Funny things you've seen at the gym, Pics or story.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Holy shit!!!! He looks like he is going on an Arctic expedition

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
I think he just returned from his last mission with NASA but forgot to take his space gear off!

I've had a few, but here's the one I think was funniest.

20200125_135606.jpg

This guy kept balancing a 45lb plate on his head, and then slowly squatting down. I can't even caption this one :32 (18):

Gabriel

Reaction score
People will do anything but hard work..!!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Honestly..............seeing the same people year after year after and again.........that look the same,,,,,, NO change whatsoever...............

THAT is exactly what I don't understand!!! Why don't they change SOMETHING!!!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
I think he just returned from his last mission with NASA but forgot to take his space gear off!

I've had a few, but here's the one I think was funniest.

View attachment 9081

This guy kept balancing a 45lb plate on his head, and then slowly squatting down. I can't even caption this one :32 (18):
I think this is ok, he’s getting in a workout and practicing good posture for grooming school. He’s also strong, I only use a 25 lb. plate, lol!!!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I will finally get a pic/video of spiderman just to put it in here, you guys are gonna trip. I have no idea how he hasnt been in a gym****ery post yet.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
The picture is funny. I think he's trying to loose some water from a Dbol cycle. That explain the sweat suite he's wearing and WTF was that guy doing in that video? I'm still trying to figure it out.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everyday I see people doing 1/2 or 3/4 reps ... most of the time its older members ... my gym has the about 1/3 senior citizens ... so at least they are in there doing something .. but when I see a younger person doing 1/2 reps I think what the fvck are you doing .. but I never say anything .. I'm there to workout .. not make friends or critique peoples form ... but seriously it is ridiculous ...

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
One of many vids that I have recorded at the iron brotherhood palace known as Planet Fitness

I have a dude at my gym that thinks hes lifting heavy but thats his range of motion too, and he does it at 10x that speed. Comes up huffing and puffing like hes doing something.
Dude looks the same if not worse than he did 4 years ago, lol.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Some of these are so distracting, how do you get in and go to work with this kind of thing happening??? Thanks for a good laugh!!!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I have another one, wish I could have taken a video of, but it would've been too obvious.

Father and son training, using the sit down Lateral Raise machine. They were doing sort of squat jump lateral raises up over their heads, to the point where the machine would bang off of it's range limitations.

These two were a sight to be seen, looked like swamp people. They looked like the type who'd bite you.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can say I don't really see any of the ridiculousness that was posted above or seen on social media video memes. What I do see, unfortunately, is anxious people wandering around the gym just winging it not really with any direction as to what they are doing, or going. It's too bad because people are really trying to do the right thing. I blame the gym for this, because if they really cared, they would offer some beginners guidance to at least get a person started on a decent path. This, I see all the time.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I can say I don't really see any of the ridiculousness that was posted above or seen on social media video memes. What I do see, unfortunately, is anxious people wandering around the gym just winging it not really with any direction as to what they are doing, or going. It's too bad because people are really trying to do the right thing. I blame the gym for this, because if they really cared, they would offer some beginners guidance to at least get a person started on a decent path. This, I see all the time.

I find myself at Planet Fitness pretty regularly these days because they offer a membership that allows you to go to any location nationwide and I travel weekly.

With that said, they do offer free training there. I am not saying its the best but it is perfect to teach beginners what machines do and how to use them properly. I do see a few members using this benefit but not very many. The bigger problem is that noone wants to ask for help, especially guys. Personally, I think that PF is the perfect model for newbs that have no business in a real gym and offers programs to help them to learn there way around so they can actually benefit from exercise without hurting themselves and being a nuisance to those who do know there way around a gym.

My "real gym" as I call it only offers paid training and most who use the trainers are retirees who frequent the gym in the morning while I am at work...thankfully.

Sorry for the long post. My point is that I think its more of an issue with the individual who knows everything these days cause the internet said so.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I find myself at Planet Fitness pretty regularly these days because they offer a membership that allows you to go to any location nationwide and I travel weekly.

With that said, they do offer free training there. I am not saying its the best but it is perfect to teach beginners what machines do and how to use them properly. I do see a few members using this benefit but not very many. The bigger problem is that noone wants to ask for help, especially guys. Personally, I think that PF is the perfect model for newbs that have no business in a real gym and offers programs to help them to learn there way around so they can actually benefit from exercise without hurting themselves and being a nuisance to those who do know there way around a gym.

My "real gym" as I call it only offers paid training and most who use the trainers are retirees who frequent the gym in the morning while I am at work...thankfully.

Sorry for the long post. My point is that I think its more of an issue with the individual who knows everything these days cause the internet said so.

I do agree with all that you said. Good response. I also totally agree with the Planet Fitness explanation.