Where to begin

Reaction score
I researched for months before I signed up and posted.
This stuff is incredibly easy to understand once you do the work/research but overwhelmingly complicated if you have no base of knowledge to start from
I can see that now. Will do.

Reactions: Jin

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just because he don't want to be huge don't mean he should cut

Cutting isn't a cycle it's a diet!

You can run tren and gain, lose or stay the same weight.

There is no real bulk / cut cycles that's what the kitchen is for.
my man sfg is right no such thing as a cutting cycle

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Steroid profiles. Not on this site. Steroid dot com has excellent write ups. Ignore the other content.

HPTA. Look it up, study it then ask questions.

Ester & half life.

PCT

TRT

I researched for months before I signed up and posted.
This stuff is incredibly easy to understand once you do the work/research but overwhelmingly complicated if you have no base of knowledge to start from

I can see that now. Will do.

If your teacher tells you to go to the library and check out a book, you show up the next with that book!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You don't want anavar. Getting back or calf pumps while pulling hose or carrying gear would suck.

I'd say lower dose test is your best bet. And take it easy on that delicious firehouse food, you have already learned about the cardiac issues and the ridiculous BP and heart rate spikes on the job, not to mention the high cancer death rates.

You'll probably end up reading about equipoise/boldenone at some point in your research. It'll sound good to you, lean mass with endurance and low side effects, but it will elevate your hematocrit, which is basically blood thickness, which you don't want on the job.

You, more than most with your job, need to be on top of your bloodwork. Don't forget to research this!!!

Best of luck.

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First off welcome to UG ... 2nd whenever people say they've been working out for 12 years and eating right then say the have an injury and are fat now there is a disconnect ... it would be helpful to give your stats ... you gave height and weight but not body fat % ... which really tells the story ... 6" 220 10% is a big difference than 6" 220 30% bodyfat ... I'd also recommend researching diet and workout regimen before 1st cycle ... so many waste their first cycle because they thought they understood diet .. I can tell by reading your post your diet is not on point ... also recovery from your injury 100% and train natural for a minimum of 6 months ... starting your cycle out of shape again would be wasteful ... the reality is learning AAS is easy ... putting in the work (and learning) about diet and working out for maximum gains is much harder and requires discipline ... any dipshlt can take PED's ... only small number will realise the true benefits ... good luck and keep us posted ...

Reaction score
First off welcome to UG ... 2nd whenever people say they've been working out for 12 years and eating right then say the have an injury and are fat now there is a disconnect ... it would be helpful to give your stats ... you gave height and weight but not body fat % ... which really tells the story ... 6" 220 10% is a big difference than 6" 220 30% bodyfat ... I'd also recommend researching diet and workout regimen before 1st cycle ... so many waste their first cycle because they thought they understood diet .. I can tell by reading your post your diet is not on point ... also recovery from your injury 100% and train natural for a minimum of 6 months ... starting your cycle out of shape again would be wasteful ... the reality is learning AAS is easy ... putting in the work (and learning) about diet and working out for maximum gains is much harder and requires discipline ... any dipshlt can take PED's ... only small number will realise the true benefits ... good luck and keep us posted ...

I am 6’ roughly 215 now and 22% body fat. I had surgery back in July. I have been back in the gym hard since October. As far as diet goes, I am doing what has always worked for me to take some weight off. I know I don’t eat the way most of you do. Never have. I need to research all of this as well. I have always been the guy that if I eat more I gain more stomach. So I intermittently fast and eat at noon and 6 and that is it. I figure this would not work while on a cycle but for what I am doing now it works for me.

Reaction score
You don't want anavar. Getting back or calf pumps while pulling hose or carrying gear would suck.

I'd say lower dose test is your best bet. And take it easy on that delicious firehouse food, you have already learned about the cardiac issues and the ridiculous BP and heart rate spikes on the job, not to mention the high cancer death rates.

You'll probably end up reading about equipoise/boldenone at some point in your research. It'll sound good to you, lean mass with endurance and low side effects, but it will elevate your hematocrit, which is basically blood thickness, which you don't want on the job.

You, more than most with your job, need to be on top of your bloodwork. Don't forget to research this!!!

Best of luck.

luckily my crew is a healthier one. Yes we can eat some big , not so healthy , meals from time to time but for the most part it’s lean. I would start with test only and still have much to look into. Not even close to that point yet but that’s why I am here to cover all ends.

