televised the game but in a different format. ESPN had what I would call a regular game setting. ESPN2 had 3 screens; the game and 2 sets of commentators. ESPNU had the same 2 sets of commentators with 2 different field views. The last 2 were hard to even watch, ESPNU was borderline confusing to the eyes. I hope this experiment isn't the wave of the future because it sucked.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone get ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU? They all televised the game but in a different format. ESPN had what I would call a regular game setting. ESPN2 had 3 screens; the game and 2 sets of commentators. ESPNU had the same 2 sets of commentators with 2 different field views. The last 2 were hard to even watch, ESPNU was borderline confusing to the eyes. I hope this experiment isn't the wave of the future because it sucked.

The only time I have seen this work is what DirecTV ans CBS do with The Masters every year. But that is different, ya know, 18 holes all over the place and all.

New Threads