Would my cycle be safe and ok?

Reaction score
Im about to start my first cycle ever, anavar only, 20mg per day for 4 weeks and than 30mg for 2 weeks, after that 30 days of nolvadex 20mg per day. Sounds okay?

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run it. If you want to get ahead of the game spend the next 5 or 10 days in the search tab. Learn some stuff before you jump into something you could regret.

Also tell us about yourself. Goals, age, size, anything really. It will help people give you solid advice.

Reaction score
Im 80kg, 8-10% fat, 20y old(I know its stupid, but I want to do a cycle right now), anavar is my choice beacuse im building a lean body and I've been instructed anavar is one of the "mild" steroids. Goals? None in particular, I feel great entering being and leaving the gym.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Im 80kg, 8-10% fat, 20y old(I know its stupid, but I want to do a cycle right now), anavar is my choice beacuse im building a lean body and I've been instructed anavar is one of the "mild" steroids. Goals? None in particular, I feel great entering being and leaving the gym.

Most people here would suggest you use test as a base for any cycle. And run it at a minimum of 15 weeks.

Reaction score
I get that, but I have my hands on anavar rn, and orals are the only kind I would be willing to take, I dont think what Im about to do is perfect, I was just wondering if it would be safe and get me some results. Thank you.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No, terrible first cycle, unless you're a female.

If you're a male, anavar is an exogenous hormone, and can (probably will) shut down your body's natural testosterone production to some degree. So you'll be a male with low testosterone for 6 weeks plus however long it takes your body to recover, if it ever does fully.

Your cycle is med/high risk with very low rewards.

And you state that you have no goals. Just wait.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What would you recommend to keep my test production in some level of normal during the cycle? Exepct the obvious injectables. What about doing nolvadex even on the cycle not only as pct? I have no clue thats why im asking.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What would you recommend to keep my test production in some level of normal during the cycle? Exepct the obvious injectables.

You can't.

Your body has feedback loops, and when it senses high levels of androgens(steroids you're taking) it stops producing it's own.

That's why every cycle you do is a gamble of some sort, hoping that you're body will recover.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You're 20 years old.

Why take the risk, especially when you don't even have any goal??????

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Most people here would suggest you use test as a base for any cycle. And run it at a minimum of 15 weeks.

Minimum of 15 weeks!?!?!!?

Whoa. I would never suggest that. That's just me though.

It's not unheard of to run a var cycle only.. I guess a lot of guys do it around my area. I personally would say, run test with it. .. unless you're a women. And I see cj said that already too.

Reaction score
Well I just feel really great going to gym, and I want to enhance my gains and lifts faster and better, and I would like to test some steroids, I might be retarded, but I will for sure use that anavar, Im just looking for any help on how to, I have read that people use 50/80/100mg per day so I thought okey 20 for 4 weeks and 30 for 2 wont be that harsh on the body. Plus I have PCT ready.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Minimum of 15 weeks!?!?!!?

Whoa. I would never suggest that. That's just me though.

It's not unheard of to run a var cycle only.. I guess a lot of guys do it around my area. I personally would say, run test with it. .. unless you're a women. And I see cj said that already too.

You just told him what he wanted to hear, IT'S A GO!!!! :32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18):

German89

Elite
Reaction score
You just told him what he wanted to hear, IT'S A GO!!!! :32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18):

Isnt that what men want?

I'm just saying.... it's common around here. I dont know why. But a lot of guys run var only. And they keep nothing. And feel like shit after but. Whatever. Gains > hoes. Right?

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score

What would be the risks of taking such a low dose of var anyways, even with a proper PCT? Yea u said it could shut me down, but that low of doses probably wouldnt and its only 6 weeks, yes my test production would drop, but thats why PCT is here, right? I probably sound stupid but I have no experience hence all those questions.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You'll get no gains from your cycle.

You'll probably shut down your body's own system to some degree.

You'll probably feel like shit on it, and afterwards.

PCT doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't always work. Sometimes you don't recover fully, sometimes you don't at all.

Lots of risk, no reward.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I just feel really great going to gym, and I want to enhance my gains and lifts faster and better, and I would like to test some steroids, I might be retarded, but I will for sure use that anavar, Im just looking for any help on how to, I have read that people use 50/80/100mg per day so I thought okey 20 for 4 weeks and 30 for 2 wont be that harsh on the body. Plus I have PCT ready.

Nolva only is not a proper pct. Var only for a man is not a good idea. Will you drop dead? no, Will your dick stop working maybe, will your balls shrink probably, will you have very low test until your body recovers, yes.

"so, you're sayin I wont' die?" :32 (18):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I thought the same stupid shit as you when I first thought about this stuff. I got roasted HARD on another board. You're not the first to think this, you won't be the last.

Oh, I decided NOT to do the anavar only cycle. Glad I didn't.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Well Surname, it’s not what you want to hear and I know the good people are already saying it, but you’re to young. I’m on TRT and your test level is probably still higher than mine. I’d kill to have the test level of a 20 yr. old. Just train and eat for now and continue to learn . Then and only then, you’ll be ready to man up, which will require injections and do 500 ml. Of test with proper blood work and pct. I know it’s not what you want to hear and I get it, I know you want gains yesterday, but in years to come you’re gonna sit back and say, I’m glad I waited and did it right. Best of luck buddy. Everyone here is just trying to give you there best advice.

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone, I will reconsider. If I would still go on and use it, combining it with injectibles is the only thing that would actually make it work?

New Threads