Tinbeater Shows Us how to train.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Brutal leg day last night. Warmed up with leg extensions and ham curls, then Squats, hack squats, leg press, pendulum squats, and then more leg extensions. Pretty sure that is the most I have ever punished my legs, I'm determined to make the bastards grow. I am not a sweater, even during cardio I don't sweat much, I was soaked when I left. Got home had a shake and went straight to the hot tub. Not too horrible today. I went in early this morning to do cardio and abs and didn't feel too bad just walking on the treadmill. It probably wasn't even really cardio, just wanted to get the blood moving.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Last night was chest and tris, and according to how I feel this morning, a lot of shoulders too. It was a good training session. Warmed up w machine flies. My everyday gym only has up to 100lb dumbbells and I've got to where I can do a couple sets of 8-10 reps with them on incline bench which was a goal for a long time. I had some college kid walk into "my space" on my second heavy set around rep 4, that was a mental mind f*ck trying to keep going after that. Then did 3 sets of dumbbell fly/presses. Hammer strength bench, love the way the handles come together on this, I can get a great contraction. Finished chest w cable flies, 2 sets high, 2 sets low, 2 sets in the middle. Did a ridiculous amount of cable extensions, high volume, low weight. Moved on to close grip bench, then standing barbell overhead tri extensions. Came home, had my shake, hit the hot tub, ate my chicken and rice, then bed. Just an observation but it seems like there has been an influx of attractive women at my gym lately, it helps the one more set mentality. This morning was 20 minutes walking on the treadmill and calves. Other than that today is a rest/recovery day. Hope everyone has a great day.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I had some college kid walk into "my space" on my second heavy set around rep 4, that was a mental mind f*ck trying to keep going after that.

My gym has become over run with college kids lately too in there nut hugger short and sebagos with stringers. Fukking brats

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
My gym has become over run with college kids lately too in there nut hugger short and sebagos with stringers. Fukking brats

I had to google Sebagos. We just called them boat shoes. What is up with people wearing them to the gym??? Weird.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Just swap the button down for a stringer and this is them

frat-e1574890036770.jpeg

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Thursday was a rest day other than a little cardio in the morning. Today I did my morning cardio before work. Took off a half day so got in the gym early. Good back and bi day. Rack pulled 425 from the lowest pin, pretty sure that is a PR for me. Filmed it w my phone, form was definitely iffy so have to work on that. Backed off the weight and got some good reps in. Pullups, lots of rows, seated cable, high hammer strength, low hammer strength, and then smith machine shrugs, low weight high volume. EZ curls, hammer curls, cable curls. I was a sweaty mess but felt really good. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Saturday was shoulder day. Had a buddy go w me. We hit it hard, having a partner always seems to help, although my friends are pretty unreliable when it comes to actually showing up everyday. Sunday was a rest day, worked on the house, got some firewood, etc. Monday was leg day. I definitely have chicken legs but I am determined to get them to grow. I punished them again. High volume low weight day. Warmed up w light leg ext and ham curls. Then 5x15 squats, 6-7x20 leg presses, 4x12 dumbbell stiff leg deadlift, 4x20 leg curls, 4x20 leg extensions. Kicked my ass, went home had a shake, and took a nap. Not as sore today as I thought I would be so that's good. This morning was cardio and abs. Tonight is chest. Hope everyone had a great holiday.leg.jpg

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Last night was chest and tris. Did a couple warm up sets on the plate loaded press and then on to dumbbell bench. Tweaked something in my shoulder on my first heavy set but nothing serious and was able to push through and have a really good workout. Next was hammer strength bench. I like to sit at an angle and do each side individually, really helps me w the mind muscle connection. From there it was pec deck, and then incline hammer strength presses. Finished chest w cable flies, 2 high, 2 mid, 2 low. For tris we did skull crushers super set w close grip bench. The gym was busy so we jumped on an overhead tri extension machine I don't think I've ever used. I actually really liked it. We burned out on the cable machine w a mix of tri extensions, one arm and two arm, and pushdowns.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Wednesday was a rest day. Got a massage after work, that always kicks my ass. Went home ate and went to bed. Thursday was back and bis. Small tweak in my left hamstring so no heavy rack pulls or deadlifts. 4 sets of pullups, Cable pulldowns, chest supported rows, machine pullovers, smith machine shrugs. Barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls w the rope, dumbbell hammer curls, then one more set of cable curls with a bar. I saw something pretty impressive while I was there. Really pretty girl on the leg press with 4 plates on each side and she got stuck, a couple guys ran over to help but by then it was all the way down and she was wiggling out. They help her push it back up. She throws on another 25 on each side and went for another set.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
... I saw something pretty impressive while I was there. Really pretty girl on the leg press with 4 plates on each side and she got stuck, a couple guys ran over to help but by then it was all the way down and she was wiggling out. They help her push it back up. She throws on another 25 on each side and went for another set.

Hahah badass. Sounds like a good workout man.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Friday was shoulder day. I've been on a run of great workouts. Totally off everything but my TRT dose and feel really good in general. Pretty standard shoulder workout, dont remember exactly what I did but lots of lateral raises and presses. I did get a set of 8 shoulder presses with the 85 pound dumbbells which is really good for me. There was a couple high school kids in there lifting (good kids) so I asked them to hand me the weights up high so I didn't have to flip them. The one poor kid couldn't get it high enough, he went and got his older brother. It was pretty funny. Saturday was supposed to be a rest day but a guy I know was having an open gym/ gym party/ lifting push pull meet/ strongman demonstration so me and buddy went up there and did cardio, abs, calves, and just kind of messed around. Never been to a gym w a DJ but it was fun. Sunday didn't feel 100% and of course it was leg day. Ended up having a good training session, my left hamstring is still not 100% but I wrapped it and it was good enough. Warmed up w extensions and curls, then a ton of hack squats, pyramid up and down, pendulum squats, abductors and adductors, curls, and extensions. Then I went to 5 guys and did that Regan Grimes cheat meal. It was awesome! Then I went home and slept for an hour. This morning was just cardio. I'll be back for chest and tris tonight. I hate when chest falls on Monday but oh well. Hope everyone has a great week!

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Last night was chest and a little tricep work. Nothing extraordinary. The gym was busy as usual for a Monday. Started on hammer strength bench, dumbbell flies superset w dumbbells together press, incline hammer strength, pec deck, machine dips, and then cable flies. Triceps felt like they were already pumped pretty good so did a couple sets of skullcrushers, and some tri extensions. Looking for opinions here: my calves refuse to grow. Been going in the morning and doing my cardio and then either calves or abs. Typically for calves I do about 8 sets in the 16-20 range. Talking to a PT buddy he says try 4 sets heavy AF in the 5-7. He said give that 8 weeks and see what happens. Not really conventional wisdom but what I'm doing isn't working. Thoughts?IMG_20200914_193517_117.jpg

Reaction score
A few times a week maybe try adding in a few minutes of jump rope. Mine are not big, but they are as strong as anybody that goes to my gym and I think the jump rope is a big reason why.

Your buddy's advice sounds better for size though.

Triceps are looking pumped dude.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Maybe try upping the frequency you train calfs. You could do a few sets to start every workout, give them full attention.

Get a full stretch and full contraction, with a pause at each. The Achille's stores a lot of elastic energy, but you want the muscles to do the work. We get thousands of reps everyday in the middle of the ROM by walking, but we're almost never fully stretched or fully contracted.

Last edited:

New Threads