Ambien for sleep

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My buddy used it for a few weeks and some weird shit would happen after he fell asleep. Lots of waking up sleep walking around. He fell down his stairs and broke his collar bone and hasnt touched that stuff since. Be careful with that stuff he says.
!S!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
UPDATE :i have been trying it spot sporadically

I don’t agree with the habit forming aspect of it being a reason to not use it. I can’t start my day without a cup of coffee, but I have never heard of a doctor recommending someone stop drinking coffee solely for the reason that having a cup had become a habit. Also, to another member’s point, creating a dependence it to and and not being able to sleep without it....well one is on it because they couldn’t sleep before it either so it’s kind of a wash IMO.

That said, wife did tell me that one night after I took it she woke up and found me rummaging through our dresser. She asked me what I was looking for and I said a mask. When she asked why I told her because I was going to take a shower. She suggested I come back to bed and I did. No recollection of it what so ever. Slept like a baby though and woke up completely refreshed. Have been giving her a heads up when I pop one now.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
UPDATE :i have been trying it spot sporadically

I don’t agree with the habit forming aspect of it being a reason to not use it. I can’t start my day without a cup of coffee, but I have never heard of a doctor recommending someone stop drinking coffee solely for the reason that having a cup had become a habit. Also, to another member’s point, creating a dependence it to and and not being able to sleep without it....well one is on it because they couldn’t sleep before it either so it’s kind of a wash IMO.

That said, wife did tell me that one night after I took it she woke up and found me rummaging through our dresser. She asked me what I was looking for and I said a mask. When she asked why I told her because I was going to take a shower. She suggested I come back to bed and I did. No recollection of it what so ever. Slept like a baby though and woke up completely refreshed. Have been giving her a heads up when I pop one now.

The comparison between coffee (huge health benefits and a buzz) and ambien isn’t valid IMO.

You are a reasonable guy who uses sound logic. Ambein is a powerful hypnotic sedative and to compare it to something like coffee will yield a false assessment based on illigitmate logic.

just my .02.

the internet isn’t full of stories about people doing a bunch of stuff they cannot recall
because they drank some coffee.

have you tried unisom?

Last edited:

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Hgh, melatonin,hot shower,20 min of banging the wife!
Next thing I know it's 5 am!
Repeat !!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with it dk. Like any drug, you need to weigh out the pros and cons.

Dependence or no dependence, you're right, do what's best for you.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
ambien tends to give me a headache the next morning. It's also the only thing that has caused me to wake up with a stack of dirty plates on my bed with no recollection.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
never tried ambien as ive always been a pretty heavy sleeper. well not heavy sleeper bc i wake up up all the time bc i gotta pee and/or hungry. but my father took ambien bc he could never sleep and much like some have said - had to stop bc of the random things he would do. he never got addicted to it tho. he did stop taking it bc was putting himself at danger - literally was jumping on the bed with the fan on right above him cheering like at a baseball game (sucks b/c likely it was me). but for me, Ive always been able to fall asleep pretty easy but once taking HGH (split doses), i sleep more solid than i did. i still sleep same amount and get up the same but i have always felt more rested than i did without it. hgh at night, light snack to settle and out.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The comparison between coffee (huge health benefits and a buzz) and ambien isn’t valid IMO.

You are a reasonable guy who uses sound logic. Ambein is a powerful hypnotic sedative and to compare it to something like coffee will yield a false assessment based on illigitmate logic.

just my .02.

the internet isn’t full of stories about people doing a bunch of stuff they cannot recall
because they drank some coffee.

have you tried unisom?

I get what you are saying, Jin, and didn't mean to imply they are equivalent. Where as I would ask you if you wanted to go out and grab a cup of coffee, I wouldn't suggest we go out and pop a couple of ambien.

The point I was trying to make is that something being habit forming, in and of itself, is not a reason to not use it. To be helpful, that advice needs to be followed by a "which may lead to" statement where it will become a question of risk/reward or an "are you willing to accept the risk for a good night's sleep question"

For the curious who want to go beyond the "it's habit forming" warning.......

Long term-effects according to American Addiction Centers

View attachment 10601

New Threads