IM shot leaking into knee???

Reaction score
IM injection into left thigh. I went a little lower on the thigh to cycle spots im injecting but still within the mid thigh band area.

Well two days later and I have pain, swelling , and redness in my knee. I swear I can feel the oil in my knee and its even a bit warm to the touch. The gear im using is not the issue because its been the smoothest ugl ive ever run. Its also either way overdosed or else everything ive had before was way under but none the less wtf???

Has anyone had this happen to them? Im already feeling the gear in the gym and its only been two weeks. Ive been doing EOD IM injections.

Thoughts???

Gabriel

Reaction score
Listen it's more common than most would think...Dealing with it right now...1-heat on that area...I use a heating pad with a wet washcloth(moist heat) directly on the area.2 or 3 times a day..Hot bath helps well too.. ......2-anti-inflamitories....................3-NO ICE.stay away from the cold.......If you start to have a temp then you may have a real problem..

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you ... are you injecting into ventro-glute .. it is far easier than glute injections ... because its so much easier to reach.

I also inject thighs if using short esters and I need 3 injection sights per week ... with dozen of thigh injections I've never experienced what you are talking about .. I also go for the meetie part of the thigh much higher and on the more outside part of the thigh.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
You probably hit a tendon by going lower than usually. It should go away in a few days. Take some ibuprofen and warm compress to the knee.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You have the HIVs...

Nothing really constructive here but it might help others to know how much oil you’re using?

Seems far distance to travel and I’d imagine it would have to stay in the muscle fascia unless it came back out the injection site. Seems more plausible with a ton of oil.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
You probably hit a tendon by going lower than usually.

I tend to agree with this.

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago, pinned a quad in a normal spot. A couple days later about 8" lower down by the knee got hot, red and painful. Injection site was fine, no issues and this isn't my first rodeo.

Chalked it up to hitting a nerve or connective tissue, kept an eye on it and eventually it went away on it's own. I've had PIP before but that one was particularly crippling for whatever reason.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this.

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago, pinned a quad in a normal spot. A couple days later about 8" lower down by the knee got hot, red and painful. Injection site was fine, no issues and this isn't my first rodeo.

Chalked it up to hitting a nerve or connective tissue, kept an eye on it and eventually it went away on it's own. I've had PIP before but that one was particularly crippling for whatever reason.
I also agree.. Had it happen similar once before pinning quads. Mine hurt like hell but passed in a few days.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nope, can't happen.

Reaction score
This makes sense about the tendon because I agree for the oil to travel to the knee is insane. It would literally need to travel down about 10 inches and then pool out of the muscle into my knee. ��

I used 1.6ml of MCT based Test E into the lowest part of the middle band I shoot for. Yes I definitely aspirated, I even aspirate glute shots nevermind quad shots.

All injections before and after have had zero PIP so the gear is gtg and the best ugl ive had thus far. I even did a subq with this stuff and zero PIP or reaction of any kind. Not even a lump at the injection spot so.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've had it happen before, many times in outer quad. It'll swell a little, mild pain/tightness, and it spreads down a few inches from the injection site.

I chalk it up to gravity, not taking the oil down, but rather the fluid that's drawn there by the body's inflammation process.

It's spread close to the knee before, making it tight when flexing/extending the knee joint. Now I just inject it a little higher, still in the middle 1/3rd of the thigh, but closer to the top of that range.

New Threads