Feel like my biceps are not growing as much as I think they should be any tips?

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Feel like my biceps are not growing as much as I think they should be any tips?

Can't get them sore cant get them to blow up as much as I want. Feels like every muscle around them is growing and building just cant get them to do the same. Any suggestions? Work out tips, anything?

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
What's your training like with the biceps? Also, supposed to do more work for the triceps instead as it makes up a bigger portion of your arms.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Some body parts on people are just difficult to grow...............Have you tried 10 sets of 10.?? An old but effective way to push thru....You find a lighter weight that you can do ten sets with.....the last few sets can be a challenge...I use it with bench,but any exercise can be used............You do 100 reps of curls and you don't feel it,,I'd be shocked...just a thought..

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
2 times a week isolated all different shit hitting from every angle concentrating on all parts of it and my triceps are growing all the time just feel like the bicep is not where its suppose to be at this point already.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Some body parts on people are just difficult to grow...............Have you tried 10 sets of 10.?? An old but effective way to push thru....You find a lighter weight that you can do ten sets with.....the last few sets can be a challenge...I use it with bench,but any exercise can be used............You do 100 reps of curls and you don't feel it,,I'd be shocked...just a thought..

So just do 10 sets of 10 same work out and thats all? short rest?

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Some people with smaller biceps genetics have hit them twice a day out of two days a week and experienced growth. Experiment with that.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
2 times a day? barely got time to go to the gym once a day.

Some people with smaller biceps genetics have hit them twice a day out of two days a week and experienced growth. Experiment with that.

Reactions: Jin

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
2 times a day? barely got time to go to the gym once a day.

Other advice would be to focus on more compound movements with the barbell and dumbbells, focus on stretching and contracting using the mind-muscle connection. Do no more than 12 total sets and be patient but put intense effort in those 12 sets. Measure your arms today and then in 8 weeks after doing the workouts.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
If your using various grips and ranges of motion already... change up the rep ranges. You might need to go lighter and focus on squeezing. Or maybe a little heavier if light is what your already doing. Also try using fat grips for a period of time. Great for forearms of course but definitely pumps up the bis as well.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Fat grips?

if your using various grips and ranges of motion already... Change up the rep ranges. You might need to go lighter and focus on squeezing. Or maybe a little heavier if light is what your already doing. Also try using fat grips for a period of time. Great for forearms of course but definitely pumps up the bis as well.

Gabriel

Reaction score
If it were me I'd do barbell curls,10 of 10 and next WO,say preacher curls..10x10....and see what happens...which up the exercise,but stay with 10 for 10...just give it a try ....An old man's .02

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Which exercise(s) do you really feel like you're getting good, quality contractions while doing?

I'd stick to those exercises, using a weight that feels the best, whatever the reps are, they are. Although I wouldn't go heavy, elbow tendinitis is common.

You'll get plenty of stimulation with heavy loads doing pulling exercises for the back. Bicep isolation exercises should be about the feeling, don't worry about the weights. Close your eyes if you have to, imagine yourself flexing the bicep.

ripper

Reaction score
Mine seem to only respond to hammer curls. Try varying your grip and weight/rep range to see if there is a sweet spot that works for you.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I can tell you that if you aren't sore after you bicep workout, that is likely why you aren't experiencing growth. Like mentioned above, try switching up your rep ranges. That is a good place to start.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First of all ... how old are you ... how long have been working out ... hard to answer questions without knowing more ... also how many hours of sleep do get per night ... and what kind of work do you do ... how many calories are you consuming daily ... all of these thing could impact you results?

Also do you have other body parts that are responding well to training?

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
What works for me is running the rack. Going to failure. Straight bar, hammers, easy curl. And arm day gets it's own day by itself

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Dealt with tendinitis for like 6 months from trying to go heavy i get them pumped they feel good then never sore i don't get it. But then dont i have to do the different exercises to hit the dif bicep parts?

which exercise(s) do you really feel like you're getting good, quality contractions while doing?

I'd stick to those exercises, using a weight that feels the best, whatever the reps are, they are. Although i wouldn't go heavy, elbow tendinitis is common.

You'll get plenty of stimulation with heavy loads doing pulling exercises for the back. Bicep isolation exercises should be about the feeling, don't worry about the weights. Close your eyes if you have to, imagine yourself flexing the bicep.

New Threads