Great people of UG

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
When will you know if you are a match?
To be honest I’m not totally sure. The discussion has been had with all appropriate parties, but right now they’re trying to get her strong enough for the liver transplant which comes first, then recovery from that, then they’ll do the kidney. When I offered the kidney she was in much better shape, so when testing was spoken about this week, my buddy and I were told “ we have time, we have a long way to go first”, so I guess we wait. Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and I’ve appreciated hearing your stories.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Just the thought.....to help a perfect stranger.......................a huge part of humanity,,we have somehow lost...but not all of us....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is an extraordinarily kind thing of you to offer and doif all matches. Much respect to you man. If Jin actually donated his testicles, instead of selling them to a Japanese formal dinner, his would have been right up with yours in terms most kindest things I've seen here. Haha. Awesome of you again. Also, just an fyi. If this goes through you'll be applicable for a transplant voucher for possible future loved ones if needed.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Anyone else always notice........that no matter what the thread is about ,,there's always a slot for dick and ball jokes..............anyone??

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else always notice........that no matter what the thread is about ,,there's always a slot for dick and ball jokes..............anyone??

Who said I was joking? Lol you weren't here at the time.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
It would not be the UG without it, lol! Perfect example of what I wrote about how we treat each other on this board. I love the jokes, ball breaking and banter on this board. It what makes our board a fun place. Love UG! And the people on it. Being involved here has made me a smarter , better and more productive lifter! It’s been my great pleasure to be a part of this men!and I didn’t forget you German and RIP JENN!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Yeah,,we are some crazy ,,didn't get past step 1 in 12 step programs,,,,,,,,,,,,,can't take to your mom's house,,,,,,,,,,,,,,small jacked on gun powder(not JIN),,,lovable bastards(again not JIN)......................that's what makes it work,,all the different pieces that come togther(not gonna say it)..............

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
Jesus man. You're giving the gift of life. That's something incredible and wholesome.

I think the best thing I've done was when I managed to convict a child-rapist. He had raped over 4 children, including both his own. The youngest was 7. I cried in that court room after hearing he would be sent to prison for 12 years. We worked on the case for 16 months. It wasnt long enough but It bought a peace of mind to the victims.

The best thing someone did for me was save me from probably certain death. I was talking to a driver who I believed to be wanted, but we wasnt sure. I stupidly stood in front of the driverside door which was roadside and the guy pushed the door open as hard as he could and I fell into the road which had an oncoming car literally a second or two away going about 40mph. My colleague managed to somehow grab me as I was falling and pull me away. I don't know how I didn't die, how my colleague managed to grab me like that and pull me away. Even when I look back at the footage I still think that I somehow cheated death. He only got a year for that shit too.

What your doing, giving life to someone else, is so much more precious and special than anyone can imagine.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That’s very kind of you.

I’ve been wanting to share this for a while now just haven’t found the right time and place.

One of my friends died young in HS from a terrible car accident and his parents decided to donate his organs. Obviously not something they planned for but the decision was made.

Months later his Mother was visiting his grave and noticed a woman there. Posh in her early 30s. As she was leaving the lady approached Tyler’s Mom and said....(I’m paraphrasing) I know I’m not supposed to do this but I want to tell you thank you for the decision you made and though I don’t know you I love you. I, she stated, am the recipient of your Sons heart. Back then the donors identity and information was guarded and in most cases destroyed not really sure how it is now but back then that’s how it was. Nobody knew how she found out. The two remain friends still to this day.

One day Mom asked the recipient how she knew where his grave was and who she was living a state away. The recipient replied, you know I’ve always been a bookworm and never cared for the outdoors or sports. Since receiving this heart I now have season tickets to the St Louis Rams football team and bought a 4 wheeler. (Ty was a standout football player and a sponsored Jr motor cross competitor) She said she was compelled to go there Nearly 150 miles away.

Not once has said recipient ever exploited her or asked for $$. They are both convinced that Tyler just wanted his Mom to know he loved her and his heart lives on.

It’s crazy how an organ recipient can suddenly be compelled to do something like that or take on interests of the donor when never showing an interest before.

Im proud of you for even considering such a thing.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
That's an amazing thing you are doing! I'm a big advocate for organ and blood donation but a kidney is next level

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
That’s very kind of you.

I’ve been wanting to share this for a while now just haven’t found the right time and place.

One of my friends died young in HS from a terrible car accident and his parents decided to donate his organs. Obviously not something they planned for but the decision was made.

Months later his Mother was visiting his grave and noticed a woman there. Posh in her early 30s. As she was leaving the lady approached Tyler’s Mom and said....(I’m paraphrasing) I know I’m not supposed to do this but I want to tell you thank you for the decision you made and though I don’t know you I love you. I, she stated, am the recipient of your Sons heart. Back then the donors identity and information was guarded and in most cases destroyed not really sure how it is now but back then that’s how it was. Nobody knew how she found out. The two remain friends still to this day.

One day Mom asked the recipient how she knew where his grave was and who she was living a state away. The recipient replied, you know I’ve always been a bookworm and never cared for the outdoors or sports. Since receiving this heart I now have season tickets to the St Louis Rams football team and bought a 4 wheeler. (Ty was a standout football player and a sponsored Jr motor cross competitor) She said she was compelled to go there Nearly 150 miles away.

Not once has said recipient ever exploited her or asked for $$. They are both convinced that Tyler just wanted his Mom to know he loved her and his heart lives on.

It’s crazy how an organ recipient can suddenly be compelled to do something like that or take on interests of the donor when never showing an interest before.

Im proud of you for even considering such a thing.
That’s truly an awesome story! I used to have my donor card set up , but I think it updated when I got my last license. I’m going to refill it out when I renew in the next few mont!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
The ****in UG! That’s why I love this place. Like Big game story went, that girl now like riding quads and your wife does what I do all day..........You’re welcome Jin, lol!!!!

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is incredibly selfless!! God Bless you brother!! I pray everything works out.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
When will you know if you are a match?
When a doctor puts you on the transplant waiting list, no one knows exactly how long you have to wait, it's all depends on what stage of liver disease you're at.

I don't know if my act of kindness does help. I always hold the elevator door open until as many people as the capacity allowed, but for the disable, I'd step out & let he/her in.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Might be asking a lot ,,,but can my girl get the other Raider..it's getting too expensive to pay to watch..!!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Might be asking a lot ,,,but can my girl get the other Raider..it's getting too expensive to pay to watch..!!
Gabriel, if will help you out, then of course my friend!!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Thanks Brother ,,,my addiction is getting costly...................She has no Idea yet,,so it may take a couple of shots of Jagg...I'll let you know..!!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks to UG for all the kind words and support you all gave me through this. Unfortunately it looks like I won’t have the opportunity to help my friend as she passed at 5:00p.m. Yesterday. Again thanks to you all for the support you gave me. Love this board/family I’ve become a member of. Raider.

New Threads