**** cardio just gonna keep doing chest until it gets bigger then my stomach!!!

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score

A wise man by the name of Seth Feroce once said if you just want to hide your stomach make your chest bigger.

I hate cardio I give up on dropping the lbs. at this point smh

Reactions: IHI

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

A wise man by the name of Seth Feroce once said if you just want to hide your stomach make your chest bigger.

I hate cardio I give up on dropping the lbs. at this point smh

This makes no sense, not so wise IMO.

Stomach size is made in the kitchen not by cardio.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Cardio has its place for heart/artery health. Rotate in other types of cardio or even just do long distance walks.

As I’m sure you know... everyone is right about it being about the diet.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio has its place for heart/artery health. Rotate in other types of cardio or even just do long distance walks.

its not just diet ..Its gotta be weights cardio diet and drugs all together..

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I burn alot more cals lifting then doing cardio. Cardio is just to supplement your lifting regiment and deficit to create a bigger deficit
cardio will tighten everything and give u the energy to continue lifting hard in the gym ..Its extremely under appreciated or done correctly

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Guys I was not serious... kind of I hate it but I’m starting to understand I just have to stop being a sissy and get to it

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are so many options available to perform cardiovascular exercise. I can run a different form of cardio every day for weeks without performing the same one twice. Lifters need to understand that cardio improves the performance of your heart and lungs.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
There are so many options available to perform cardiovascular exercise. I can run a different form of cardio every day for weeks without performing the same one twice. Lifters need to understand that cardio improves the performance of your heart and lungs.

Learned the importance when I was learning to box.

Try to spar without any cardio, 30 seconds and dead lol.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
i gauge my cardio needs on the dicky doo system. If my belly sticks out further than my dicky doo, its time to add in cardio:32 (18):.. Real talk, cardio is part of it all coming together along with diet and lifting. I used to hate it too but learned to switch it up and just get it done.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Learned the importance when I was learning to box.

Try to spar without any cardio, 30 seconds and dead lol.

Like SFG said, you can't go hard on the weights or in the ring without good cardiovascular conditioning. It's part of the equation. Find something you like to do. Splitting a cord of firewood is great if you have a fireplace. Chasing kids down the block for their lunch money... so many possible activities

ripper

Reaction score

This guy is spot on. I hate cardio but try to do treadmill walks on steep inclines to get the work in. That heart isn't a muscle you want to neglect.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I can tell you in the last three years the absolute strongest I have been on legs day was during the time period I was also doing the most cardio. I was cutting, and cranking out the cardio, mostly sprints in the stepmill, and I put up a 500x7 rep squat. Snake can vouche for this cause he was the fkr who was egging me on via text. Haven't done cardio to that level since, and ditto on the squats.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio contributes more than body fat reduction ... its is an absolute requirement for fitness ... whats the point of having huge muscles if you cannot walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded .. not to mention attracting all the female attention but not have the stamina to go more than 2 minutes in the sack without running out of breath ... cardio - just do it!

Reaction score
Cardio has always been my foundation. If I slack cardio it hurts me overall.
I supplement my cardio with jiu jitsu to mix it up.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I signed up to jiu jitsu and hyper extended my arm 2nd class ****ed up my workouts for a few weeks smh

Cardio has always been my foundation. If I slack cardio it hurts me overall.
I supplement my cardio with jiu jitsu to mix it up.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I signed up to jiu jitsu and hyper extended my arm 2nd class ****ed up my workouts for a few weeks smh

That's why I haven't taken any BJJ classes. Little injuries are inevitable.

New Threads