49 and looking to do my first Test cycle. Help is appreciated

Reaction score
Hi everyone, My name is Sean and I’m 49. Been working out most of my adult life. Nothing competitive, just staying in shape.
I’m 5’8” and 190lbs. I did an online at home testosterone test and the results came back as 386ng/dL.
Here is my proposed cycle. My goal is to hopefully put some muscle on and would like to keep most of it. I would of course continue working out till the day I can’t lift anymore, probably when I take a dirt nap!
Please tell me what you guys think

10 week cycle

Week 1-10
Test Cyp 500mg/wk (250mg twice a week)

Week 1-10
Adex .5mg EOD—-start immediately or 1-2 weeks in?

Weeks 12-16
PCT: Nolva 40/40/20/20/20

Weeks 2-12
HCG 2x/week at 250iu each (total of 500iu/week)

Last edited:

Gabriel

Reaction score
First ...I wouldn't put all my chips in an online test....Get it done properly,at your age most likely low Test............2nd-TRT may be in order..........therefore PCT will be ineffective...3rd-AI's only as needed............everyone is different..........4th-run 12wks Test 500 is good........Just an old man's .02

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Getting doctors prescribed trt is what you need at this stage not self medication. And like Gabriel said no point in pct.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
If you decide to go PCT over TRT, I'd be throwing in some clomid

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
With the arimidex, it depends. On TRT, I take .25 mg 12 to 24 hours post injection. Granted, I am going on the bro science theory of testosterone rising 12 to 24 hours post injection then starting to level out, so I want to block the conversion to estrogen at this point. IDK if my theory is sound, but I have yet to encounter any issues doing it this way.

When I bump my test up, I take .5 mg 12 to 24 hours post injection, but it's been over a year since I upped my testosterone for working out. At 500 mg of testosterone per week, I generally need 1 to 1.5 mg of arimidex per week to keep estradiol under control. Usually 1 mg does the trick, but if I add something else in like deca, the extra .5 mg comes in handy. On a Monday morning, Thursday evening injection cycle, I stick to a Monday Evening, Wednesday Morning, and Friday Morning arimidex dosing schedule.

Since you are adding in hCG, results may vary because when prescribed hCG, it made my estradiol periodically go out of control to the point where arimidex wouldn't control it. Granted, I also did 1,000 iU per week of hCG, so you may be better off than I was. Regardless, we are all different in responding to hormones and the things that go with them, so YMMV.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Being 49.......you should know there is no Magic Bullet.....that being said,a little Test will go a long way...You will never be 21 again or even 31 for that matter...However,feeling better and having some vigor,,,would be nice ....yes???............Sounds like your 1st cycle...Do some real in depth research and look into TRT,,,before the jump...A great deal of great guys here will guide you,,,but do your part .I don't advocate spoon feeding..........be educated about what your doing,what about diet???.....I'm nearly 54 and diet is where it's at for me.........3 equal parts...training/diet/recovery....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As others have said, you may want to consider trt. If you still wish to do the cycle 500mg/week for 12 weeks would be a great cycle. I'd think your AI dose is over kill and not sure if i'd bother with a pct with low test levels. If you want to pct you'd have to add clomid.

Reaction score
I will edit my original post.
I also had my Test checked by my Dr. it is well within the specified range so I’m not a candidate for TRT unfortunately.

Gabriel

Reaction score
You got that wrong........you're lucky!!!

Reaction score
I'd run the cycle longer, 16 weeks. I'd not take so much adex unless you find you need it. Really I wouldn't take it at all unless sides showed up.

You need a better pct. You'll want to add clomid. Something else to consider. Proper pct or not, there's a good chance at your age that your natural test wont bounce back. You may not recover. Then you'll be like the rest of us, on trt forever.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
If your private MD wont do TRT there are tons of clinics that probably would, they are only really interested in money not so much your numbers.

Like a few said dont take the adex unless needed, i ran a 500/week and didnt need it the whole time. Everyone is diff.

And i agree, 10 weeks isnt long enough, go for 14-16.

Rigorhead

Reaction score
Like everyone says, do your research. The older you get the less you can handle the side effects. And I'm not just talking about gyno. High levels of test can make you retain water, greatly increasing the risk for hypertension. Also you could have a significant increase in red blood cells. Both of which can tax your cardiovascular system. Guys in their 20's or 30's bounce back easily. The older we get the more risk. Not trying to scare you, just want to encourage you to really do the research and understand as much as possible. It's important to do blood work and watch your estradiol. I'm 43 and I've been on TRT for about 3 years and I'm about to do my first testosterone cycle too. I've got my test, I'm just waiting for my arimidex to arrive.

Last edited:

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Like dude said go to the doctor and get a prescription

At 49 I don’t know about this cycle thing I wound say either make the decision to do it and stay on or just don’t do it.

im not a doctor but I think it might be dangerous shutting down your system and then trying to jump start it back might cause issues. It’s life changing at least in my experience sit down think about it research talk to a doctor and make a decision.

New Threads