Injection Site Swelling

Reaction score
Glute injection.

14 week cycle, got 3 weeks left.

This is the first time this has happened.

Sterilized the vial, sterilized the needle and only use needles once, sterilized the injection site.

Its swollen. Not very painful, just a lump inside, id say smaller than a golf ball.

No discharge, no discoloration of the skin, no flu like symptoms. Feeling really good actually.

Did I just miss the muscle and go into fat? Its been like 4 days of it.

Advice?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Almost impossible to tell you for sure without seeing it.

I can tell you that it happens from time to time.

Maybe you didn't inject deep enough. Maybe you hit a nerve or a vain. Any time I have had an injection sight swollen, I added heat and it gradually made it feel better.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score

Maybe you didn't inject deep enough. Maybe you hit a nerve or a vain. Any time I have had an injection sight swollen, I added heat and it gradually made it feel better.

Basically all you can do.

mabdelrasoul

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Has happened to me before, could be some muscle tear from the needle, or injecting in a spot that haven’t really healed. I would take some Tylenol for the swelling shower with some hot water, massage the area a bit, stay clear of that injection site till the lump has gone away and get some rest! Best of luck

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No need to worry. You know the signs of infection and they aren’t there

Reaction score
This has happened to me before. One week out of random and then the next week everything was fine. Sometimes we have injections that don't agree with us. Rotate to a new site and let that area chill.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score

Your just trying to get him too send an ass pic.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
could be so many different things, most of them have already been mentioned. unless its inflamed, red, hot, paint, puss, etc.... its likely an inflamed muscle - could be moving it too much, hit a vein, hit a nerve. happens all the time - which is why i wont do quads...happens every time.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
A little hot/wet compress and a little time - you’ll be all set.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like others said, if it was infection it would be discolored. It would also feel like a knot that got MORE painful if you stretched it or massaged it. If you had missed the muscles you would have a painless lump.

I get that pain sometimes in my glute cause I am inflexible as heck and sometimes move the needle too much. Keep an eye on it, but don’t panic. It’s happened to us all.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
When this happens, which I've experienced a few times, apply heat,or take a hot shower, letting run on the site tht is swollen

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. It would be a safe bet that everyone who does IM injections has had a lump at one time or another regardless of where you inject.

New Threads