Pinning into the quads

Redemption79

Reaction score
I stick to quads and VG. I've actually never pinned my delts...I've considered it many times, but seem to have some sort of mental block. Every now and then I hit a nerve in my quad, and (rarely) I'll have PIP for as long as 4-5 days. I can't imagine dealing with that in my arm.

VG is typically issue-free for me; not a lot of nerves there...just more uncomfortable in regard to seeing it and finding the right spot.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
I e only had one bad pin in my quads, and it was the very first one. Pip was horrendous. now, it's one of the smoothest sites that I choose.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Not a fan of pinning the quads. Glutes, lats and delts are my preferred locations

Reaction score
You use the glutes with insulin pins??? Whats your bf percentage???

Reaction score
Ever since I switched to 28g 1/2 " I no longer get PIP. I rotate my delts and pecs with zero issues. Also my estrogen sides are no longer an issue even though I only take 0.25mg Anastrozole e3.5d. I usually hold water like crazy and get mild mood swings but since using daily IM injections those issues are gone.

I used to need 0.5mg e3d of Anastrozole and still had estrogen sides if my test was over 500mg ew but this cycle im at 675mg ew and although my mid cycle labs have not come back yet I know im not high because I know my body and how it reacts to estrogens.

Last time I used such low AI doses I ended up waking up one day with sore swollen nipples which I then blasted letrozole at 2mg for the first 3 days and then 1mg eod for two weeks just to be sure I would not have any breast tissue develop. I got labs done and they came back with estrogen still high after those first three doses of letro but after two weeks my estrogen was close to zero and I could feel it for sure.

I think with daily shots ill never have those issues again plus I actually look forward to my shots now instead of dredding them every 3.5 days!!!!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DK have you ever tried VG's ... so much easier to reach than glute ... unless someone else is doing the injection ...

Tried it last week. Don’t know what I screwed up, but hands down the worst pip on my life. About 95% back to normal at the injection site, but now gotta get my ankles and knees back to a good place after limping around all week. Couldn’t fully extend my leg worth a damn and paid the price.

Glad I tried it, but won’t try it again. Went back to quads this week. Never had any pip there worse than a Charlie horse. VG felt like a sledge hammer.

GSgator

Reaction score
I use to always hit a nerve when hitting the quads. Since going from a 25 to a 27 I haven’t hit a bad spot yet the only shitty part is it takes a little longer with the 27

Reaction score
I go off what Dave palumbo recommends and that is to avoid quad injections. He states that there are way too many small blood vessels in the quad area