Feel like my biceps are not growing as much as I think they should be any tips?

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
IMO people may struggle with bicep growth because it’s a relatively weak muscle, therefore it’s harder to progressively overload with weight as we often use dumbbells for biceps and the jumps in weight for dumbbells are too much for increasing weight as quickly as you might with muscles that move a lot more weight. Hope this makes sense, hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes.

so lately Here is what I’m having success with, pick 2-3 exercises that you feel really well. For me I only do 2, 1 arm dumbell preacher curl and high incline dumbell hammer curls. For each exercise, pick a weight you can do 4 sets of 10 with, if you complete all 4 sets of 10 reps with a given weight, do 4 sets of 11 next session, once all 3 sets of 11, do 4 sets of 12, and so on until you can complete 4 sets of 15 with a given weight. Once you do 4 sets of 15, increase the weight starting with 4 sets of 10 again.

make sure form and tempo is the same session to session, as you are able to do more reps and get stronger, your bicep will be forced to grow.

hope that post makes sense. I generally try to keep workouts as simple as possible. if You are doing more reps or more weight session to session, you grow. once you complicate things, it’s harder to be consistent and track progress.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Will try that out... since the post been doing slow negatives that really boosted it up for me

Mik

Reaction score
What helped grow my biceps man was the movement and the ending position of my rep. I always focused on the negatives not super slow but a nice controlled movement down and focused on that squeeze coming back up and at the top of the repetition slightly twist my inside hand outward which really tighten everything up. That would be for dumbbells and Ofcourse keeping the same concept with barbells Ez bars and cables you can always do a down set so go slightly heavy hit as many as you can till you absolutely can’t drop weight slightly and push as hard as possible. Also just play with your hand positions and really focus on the mind muscle connection the more you play around with your positioning the more you’ll start to figure out what position gives you the desired feeling you’re looking for. Lastly don’t base growth or progress from soreness you don’t have to be sore to grow man. That’s my two sense goodluck !!

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Start pinning your biceps and tricepS, worked for me

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Start pinning your biceps and tricepS, worked for me

1000% pass on that. I’m scared to do the shoulder even mostly cheeks and an occasional thigh if my wife is not available to help.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Keep experimenting with different exercises as well. My money exercises are spider curls, brach curls (WIDTH!), and incline bench curls (favorite). Incline bench curls buuuuuuurn so good.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
IMO people may struggle with bicep growth because it’s a relatively weak muscle, therefore it’s harder to progressively overload with weight as we often use dumbbells for biceps and the jumps in weight for dumbbells are too much for increasing weight as quickly as you might with muscles that move a lot more weight. Hope this makes sense, hard to put my thoughts into words sometimes.

so lately Here is what I’m having success with, pick 2-3 exercises that you feel really well. For me I only do 2, 1 arm dumbell preacher curl and high incline dumbell hammer curls. For each exercise, pick a weight you can do 4 sets of 10 with, if you complete all 4 sets of 10 reps with a given weight, do 4 sets of 11 next session, once all 3 sets of 11, do 4 sets of 12, and so on until you can complete 4 sets of 15 with a given weight. Once you do 4 sets of 15, increase the weight starting with 4 sets of 10 again.

make sure form and tempo is the same session to session, as you are able to do more reps and get stronger, your bicep will be forced to grow.

hope that post makes sense. I generally try to keep workouts as simple as possible. if You are doing more reps or more weight session to session, you grow. once you complicate things, it’s harder to be consistent and track progress.

that makes sense about the jump in weight
also I did something similar to your method
but for pyramids, basically for example if I was doing 12,10,8,8 or whatever ...the weight I did for 8-10 reps with the week before I’d aim to do it my first set for 12 reps and also try and add more weight than I did the week before to each set But I think I like your way better
end of day same shit, progressive overload

New Threads