My Introduction

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm 36 and I have been working out pretty steady for about 4 years. I'm 5'11 about 185lbs. I'm at about 16% body fat, trying to cut. I decided to try my first cycle, but it is not going well. I am joining to learn more and figure out what I'm doing wrong and what I can do better.

Rydog

Reaction score
Welcome, lot's of great info here. Peds aren't necessary to cut from 16 percent.

N_K

Reaction score
Not much experience with peds but welcome to the forum 👍

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah I know I don't need to use anything to cut, but I also feel like I am already pretty small, and I want to try to cut without getting too much smaller. And I do want to get huge at some point.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah I know I don't need to use anything to cut, but I also feel like I am already pretty small, and I want to try to cut without getting too much smaller. And I do want to get huge at some point.

Welcome to The Underground.

How about bulking up instead? :32 (19):

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
What does "not going well" mean? What are you taking? How long have you been on?

N_K

Reaction score

16% for a 36 yr old isn't under or overweight (leans more towards over but still "ideal") so I wouldn't imagine you are too small what's your current workout routine?

Reaction score
16% for a 36 yr old isn't under or overweight (leans more towards over but still "ideal") so I wouldn't imagine you are too small what's your current workout routine?

I'm doing a 6 day push/pull/legs with 4 to 5 days of 30 minute cardio.

Reaction score
What does "not going well" mean? What are you taking? How long have you been on?

4 weeks, no visible results yet. Not sure I'm ready to post what I'm on, but it is a pretty common cut stack. I'm also not 100% sure I have a good source. Also, I'm at a pretty good calorie deficit, and my weight/fat loss are not budging. I have one cheat meal a week. otherwise I stick to my macros 100%

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Welcome Matt, or is it Fred?
How's the diet look tho?
Tracking cals?
In a deficit?
Eating enough protein?
The diet will always be the key factor no matter if your running a cycle or not, gauranteed.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
you posted the answers to my questions at the same time.
cut more calories/add more cardio if your weight isnt budging or your body composition isnt changing.

N_K

Reaction score
I'm doing a 6 day push/pull/legs with 4 to 5 days of 30 minute cardio.

Identical to my split except I do slightly less cardio but I do abs every day.. How do you eat? Maybe you aren't getting enough of something?

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
Without knowing what you're on, it's hard to help with that aspect.

Piggybacking off what Gibs said, if you're not losing weight then you're not in a caloric deficit by definition...

But you're a smart fella and you had your diet dialed in before making the decision to hop on gear. /s

Evidently, no one told you that steroids are not magic. They simply amplify the results you are already getting.

You made a stupid decision but that's ok. It's your body. I hope you have PCT lined up.

Reactions: Jin

GotClen

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to ugbb
cutting weight is simple really once you figure it out
your height and weight 185# is far from too heavy.
i would look at that work out routine and up the weight.
look at the nutrition plan.
all the best
gc

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm 36 and I have been working out pretty steady for about 4 years. I'm 5'11 about 185lbs. I'm at about 16% body fat, trying to cut. I decided to try my first cycle, but it is not going well. I am joining to learn more and figure out what I'm doing wrong and what I can do better.

welcome to ugbb

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome. If you give us more information, about your diet and training, maybe one of us could spot the reason why things aren't going well for you right now. There's always a reason.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
Welcome Matt...if you don't let us what you're taking, then how we can help you to get the most out of your expectation.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome Matt, my 2cents. I’d abandon the cut, lift heavy and put some mass on. More mass = more cals. Burned anyway. Also, IF you are for instance take test , you wouldn’t have really seen any results from it at this point. I wouldn’t worry about posting that info up, people are here to help. Also read through all the stickies , there is a lot of great info for you there, best of luck!!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the SI community ... 4 weeks is not enough time to get a result ... test cyp or enth will take 4 to 6 weeks to even start feeling ... how long are you planning to cycle ... post up your diet ... 95% of your results are there ... no amount of aas will change that fact ...

New Threads