sacrioliac joint

Reaction score
anyone have experience with your SI joint acting up? 8 years ago i was deadlifting and tried to push out a few extra reps like a fool. went to lift up and felt lightening in my lower back. Dr and Chiro suspected i ruptered a disk. the pain faded eventually so i stopped going to the chiro and started lifting again but couldnt really squat or deadlift. wasnt comfortable unless it was super light weight. well just a week ago it happened again and i could barely walk. A friend of mine said go to the Chiro and mention my si joint. im wondering if my lack of flexibility is causing the stress on my lower back and causing inflammation, ultimately making my lower back feel weak and in pain. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if stretching will ultimately help.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I have dealt with lower ,,mid and neck pain all of my life...........as you get older stuff just breaks...And recently I just had injections in my neck,in Nov.19...........Best advice I can give is to get it checked out properly and do what must be done............been doing a lot of that these last few years and .....Yes it sucks,,by it's necessary..Oh, Yeah ...IF something aggravates it ..stop doing that..!!

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I had a SI injury as a result of missing a heavy dead in a meet. Totally laid me down every time I tried to deadlift after that. Felt like my ass cheek was going to blow off and then a bit of nerve pain down my ass. Ultimately who fixed it was a chiropractor. I am not big on them either kinda like a voodoo dr to me but he fixed the SI injury in like 6 weeks of consistent seeing him. I tried to rehab it on my own for about 6 months and got a trigger point injection and got nowhere with healing it. Try the chiropractor or at least run it through one. They helped me

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Been there. Most SI issues are misdiagnosed as lower back problems, close but not the same thing. I've had my shot up under imaging and it helped, but came back. I have an anterior pelvic tilt, that misalignment coupled with heavy squats has given me some real grief.

The SI is a joint but it has little movement, something like 8° of movement.Seems to do so little but can cause so many problems. Got a question for ya and this is how I nail down if my problem is SI related. When I would squat heavy, like a lot for 5 reps, when I racked the weight, I would get pressure, not pain but pressure on my left hip area. Do you get that? It took a long time to come to a conclusion what it was. It was in my opinion, the weight deloading off the hips. It's hard to explain but it felt more like a stretch.

Here's my recommendation. Avoid movements that ball you up. Deep squats that have you leaning over with a slight rounded lower back will raise holy hell on it. And watch your leg press too. Leg presses that you go so low cause you to rotate your hips and being pinned in that position just makes it worse. Okay that's what not to do.

Now what to do. Work some super-sets for your legs. Leg extensions with reps of 12 and right to Squats that are a little above parallel; this give you time to heal. Stretch every day. My tight hamstrings are no help. Inversion is your friend. You should be hanging like a bat 2x/day and if you do it right, you may even get a few feel-good pops out of it. If you can hang more then 4 min, you're a better man then me.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Appreciate all the feed back. Yesterday I did go to the chiropractor and he did a little voodoo and it definitely helped. I did feel a little pressure. One thing I never do is stretch, I’m stiff as a board. Definitely going to incorporate more stretching. I also re injured my back this time around doing as to grass squats. Felt good and then second set I was stuck at the bottom and in pain. Luckily it was on a hack squat machine and I was able to get out from underneath nicely. Going to continue with the chiropractor. He did x rays and said shouldn’t be a problem. We’ll see I guess. Crazy how immobilizing it was if it’s something minor

New Threads