new guy

dad

Reaction score
hey guys, im 34 y/o 6'3" 265lb. just started my first cycle of test e (500mg per week) 2 days ago. ive lifted on and off throughout my adulthood, but very consistently the last 3 years. im doing it mainly for the strength boost. i have a mitral valve prolapse i was diagnosed w a few years back and am planning on getting in to a dr. soon to check on it. also have heart pains here and there. my bp is usually around 120/75. also i am taking 75mg of eblocker (centurion labz) per day. ive spent sometime lurking over the last few years but even more so over the last week. any advice appreciated.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yeah bud, that's setting off some red flags. I'd definitely talk to your Dr about this, don't hide your use of testosterone from him/her.

I have no idea if it will cause/worsen any issues that you have/may have, but if it were me, I'd research the shit out of that, and give myself an honest evaluation of my priorities in life.

Welcome to the forum. Make that Dr appointment you were speaking of, sooner rather than later.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome dad, ummmmmmm yeah what CJ said you may want to see your Dr. ASAP! And maybe even just drop that down to TRT dose or strait up quit till you have that visit...think smart dad!!!

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Add an e to dad... this could be your new name, please be safe. Doesn’t sound like the smartest thing to do... congestive heart failure is real. Get life insurance if you don’t already have it.

dad

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i actually ended up going to urgent care to get my chest pain looked at today. I started test 2 nights ago and last night i started getting some pains. i didn't and still don't think its from the test because i had the same thing happen last week and it passed. but i went to be on the safe side. they did ekg, xray, and 6 diff blood tests. ekg and xray were good. my d dimer level was .06 above normal which is basically nothing, but since it was over they did a ct scan to make sure i didn't have a clot. scan came back negative. ended up being there for 7 hours, but I'm relieved that everything is good. I'm going to follow up with a cardiologist soon to get an echo on my heart. also, for those who aren't sure what it is-mitral valve prolapse is not congestive heart failure. it is a very common abnormality where the valve swings open the wrong way and a bit of blood regurgitates the wrong way. most people can live with it without ever even knowing they had it. the only reason i knew was from an echo test i got a few years back. i think the pain im getting has to do with my diet, so im cutting back on fat a bit and also gonna cut out caffeine.

dad

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i actually ended up going to urgent care to get my chest pain looked at today. I started test 2 nights ago and last night i started getting some pains. i didn't and still don't think its from the test because i had the same thing happen last week and it passed. but i went to be on the safe side. they did ekg, xray, and 6 diff blood tests. ekg and xray were good. my d dimer level was .06 above normal which is basically nothing, but since it was over they did a ct scan to make sure i didn't have a clot. scan came back negative. ended up being there for 7 hours, but I'm relieved that everything is good. I'm going to follow up with a cardiologist soon to get an echo on my heart. also, for those who aren't sure what it is-mitral valve prolapse is not congestive heart failure. it is a very common abnormality where the valve swings open the wrong way and a bit of blood regurgitates the wrong way. most people can live with it without ever even knowing they had it. the only reason i knew was from an echo test i got a few years back. i think the pain im getting has to do with my diet, so im cutting back on fat a bit and also gonna cut out caffeine.

dad

Reaction score
sorry for double post, not sure how to delete

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
I highly doubt two day of test has given you heart problems. That’s literally ONE shot. You don’t even get the testosterone off of the ester until it’s cleaved off. Your test is probably not even elevated at this point. I think the pains are unrelated to the test. More likely pre-existing issues exacerbated by exercise, stress, or something you ate. Still relax until everything is figured out, but I realllly don’t think it’s the injections.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
It's your health... so I wont beat a dead horse

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
My wife can eat skinless chicken breast fine. Chicken leg quarters small heart pain. She can eat burgers and fries, and pizza no problem. Too much or wrong kind of fat and could get in trouble. Jealousy of your weight. May have to bring it down though.BP wasn’t crazy, good job! It’s the food. Welcome to the UG plenty great diet advice here!!!:32 (1):

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nobody has ever died from steroids.

It’s usually an underlying condition. Which you have. (Maybe that particular condition is of no consequence?)

Just saying.

Reactions: CJ

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Not saying you’re going to die of CHF, but you’re more likely to develop it given your diagnosis and choosing to use PEDs. Use caution, some anabolics will thicken your blood... keep BP in check, elevated BP over time is bad news, especially for someone with a heart issue.

Reactions: CJ

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
You should go find a good, local general practitioner and work through this with them. They can get you a recommendation for a cardiologist so the real issue can be diagnosed and treated. I would drop to trt and ride this out. I agree with others in regards to being open about your trt use.

New Threads