Funny things you've seen at the gym, Pics or story.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Got two to add to this from today’s workout.

- some chick coming up to me tweaked out of her mind telling me that she shouldn’t have taken A pre work before running on the treadmill. Her final words before she said good bye were , “I am soooooo buzzzzzzzed”. Silver lining.....no corpses were reported being found in the parking garage.

- some d- bag tonight spraying himself head to toe with body spray on the gym floor in between his sets to the extent that I could literally see a cloud of mist where he stood. Silver lining...n/a

Yooo.

How about this fukk just before covid. I appreciate his effort. But bloody hell.. we are doing cardio and I dont wanna smell losen. He was litterally pulling lysol whipes out if his bag and wiping everything down.

Dude. The gym owner has non scent disinfectant. What are you doing!?

Big Mikey

Reaction score
Back in the dark ages before youtube if someone had bad form, it was on some level excusable simply because no one taught them the correct way & some people don't learn well from books. Now that there's about 97 thousand fitness youtube channels, bad form is beyond inexcusable.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yooo.

How about this fukk just before covid. I appreciate his effort. But bloody hell.. we are doing cardio and I dont wanna smell losen. He was litterally pulling lysol whipes out if his bag and wiping everything down.

Dude. The gym owner has non scent disinfectant. What are you doing!?

I get the intent, but seriously if someone is that concerned....stay home...or at the very least pick something that doesn’t remind me of a toilet cleaner!

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Dumbest thing I've seen lately. This assclown was using the squat rack performing standing gm's with 95lbs. In between sets he would talk on his ****ing phone. I walked up and asked how many sets he had left. He replied 3, so I ok, and began performing my dynamic warm-up. After 10 min, he finished and I was ready to train. He began wiping down the bar, the plates, the rack. I interjected and told him if he cared so damn much he could wait till I was done and then wipe everything. What a jackass.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Dumbest thing I've seen lately. This assclown was using the squat rack performing standing gm's with 95lbs. In between sets he would talk on his ****ing phone. I walked up and asked how many sets he had left. He replied 3, so I ok, and began performing my dynamic warm-up. After 10 min, he finished and I was ready to train. He began wiping down the bar, the plates, the rack. I interjected and told him if he cared so damn much he could wait till I was done and then wipe everything. What a jackass.

should've told him he had nice glutes maybe he wouldve cut it to 2 sets :32 (18):

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Back in the dark ages before youtube if someone had bad form, it was on some level excusable simply because no one taught them the correct way & some people don't learn well from books. Now that there's about 97 thousand fitness youtube channels, bad form is beyond inexcusable.
But... What if.. All the watch are the bad form videos?

M.Greger87

Reaction score
No pic, but had a dude say I shouldn't bend my knees on my last 2 reps of barbell shrugs(600lbs) because I'm cheating myself... All the while he is doing squats and only going down 3 inches... LMMFAO!

Reaction score
We've got this guy who has a 1 inch range of motion on every lift he does no matter what muscle he is training. Not exagerating at all. He makes faces like he is really busting his ass too.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
The funniest thing I ever did was when I tried the original Nordictrack cross country ski machine in the 90s. I somehow managed to get my hands and feet out of sync and ended up on the floor. I was embarrassed and LMAO at the same time!

Reactions: CJ

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
It’s meant to be things you have seen but good for you making fun of yourself, you will go far on here dude
The funniest thing I ever did was when I tried the original Nordictrack cross country ski machine in the 90s. I somehow managed to get my hands and feet out of sync and ended up on the floor. I was embarrassed and LMAO at the same time!

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
We've got this guy who has a 1 inch range of motion on every lift he does no matter what muscle he is training. Not exagerating at all. He makes faces like he is really busting his ass too.

We've got a guy that does that. 1" rom as fast as he can on every exercise with a look of agony. He's fairly lean but has a huge pot belly. No muscle at all and he walks with one shoulder hunched up about 3 inches higher than the other one :^ /

Last edited:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
It’s meant to be things you have seen but good for you making fun of yourself, you will go far on here dude

Well in that case, at my gym, a dude who is stronger than me racked up 4 plates on one side of the bar and 3 on the other, and was about to squat when I stopped him. At first he was mad that I interrupted him, but then thanked me for helping him to avoid a potential disaster. The kicker is he said that has happened before and the bar literally flipped off his back...

As for me, I have no problems making fun of myself.

Reaction score
We've got a guy that does that. 1" rom as fast as he can on every exercise with a look of agony. He's fairly lean but has a huge pot belly. No muscle at all and he walks with one shoulder hunched up about 3 inches higher than the other one :^ /

Yeah I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, like I tell myself maybe they have some kind of injury or something. But when you're doing it on every exercise...

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Heard a guy, tell a another guy that doing smith machine shrugs for 2 weeks would make his traps grow 2 inches.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Heard a guy, tell a another guy that doing smith machine shrugs for 2 weeks would make his traps grow 2 inches.

Today is Day #1!!!! :32 (20):

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
this fukkin guy in my gym the other day was ripping farts every squat rep, sick fukk.
oh wait... that was me :32 (18): :32 (17):

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
I once saw this really skinny dude trying to do trap bar shrugs with a weight that was way too heavy for him. Instead of shrugging his shoulders up he just kept bobbing his head up and down. So I ran up to him and started headbanging and playing air guitar. Life is too short, smile a little bit pussy cat.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Couldn't get a pic, it was crowded.

Lady standing on 2 benches, straddling them doing a sumo deadlift/squat hybrid. Problem was at her deepest, the DB she was holding wasn't even at bench level, could've done them from the floor.

People were waiting for benches

Not to mention how ignorant it is that she's putting her dirty fucking feet on the benches. I see young dudes standing on plates as lifts to train calves on and I usually go up to them and remind them that the plates aren't for standing on. One kid started to give me attitude and asked me why, and I was like "Dude do you walk in the fucking bathroom with those shoes on? Have you seen the floor in there?" Lol

New Threads