Great people of UG

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
One of my best friend has a wife that is in bad shape. As it turns out she will need both a liver and kidney transplant to survive.After having a long talk with my wife and daughter, I’ve offered a kidney if I’m a match. My wife is scared, but I told her, this group of friends would do the same. His wife has also been a friend of mine since we were thirteen. The reason for this thread is because with the amount of integrity the men and women of this board have , I thought it would interesting to hear some of the things you all have done for others , or great things others on the board have done for one another. I just know there is so much greatness on this board that you must have some stories we would all appreciate hearing and learning from, humbly Raider

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
that's a big deal man, good on you. hope that works out well for the both of you if it comes to that!
can't say I have ever done anything to compare to that but given the right person I would for sure.
I did hold the door open for some lady at 7 eleven earlier, she didn't even say thanks, all good ;)

Reaction score
Yep about the same as Gibs. That is pretty cool of you to do that cant say i would do the same. I think i stopped a coked out stripper from killing herself one time. I think i had bad motives though.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I shared a bite of my steak with my wife once but she offered me the sex so it was the least that I could do.

Seriously tho, you are a good man to consider doing something like that. I have never been lucky enough to care about someone enough outside of my blood that I could honestly say that I would ever consider that type of sacrifice for.

Hope everything turns out alright for your friends wife...and you too if it comes to that.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’ve come to the aid of some people in need but I can honestly say the things I did for those folks, anybody here would have done.

I cannot say that about what you decided to offer your friend.

Saving a life is one thing. Offering your own kidney to do so is something more.

That is a very bold and generous move.

Kudos to you.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
I hope this didn’t come out as a “ look at me” thing.I really just wanted to share something going on in my life with you guys and have the opportunity to Hear your stories or things you know other members have done. One thing that comes to mind is when a couple of the boys traveled great distances and showed up at Trens powerlifting meet and were there for support and assistance.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
no it didnt dude, if people wanna see it that way than fukkem.
I share a lot with my bros here and I know some will think that way sometimes, most know me well enough to know I'm just sharing my crazy life.
next post will be trump saying nobody ever said I look like the rock so there beat ya too it buddy ;)

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that man. That’s a bigger thing to do for someone than I have ever even thought about. It’s things like this that make me realize how selfish I can be and when you look at the bigger picture there’s so much more i could give to others. I hope it is a match and everything turns out well.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Deep respect. Not sure I’d bring myself to do it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
When will you know if you are a match?

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Seriously Raider thats a big decision, and a giant heart! I am happy to help where I can and do so generously. Your a good man!

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Greater is Raider! That’s crazy selfless. My mom is young. Like 50yr totally disable and I care for her the best I can.back is destroyed, lots of surgeries. I’m the oldest boy of a bunch of all boys she had. I’m the oldest and most well off. So I do everything for years now. The boys don’t have much and do even less. There young. I don’t hold it against them. I was 20s before. Hospitals and nursing homes, therapists and visits to my house every week to spend the day we my son and I. That being said. I only pledged my life to my wife and children. Sad to say but I would only risk operations for one of them. So those I love I would do everything for up to risk of death. Like being cut open and take my stuff out. I should of put all the nice stuff I do at the end. Now I just sound like a COCK! Raider God Bless you and I hope it’s a smooth deal. :32 (19):

Last edited:

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
That's a really big deal man. Hope it all works out well. I don't think anyone would want any of my organs so won't have to do that.
It's nothing compared to that, but I have done the plumbing and septic systems for several churches and 3 recovery centers.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear about your friend’s wife. I hope everything works out... You’re a rare breed of bro to offer that, bless you. I hope she can find a liver as well.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Giving a kidney to a person in need ranks right up there in a special class of human beings. I don't come close to that class, but I do enjoy the satisfaction of helping troubled kids to try and have a little better outlook on life through animal care, and hard work.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My brother had kidney failure and needed a transplant. My wife and I both get tested to see if we were a match (we weren’t). If you haven’t gone to get tested yet, be prepare for them to draw a lot of blood. They took so much from me I actually passed out. Funny thing is that when my brother saw me pass out, he did too! Those poor fuking nurses!

I try to show people kindness when I can, but the moments that I always remember are those when people showed me kindness when it was least expected.

- the time I locked myself out of my car and the lock smith refused to take a $20 from me ( because I am sure that at the time it was obvious that it was all I had)

- the teacher in high school who tutored me while I was suspended out of school and never made me feel like I was the delinquent I was.

- the amateur overall winner in a contest I entered as a teen who told me my back looked good.

- the boss who backed me up after I made a mistake I could have been fired for.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear about your friend’s wife. I hope everything works out... You’re a rare breed of bro to offer that, bless you. I hope she can find a liver as well.

If he’s the perfect match (blood type + 6 antigens) then he might as well give her a piece of his liver too. It grows back.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
True, go all out.. literally. I’m an organ donor, but I’m too stingy... only when I’m dead do anyone other than my children get them.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
You da man brother.

as far as giving to others, I have never donated anything other then a bunch of clothes. I have talked and held their hands and watched people die several times. It is not much but being a decent person. I tore my right bicep several years ago performing cpr on a victim in a head on. I tore the door down to her waist so I could reach in to work on her, she didn’t make it.

New Threads