Funny things you've seen at the gym, Pics or story.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
theres this guy that for the last couple days I see carrying around a rainbow array of bands.
the most impressive thing I've seen him use them for so far is he'll step on one end and put the other on the bar attached to the cable for tricep push downs.
please tell me what ur doing bro...
and no, he doesnt look like he lifts, at all.
every motherfukker trying to reinvent the wheel before they can even spin it.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I honestly cant stand all the retards seen in gyms nowadays, too many to even discuss. There is one older guy, Asian dude, very old looking scarred up face (may not even be that old but looks it) (maybe even Eskimo looking) who is really retarded. Wears a head-band, a giant mop of gray hair sticks out over the top (I thought it was a hat for the 1st month).

Very skinny, no muscle, soft gut hanging out. Has every piece of expensive support gear (sleeves, wraps, belts, you name it). And dosnt know how to lift at all. When I say his ROM is 1", Im being nice. Barely moves. Standing leg machine, just sort of jerks up/down w/ no leg bending. (More of a body convulsion). Lying tricep ext?? Just move your wrists a tiny bit w/ arms out-stretched. (You get my point).

Best thing is when he walks up to dumbbell rack, spends 10 mins getting his wraps around the dumbbell handles (using the 25's) for a few "sets" of dbell press. (Wrist flexions).
Very odd retard...

German89

Elite
Reaction score
i honestly cant stand all the retards seen in gyms nowadays, too many to even discuss. There is one older guy, asian dude, very old looking scarred up face (may not even be that old but looks it) (maybe even eskimo looking) who is really retarded. Wears a head-band, a giant mop of gray hair sticks out over the top (i thought it was a hat for the 1st month).

Very skinny, no muscle, soft gut hanging out. Has every piece of expensive support gear (sleeves, wraps, belts, you name it). And dosnt know how to lift at all. When i say his rom is 1", im being nice. Barely moves. Standing leg machine, just sort of jerks up/down w/ no leg bending. (more of a body convulsion). Lying tricep ext?? Just move your wrists a tiny bit w/ arms out-stretched. (you get my point).

Best thing is when he walks up to dumbbell rack, spends 10 mins getting his wraps around the dumbbell handles (using the 25's) for a few "sets" of dbell press. (wrist flexions).
Very odd retard...

lmfao very odd retard

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
20200221_165410.jpg

Dips on a Lat Pulldown machine. The dip machine was 2 machines to his right, unoccupied. :32 (6):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!!!

He's on the dip machine now! :32 (18)::32 (18):

Must be SHOCKING the muscles. :32 (20):

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
look at his face LOL My man is very serious about them dips

Reactions: CJ

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People find the stupidest ways to use the machines. Saw on guy doing bicep curls on the leg curl machine once. Could he had made a simple bicep curl any more awkward and overly complex? Nope.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Guy on the cables, it's at the highest setting, he's lying down flat on the floor doing bicep curls.

He could have just down them standing, with the cable at shoulder height, for the exact same line of pull and joint angle.

Guess he wanted a dirty shirt.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Guy on the cables, it's at the highest setting, he's lying down flat on the floor doing bicep curls.

He could have just down them standing, with the cable at shoulder height, for the exact same line of pull and joint angle.

Guess he wanted a dirty shirt.

Whatru? Some sorta geometrist?

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I like to do skull crushers on the preacher curl...
Just get in front of the machine lift up the bar, Stick your head on the pad and go to work.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Something that troubles me that I wish didn't. There is a lady at my gym who is a trainer. She is overweight, she is fat, she probably would be classified as obese. Look, I don't fat shame people. Ever! But in this case this woman is training others in what's supposed to be a health and fitness program. She looks like neither. I dont know her history, I don't know what issues she might be having. But imo, she shouldn't be working as a personal trainer in a gym teaching others how to be fit when she herself is far from being fit. She's fuking obese! And she wears yoga pants. Ugh

Last edited:
Reaction score
Something that troubles me that I wish didn't. There is a lady at my gym who is a trainer. She is overweight, she is fat, she probably would be classified as obese. Look, I don't fat shame people. Ever! But in this case this woman is training others in what's supposed to be a health and fitness program. She looks like neither. I dont know her history, I don't know what issues she might be having. But imo, she shouldn't be working as a personal trainer in a gym teaching others how to be fit when she herself is far from being fit. She's fuking obese! And she wears yoga pants. Ugh

I’ve seen that at my local ymcas where I live and I always think the same thing. The only thing I could think is maybe the were like way heavier than they are now and they are still on a weight loss journey but they want to try and help others with what they have learned so far.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I had a fat woman gym teacher in school, never understood that either.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Long time back and it’s probably a lot stricter now, but I worked out at a gym where the hiring was for trainers was just about as strict as hiring for a grocery cashier. You available x hours? You ok with minimum wage? Any felonies? Hired. Every client was on a cookie cutter program so all the trainer had to do was show them the machine and count reps.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Just watched a guy walk in with someone else without a key fab, do 1 set of light back rows , go outside get in a waiting car and leave... He was here less than 2 minutes.

Last edited:

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Just watched a guy walk in with someone else without a key fab, do 1 set of light back rows , go outside get in a waiting car and leave... He was here less than 2 minutes.

Stopped at the gym so he was 'at the gym' in case his wife or gf checked but went somewhere else he's not supposed to be going to...

New Threads