18, New Here!

Reaction score
I'm 18 years old, 5'8, 195lbs at about 23% bf.

I've been obsessed with strength and muscle my entire life, I was obese during childhood and then became anorexic as a result of trying to support myself and lose weight on my own at 12 years old. All 70lbs of it.
It's been a long long journey, to make a long story short. But my goal the whole time, through all the bullsh!t, is to be big and strong- and I'm done messing around with worrying what other people think. I've been lifting weights for years you could say, but of course I didn't start out knowing exactly what to do.
I've never done a TRUE gear cycle, I've "tried" it (I didn't exactly have it planned out realistically as you can imagine) twice. But, the source was my friends friend's FRIEND- I'm not gonna mess around with that. I like stability of SOME sort. As of now, I learned I need to take it slow and really wait for the right source, not settling for something that's too good to be true just because I'm desperate and wasting hundreds more dollars.

Newly, I started doing a Push- Pull- Legs split, looking like this:

M: Push
T: Pull
W: Legs & Abs
TH: Push
F: Pull
S: Legs & Abs
SU: Rest

I do this with a 3-4x6 rep scheme, and before each workout I sprint 12mph for 30 seconds.
Sometimes after the workout I'll practice my 40-yard dash.

My diet? Not perfect by any means, it's basically anything but cake, candy, chips and soda.
And I make sure I get in eggs, vegetables, fruit, lean meat, and a multi-vitamin twice a day.

I'm not looking to be shredded, my goal is to have a "Bear-Mode" look if you will, don't know how else to word it. I prefer strength over looks, but looks DO matter.

If you took the time out of your day to read this, I very much appreciate it. Thank you! -Leo :)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the group Leo.

Lots of good, smart, experienced people here to help you reach your goals.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Welcome Leo nice introduction, I do similar splits but I do pull/push/legs/day off repeat that way I always have a day off between my back and leg days

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Leo .. welcome to the community .. and good for you not wanting to jump into gear (again) right away .. there is so much you can do by eating for muscle gain .. and just putting in the effort at your age to get a HUGE result ... looking forward to hearing about your process over the next weeks and months ....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board

Rydog

Reaction score
Glad you're hear. Lots of great info on training a diet here.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Keep pounding food. At 18 you are a natural machine right now. Make eating a hobby. Loft smart and heavy and often. You seem to have a good starting point. It's great you are doing legs. Seems to be a dying art In the gym.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
work out hard and eat.

read here, stuff going back 5-7yrs.....All still good content and answers that could benefit you

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Nice introduction. It looks like you have a nice workout plan so far. Get your diet dialed in and at your age you can make some solid gains for the next few years.

Welcome

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
based on the amount of rest days you have, there is no way you are working out hard enough or you are just running yourself straight into the ground and probably having shit workouts the last couple days of the rotation, yes even at 18 when recovery is sky high. I personally have to do a day off before and after leg day when I do ppl, not saying that's what you will need but remember you grow when outside of the gym when you are resting. Most top level guys I've seen workout 2 days on 1 day off when trying to put on size because they know recovery is of the utmost importance. yes its fun to go to the gym and im a meathead too and would love to be in the gym every day, but your sessions will be alot better and results will be much better if you add another rest day or 2.

also, id quit the sprints pre workout, you are just burning up glycogen stores that you need to push heavy weights, if you want to do sprints, save it for post workout.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome Leo, lots of good information on this site, thanks for your detailed interduction!

Reaction score
Rest is also about quality too, depth of rest not just days. we can speed up recovery witlh quality rest in a shorter period of time.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Rest is also about quality too, depth of rest not just days. we can speed up recovery witlh quality rest in a shorter period of time.

Yes. I put myself into a medically induced coma for 32 hours after legs.

Next stop: suspended animation.