Bad Experience: MyProtein.com

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Aye, Lads.

So I thought I'd check out MyProtein.com after some of the positive feedback here. Picked up a 5Lb bag of their whey isolate.

About me - I've consumed more protein powder over the years than any three people ye know. From the cheap WalMart brands to the high-end stuff. Some have been better than others, but never an experience like this.

1st pass I took just one scoop of the MyProtein whey isolate. Immediately, I noticed bloating and some stomach upset - weird as I usually digest whey very well. I chalked it up to some indigestion on my part, guess it happens - just not usually to me.

A week later (I was traveling in between) I wrapped a chest workout and went back to the MyProtein whey isolate. Just one scoop, roughly 25 grams. This time it really got the better of me. Within 20 mins, I had full-on nausea and sweating, and within an hour I'd emptied me stomach and bowels & had some of the worst stomach knots I've ever experienced. Full-on, grasping the cool side of the Porcelain God in the genuflect position. The whole episode lasted around 2 hours before I got back to good.

I dropped a note to the MyProtein folks, gave 'em the batch number and described my experience in case anyone else might have had these sides.

In return, I got a canned defensive response describing how thorough their testing process is, and telling me how no one else has been sick and asking me fer a doctor's note...

I replied back and said that no, I hadn't gone to a doctor as this episode had come on like food poisoning and had cleared inside of 2 hours & that I was most interested in learning if anyone else who had taken this batch was also experiencing these kind of sides. Same generic response in return - "If you encounter more issues I would recommend getting a doctors note".

I've now got a 5Lb bag of shite that I'll be binning and a p1ssed off attitude towards this place for their cavalier, defensive response. No offer to refund me money, no semblance of real 'customer service' aside from defending their testing. I expected much better fer the premium pricing these donkeys command.

Fook MyProtein.com

- Savage

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Sav,

Similar experience with True Nutrition. I've been using TN for 10+ years, using protein powders since the late 70's. I know me and I know protein powders. Their product is now subpar and my latest order resulted in severe sides. No fever but debilitating gas to the point I was unable to sleep. This is also the 4th time TN has my blend wrong since their 'new PC website' change. Dave quit and Rachel is just.......Rachel.

Back to ON and mixing my own blends with a product I've never had issue with.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Sav,

Similar experience with True Nutrition. I've been using TN for 10+ years, using protein powders since the late 70's. I know me and I know protein powders. Their product is now subpar and my latest order resulted in severe sides. No fever but debilitating gas to the point I was unable to sleep. This is also the 4th time TN has my blend wrong since their 'new PC website' change. Dave quit and Rachel is just.......Rachel.

ON has been me go-to fer the longest time too. I sometimes mix in a bit of the high end tarted-up stuff like this time, but always come back to 'em.

Good on ye for sharing the TN experience - taking them off me list as well.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I am surprised I have bought a shit ton of there stuff over the years and never had a complaint. The worst part about this is the customer service and although I will still use them after this thread I wont ever recommend them to anyone again.
P.S. I also use there Impact whey isolate most days

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am surprised I have bought a shit ton of there stuff over the years and never had a complaint. The worst part about this is the customer service and although I will still use them after this thread I wont ever recommend them to anyone again.
P.S. I also use there Impact whey isolate most days

Spot on, Mate. I'm thinking tis just a bad batch, why I gave 'em the batch number to start with. If they'd have simply said "Hey, Mate - sorry fer that. Its yer 1st go-round with us and let us send ye another batch to try so we can make sure its the product ye can't stomach and not just one bad bundle" I'd have been satisfied.

Asking fer a fookin' doctors note though - really? Made me feel like they thought I was just trying to scam 'em out of free product. Could have been handled much better.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
think they have become too big now to give a **** about there customers. It will come back and bite them on the ass eventually

Spot on, Mate. I'm thinking tis just a bad batch, why I gave 'em the batch number to start with. If they'd have simply said "Hey, Mate - sorry fer that. Its yer 1st go-round with us and let us send ye another batch to try so we can make sure its the product ye can't stomach and not just one bad bundle" I'd have been satisfied.

Asking fer a fookin' doctors note though - really? Made me feel like they thought I was just trying to scam 'em out of free product. Could have been handled much better.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ON is by the far the best..If u can avoid gnc crazy prices on it

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Aye, Lads.

In return, I got a canned defensive response describing how thorough their testing process is, and telling me how no one else has been sick and asking me fer a doctor's note...

Fook MyProtein.com

- Savage

Yeah so they can call a Nancy for going to the Dr. because of a belly ache.

Here, do this: Tell them you had another side effect, it made your PP off. Then send them a picture of your cock.

Fook MyProtein.com

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for post.
I never tried them but never will because of their attitude.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is ON protein ... I've used Syntha6 for past few years from Amazon ... tastes good ... never had a problem ... chocolate peanut-butter flavor is my favorite ... but vanilla and cookies and cream are good too ...

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
What is ON protein ... I've used Syntha6 for past few years from Amazon ... tastes good ... never had a problem ... chocolate peanut-butter flavor is my favorite ... but vanilla and cookies and cream are good too ...

optimum nutrition

dymatize is good also

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dang man, hate that happened..sounds like a serious bad batch. i have been using them, bought a bunch of sample packs a while back when 50% off just to try them and try their flavors and end up buying 2lb or 5lb bags. my garage has like 20 2lb tubs (not all MyProtein - MANSports, RedCon1, Walmart) and several 5lb (MyProtein) and 7lb bags (Sams Club). just figure just go out, grab a flavor, mix and match (2 scoops after lifting)...figure give me a different than choc or vanilla errrday. Anyways, never had any issues so def think its a bad batch but the fact it sounds like you got the generic - sorry, let us know if again b/c no one else. larger company - just send the guy a new bag!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn, man. Sorry to hear. Well, obviously their response sucked. I've personally never used them but maybe you should kinda send them one last note explaining to them that word gets around fast, and how you are spreading that word on all the social media platforms including bodybuilding forums.

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Myprotein. Their powders dont seem to mix well and taste almost off? Could just be me.

Maybe phone them if they have a contact number and try and speak to someone in real time. It's easier to blow someone off over an email than it is in person.

ON is a great brand. Their stuff mixes pretty well, although I tend to blend my shit after mixing it so it's nice and smooth. Tastes nice, good micro and macro nutrients.

PHD is the brand I currently use! Their advanced mass line is good; I've had everything but the vanilla. It mixes great; I put it in a shaker with no filter or ball, shake it and it just evaporates into a smooth liquid. Doesn't taste as good as ON but it tastes nice and the micro and macro nutrients are spot on for it!

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Shit protein kills my stomach. They won’t get any of my business

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Hey Sav,

Damn I had crazy nausea and sweats off of TN. The first and last time I used them about a year ago.

I use my protein currently but now have second thoughts...

New Threads