Ambien for sleep

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever used ambien? I can’t sleep with a sh$t and can’t remember the last time I slept through the night.

I have tried everything....melatonin, valerian root, Benadryl. Wife even tried f-ing aroma therapy on me.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple shots of tequila always worked for me. I've never tried ambien. Knock on wood I sleep very well but the couple times I haven't I've taken couple shots. Really relaxes me.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple shots of tequila always worked for me. I've never tried ambien. Knock on wood I sleep very well but the couple times I haven't I've taken couple shots. Really relaxes me.

I am a light weight...might just be a half shot for me, but that’s not a bad idea.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've taken ambien in years past and I will say that it does work ... today I take ZZZQuil ... it is NQuil's cold and flu brother for helping for sleeping only ...

Gabriel

Reaction score
That was my night time cocktail..........after surgery,,,Percs and ambies......but I get some Steven King nightmares from it,,not really cool..!! but it will put you dowm..

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Im an expert on this topic.
Something i've been going through for years and just recently found the best combo yet.

I tried ambien 5-6 years ago...left me in mental fog for at least half of the following day so I stopped.

I have slept like sh1t last few years, im talking sleep 3 hours, up 2 hours, sleep, up....and none of the sleep was quality sleep, always tired, etc etc.

Tried melatonin and was up to about 70 grams a night.
Tried zzyquil and it sucked.
Tried theanine, valerian root, etc, worked one or 2 nights then nothing.

About 2 weeks ago started using nyquil (2 shots before bed) this is what puts me to sleep in about 45 minutes
And take 2250 - 3000 mg of GABA, and this is the key...puts me into a deep sleep, REM sleep that I havent had in years. My workouts are much better and so is my energy during the day.

I use the vitamin shoppe brand of GABA, if that helps.

Try this out and let us know, works great for me.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im an expert on this topic.
Something i've been going through for years and just recently found the best combo yet.

I tried ambien 5-6 years ago...left me in mental fog for at least half of the following day so I stopped.

I have slept like sh1t last few years, im talking sleep 3 hours, up 2 hours, sleep, up....and none of the sleep was quality sleep, always tired, etc etc.

Tried melatonin and was up to about 70 grams a night.
Tried zzyquil and it sucked.
Tried theanine, valerian root, etc, worked one or 2 nights then nothing.

About 2 weeks ago started using nyquil (2 shots before bed) this is what puts me to sleep in about 45 minutes
And take 2250 - 3000 mg of GABA, and this is the key...puts me into a deep sleep, REM sleep that I havent had in years. My workouts are much better and so is my energy during the day.

I use the vitamin shoppe brand of GABA, if that helps.

Try this out and let us know, works great for me.

Damn. That sounds exactly like what I am going through. Sleep 2 hours, awake two hours repeat. I will give your cocktail a try. You ever get down to a root cause of it?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Damn. That sounds exactly like what I am going through. Sleep 2 hours, awake two hours repeat. I will give your cocktail a try. You ever get down to a root cause of it?

Yeah I know what it is....my mind never shuts down in general but add Slight anxiety to that when on cycle.
Insomnia runs in my family too.

Good luck bro I hope it works for you too.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I was prescribed it for about 6 months. It worked well. Weird ass dreams, and a slight fog the next day if i never got enough sleep.

Some people have had terrible incidents where they would sleep walk taking ambien from what I remember hearing.

I take 10mg melatonin every night now. Never any issues sleeping anymore.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I have some insomnia related to a closed head injury. Dr have me on trazadone and I sleep well. I felt ambien was just too much for me, had a hard time getting out of bed on it.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
My girl was on them for 5 or 7 years. She would wake up in the night and cook, walk down the road and eat whole bag of oreos and not remember any of it. She had to stop because the "sleep walking" got her and doctor worried.
She takes adivan now. Was funny in a way. She would always accused me or her son for eating them until we recorded her one night.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Why not try some HGH?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don’t want get too big.

Seriously though. That would be the healthiest route IMO and would result in additional benefits rather than side effects like you’d get from the other options.

Just a thought.

Gabriel

Reaction score
JIN might be right on this one.at 2iu's my girl is loving it..

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I use it. Tried everything including the previously mentioned GABA. Nothing worked even close. Got a good 8 years on it. Well I never tried HGH but it's probably off the table because you're never going to get a script for it and if you do, no insurance company is going to pick it up. Would be worth a try if you have the cabbage.

I often wondered if there are going to be any long term effect from using it but then a lack of sleep will probably shorten your life more and you're not going to enjoy the ride up to the end.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seriously though. That would be the healthiest route IMO and would result in additional benefits rather than side effects like you’d get from the other options.

Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing as snake regarding the cost. If cost wasn’t a factor, though, I would definitely give it a try.

New Threads