cast your votes & weigh in your 2 cents please

should I

• continue to take the kid to school as usual

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • make lazy asses get up while I chill out on my day off

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • start banging the step mom as punishment to all the inconsiderate parties involved

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Quick run down, step kids 12 & 15 are here Thursday night through Monday morning

mom picks up the 15 year old from high school Thursdays at 4pm they then go pick up the 12 year old at dads house

Mondays roll around I get up take the 16 year old kid to school at 8am the 12 year old gets picked up at between 1030 & noon

(the 12 year old is half ass home school at the dad & step moms house, they are both really lazy hippy's)

the dad lost his job several months ago & is now living on the step moms paycheck

Got me thinking this morning when I got up all grouchy because this is not my type of schedule (I'm a late riser)

why in the fuk am I the one taking the kid to school ?

So the lazy ass hippy dad & the lazy ass no school 12 year old can sleep in, wtf ?

but then I think if I act up then my girl will think I'm lazy (that's how she thinks)

I like the kids & am teaching the high schooler weight lifting & how not to be a fag

but damn if it doesn't feel like I'm picking up the slack for some lazy asses

cast your votes please

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
That’s just dad work. It pays off one day i hear . Lazy is the worst,and I’m not talking bratt haha. If your half as cool as you are on the board those boys will look back in ten years and think John is twice the man of my Dad and come to you for everything and ditch the crazy lazy. Sounds like your a good man not a sucker brother. :32 (19):

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
That’s called being a parent step kids or not, when you took up your lady you took up her children as well. I have 2 step daughters and I do everything they see there dad once a month for a weekend. I have no complaints about the situation

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
As long as they appreciate it John. Hopefully they do. Believe me, wheather they show it or not, they know who’s there for them. Their young so they don’t always express it, but they’ll get it. So as long as you love the lady it will be worth the extra effort. Good luck my friend!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Cut through all the details and B.S.

I will give you the same advice I give my own offspring. "Doing the right thing is not always easy but it is always the right thing" Another one that applies; "If it's important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse."

Rydog

Reaction score
A big part of being a man is picking up the slack from all the f#uck boys out there. These kids will be better off seeing you do these things compared to doing what the quarter assed dad is doing.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Make that dad do some fathering.

If you continue to do it, you'll essentially be the person at work that gets ran over simply because they'll work hard. The dad will continue to be the person that ****s off at work because the manager doesn't have time to correct bad behavior and he knows he can get you to do it.

Don't make emotional decisions. Appealing to your sense of loyalty to the kids is not the way to think of this. The real lesson that you'll teach those kids is that fatherhood is important and you have to do shit. What they are learning now is that fathers don't do shit and their slack gets picked up by Mom's boyfriend, neighbor, co-worker, friends, parents, etc.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Everyone said some great things. Comebackkid nailed it.

Snake has made the point about calling his kids “young men”. I think you showing them the way is an extension of his ideas. F everyone else... hep make two kids become men.
(and make the wife bang the stepmom so you don’t get in trouble)

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Being a late riser is lazy unless your working nights ... bottom line do what's right for your family without complaining ... disciple is it's own reward ... I also hate mornings but know it's my key to a great day ... setting night alarms are as important as morning alarms ... you cannot stay up until 2am and be up at 6am over the long run ... set priorities ... what is most important in your life ... this will be your ultimate decision maker .. late night tv is the enemy ... good luck ... keep us posted ...

Gabriel

Reaction score
Step kids are no fun,,been there,burnt the shirt...........That being said,I resolved to the fact,that I can't change anyone no matter how much I want to or try...Meaning the Kids parents...As far as the Kids go.different story....The hurdle I always had was the Mom...If you and her can get on the same page,the battle is nearly won..........nearly..

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
1. If you're teaching them how to be better people then start by leading by example. They may not understand or appreciate now but someday they will. You can hold your head high knowing you did the right thing.

2. Your old lady will be grateful and offer you the balloon knot.

3. Reward yourself every morning you get up early with pop tarts.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Reaction score
Not fair I did everything ............no balloon knot for me.......what's a balloon knot????

Reactions: Jin

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Meh, I'd bang the step mom while forcing the lazy dad and kids to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel

Reaction score
Thinking about calling that crazy ex-wife and demanding my earned balloon knot..!!

New Threads