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
That is why I am here. I don’t know how bad some are vs which ones aren’t as bad. I honestly had a hope to learn which ones would be right for me. And as of now it’s all pointing to test only and or test and Anavar. I know people are very opinionated with Anavar but as I have read it is on the lower end of AAS and seems to have what I want as far as body goes.

Some are worse than others, sure. However, there are adverse effects to some level from all of them. Most of that is related to BP and cholesterol in one way or another.

It's has been stated in here already yes Var is great but save it for a later cycle. You can get the results you want with a solid diet and training plan. 500mg/wk of test will surprise you with what it can do.

CJ mentioned some other things to consider specific to firehouse life. If you work in CA and your dept sends out strike teams that's something to consider as well. Sticking a needle in yourself in front of everyone in a sleep trailer would be frowned upon. Or maybe you're lucky and your dept puts you up in a hotel. And good luck getting in any kind of workout other than humping hose with your web gear on. Idk. Just things to consider.

Reaction score
CJ mentioned some other things to consider specific to firehouse life. If you work in CA and your dept sends out strike teams that's something to consider as well. Sticking a needle in yourself in front of everyone in a sleep trailer would be frowned upon. Or maybe you're lucky and your dept puts you up in a hotel. And good luck getting in any kind of workout other than humping hose with your web gear on. Idk. Just things to consider.

thank you for the advice. I am lucky enough to work in south Florida where we run more medical than anything else. I can’t remember the last time I had a good fire.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am 6’ roughly 215 now and 22% body fat. I had surgery back in July. I have been back in the gym hard since October. As far as diet goes, I am doing what has always worked for me to take some weight off. I know I don’t eat the way most of you do. Never have. I need to research all of this as well. I have always been the guy that if I eat more I gain more stomach. So I intermittently fast and eat at noon and 6 and that is it. I figure this would not work while on a cycle but for what I am doing now it works for me.

This why you must learn first cycle after ... eating more is not the idea ... eating more of proper macros will make a huge difference .. also if more food equals more stomach this relates to how your working out as well as diet ... to gain muscle you will likely gain some fat with increased calories ... but as strength increases so will size ... there is killer info here ... you sound genuinely interested ... your goals are definitely possible ... just think in terms of either cutting or bulking ... not both at the same time ... 22% is not horrible ... if your going cycle ... add strength and size ... then cut through diet after ...

Reaction score
This why you must learn first cycle after ... eating more is not the idea ... eating more of proper macros will make a huge difference .. also if more food equals more stomach this relates to how your working out as well as diet ... to gain muscle you will likely gain some fat with increased calories ... but as strength increases so will size ... there is killer info here ... you sound genuinely interested ... your goals are definitely possible ... just think in terms of either cutting or bulking ... not both at the same time ... 22% is not horrible ... if your going cycle ... add strength and size ... then cut through diet after ...

i Am very interested and eager to do all of this right. Looks like I have a lot to research before I come back to bounce some things off of you. I appreciate the help thus far.

Reaction score
So as far as research has gone, I have had trouble finding a majority belief about how to restart HPTA. Every site has different thought about how to go about this. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So as far as research has gone, I have had trouble finding a majority belief about how to restart HPTA. Every site has different thought about how to go about this. Any thoughts on this?

I mostly see use HCG during the cycle, and a combo of Clomid and Nolva after the AAS clears enough(half lives).

Im TRT, so I never really delved deep into it. But that's the most common routine I see. Others can help with amounts/duration.

Reaction score
I mostly see use HCG during the cycle, and a combo of Clomid and Nolva after the AAS clears enough(half lives).

Im TRT, so I never really delved deep into it. But that's the most common routine I see. Others can help with amounts/duration.

If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been on TRT? Idk if there is a direct correlation of time on TRT and amount vs hcg use during/after cycle

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been on TRT? Idk if there is a direct correlation of time on TRT and amount vs hcg use during/after cycle

5 years or so now. I don't use HCG anymore, but I did in the very beginning.

If I remember correctly, I had 10,000iu vials, after reconstitution, I would use 500ius, twice weekly.

Reaction score
Sup fellas I’m new here as well but This isn’t my first rodeo lol anyway my first cycle was dianabol only had no idea what I was doing it was high school anyways I was an idiot luckily I was young enough to bounce back but later in life I started my first real cycle test enanthate only, 250mg twice a week got great gains felt ****ing amazing aims people will say 250 mg a week but that’s seems more like trt to me after all you want to feel it right?...... then after your first cycle add a compound u want to be able to feel the diff and no where your side effects are coming from