Ambien for sleep

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been taking ambien for about 5 years now. Just couldn’t sleep. Now I can’t sleep without it. At first I would sleep all the way through the night with it. Now I take it about 9 and will solid till about 2am maybe longer if I have several drinks. I’ve only tried one other RX but I can’t remember the name. I didn’t like it as I would wake up and be disoriented.
Best of luck to you bro. No sleep and being tired sucks

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
I tried ambien for appoximate 1 year & decided that's it, the side effects suck. I experienced tiredness, weakness & drugged out. So, I sought out a behavioral therapist to find out the underline cause of my persistent insomnia. You might want to try Valerian Root, Magnesium or lavender, they work pretty well.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I never tried ambien but i am a pre-bed shot taker like seeker. I take 2 shots about 30 minutes before bed and i sleep good. I find it helps with inflammation too.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Hey .....Wolfgang(still miss that dog).......got any xtra shirts ???? I need one like that for the gym..!!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
GHB, used to put me to bed nicely, lol! Only took ambien once. I took it and didn’t remember anything after that. Woke up in my bed in the morning with wife asking,” what the hell did you take” she said, she dragged me there. Glad it was her and not FD or.... we’ll you know, ouch!!

Rydog

Reaction score
Phenibut is another option for deep sleep but will cause dependence like ambien. I take 25mg mk677 every now and then just to get a good night sleep.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Ambien did not work for me so my doctor upped it to TWO per night, still no dice. Trazadone is the only thing that has ever worked when I start experiencing insomnia. The only downside to Trazadone is Serotonin Syndrome from prolonged use at higher doses.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Ambien gave me the most horrifying realistic dreams ever, I used to wake up in a terrified state thinking an alien or summert had just eaten my leg. Actually checking my leg was still there

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Ambien gave me the most horrifying realistic dreams ever, I used to wake up in a terrified state thinking an alien or summert had just eaten my leg. Actually checking my leg was still there

That was Gibs canoodling you

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Ambien is a no go at my house, the wife was taking that an I guess I didnt realize she was sleeping while having a full on conversation with me...just happened to turn into an argument that went real bad. The entire time me thinking she was awake, next morning she had no idea about any of it...so she said...

Well I didnt believe her because honestly who the hell would, she appeared to be fully engaged in the fight/argument not drowsy, not slurring her words none if that. Next night same thing but worse so I recorded the entire thing on my phone. She was blown away and finally I guess I began to believe she was doing that in an unconscious state of mind.

She had also ordered things on Amazon, told her to get rid of that shit and she has never taken it again.

One thing to note is if your taking any of those drugs take it and get your butt in bed. Because you can fight through stay up but not be up if that makes sense. Ambien is a crazy ass drug that I have never personally taken but be aware it can cause some crazy things to happen...might affect others differently.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Strong Indica or any kind of edible. I sleep 8 hours every night if my six month old doesnt have other plans

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My grandfather used to drink 3 cans of Budweiser and snort an ambien before bed

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My grandfather used to drink 3 cans of Budweiser and snort an ambien before bed

Pretty much this IME.

Ambien is a rec drug.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
One of the guys on a local forum ordered $15k worth of Rogue home gym equipment while taking ambien. He was planning on "slowly" adding to his home gym, not getting everything all at once, lol.

A wife's friend once called us from CVS at 3 AM to go an help her out. She literally drove to CVS in her bath robe and slippers to buy cigarettes, but left her purse at home. That probably was the scariest thing I ever heard, driving on ambien and not even realizing that you drove... When I say called from CVS, she had to use their phone because her cell was in her purse. Till this day that friend only remembers my wife driving her home with me following so I could bring my wife back to our house.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
Hey .....Wolfgang(still miss that dog).......got any xtra shirts ???? I need one like that for the gym..!!
Sure, bro...

Attachments

• d8f1653b631a612d8368e88752c3317e.jpg
    d8f1653b631a612d8368e88752c3317e.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
  • d996ee00f902398ade86688e0cb3dc6b.jpg
    d996ee00f902398ade86688e0cb3dc6b.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 56

Gabriel

Reaction score

Yeah Man.........I had some Wes Craven/Steven King shit going on.................woke up knowing I was going to prison !!

wilkinkc

Reaction score
For about a year now I have been on low dose muscle relaxers to go to sleep easier. My doctor is big on non-habit forming things and he recommended them to me. They have really helped me during the week. I don’t use them on the weekend to try and help keep tolerance down. Unisom/NyQuil/zzzquil should all help as well, all are antihistamines.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
For about a year now I have been on low dose muscle relaxers to go to sleep easier. My doctor is big on non-habit forming things and he recommended them to me. They have really helped me during the week. I don’t use them on the weekend to try and help keep tolerance down. Unisom/NyQuil/zzzquil should all help as well, all are antihistamines.
So your doctor doesn't like anything habit forming but has no problem with taking/scripting a drug every day or at least 5 days a week for an extended period of time? He won't script you a sleep med for sleep but scripted you muscle relaxer for sleep?

I'm happy for ya if you're getting some good sleep but I do question your doctors tactics. I hope you get the service you need from him when there are another issue.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
So your doctor doesn't like anything habit forming but has no problem with taking/scripting a drug every day or at least 5 days a week for an extended period of time? He won't script you a sleep med for sleep but scripted you muscle relaxer for sleep?

I'm happy for ya if you're getting some good sleep but I do question your doctors tactics. I hope you get the service you need from him when there are another issue.

I don’t disagree with you at all. If it’s something I am to take 5-7 days a week that’s pretty much a habit right there regardless if it has addicting aspects or not. I started by taking 1 up until about 5-6 months ago and have moved up to 2 most of the time. But it has worked for me, not saying one is better than the other.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
I use unisom. The one with Doxylamine in it. Usually work pretty well.

Reactions: Jin