Thanks

Man It's Nice When Some People Get IT

As some of you know....it's not been easy lately....When ever I venture out of my normal circles to different stores or resturants,I get a ton of crap about my dog...Just 2 wks ago ,I was asked to leave a Walmart.....However,that's a different story,,this one is about the people who know me and my struggles...and how they have my back...My YMCA at Biltmore..they are the best,never a problem..rather praise for my best friend......and can't leave out our favorite tavern...I always ask,,,and they always reply the same..........Don't worry WE have your back,if they don't like it ....they can leave..!! God bless them,that I can work out and have a drink and not be hassled..............

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:

Beserker (02-12-2020),CJ275 (02-12-2020),DF (02-14-2020),Raider (02-13-2020),Trump (02-12-2020),white ape (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,327 Posts
    I’m one of the people who don’t get it.... dog? I feel like I hit play on season 6..
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-60 Bench-Bar&one clip Deadlift-NA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

simplesteve (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Well $#€.... some one was kind enough to PM me with the back story. Now I see why no one else posted... sorry to hear. I know we don’t know each other well but please PM me if there’s anything I can do. Always willing to help a brother out where I can.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (02-14-2020),Raider (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    So....back story...I have a rare form of Cancer...and Terminal.....I sometimes pass-out...So, I have my friend,my service Dog that has to go everywhere I do...even at home...But when I go places that don't know me ...I get a ton of crap....It's like everyone knows the rules but me.......right.....wrong...I'm sorry I still WO and don't look sick ....BUT I am...And the Dr.s say I have MAYBE this year left...................But people just think I'm out with my dog having a great time.....Tonight ,,,A lady with a child asked me " is that a support dog?"....I said..NO........That's a service Dog..........One that Really Does F***ing Something..........I would be already Dead If it wasn't for him...I count 6x that he has saved me....The sadist thing is....That he is the sweetist dog,,,loves everyone and takes care of me.............

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:

Jin (02-14-2020),simplesteve (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,943 Posts
    I'm all okay for a actual SERVICE DOG.

You can tell when the dog is a working dog.

My problem is. When I am standing in line at TJ maxx and some dumb kunt brought her stupid ****in "baby" in... Is in line, and the dog jumps up to greet my child. I'll lose it. I went off on a lady the other day. GET YOUR FUKKIN DOG DOWN! That is not a service dog. Service dogs are well behaved and don't care about anything but their owner. I hate when people want to pet the service dog. Leave it alone!

It's unfortunate that you get shat on for your dog for people like the lady above. See, she's taken advantage of the system and now, YOU. The person in need, get the heat.

My son said something to the lady about it being a pretty dog, and it was, it was a really cute dog. She asked my son if he likes dogs, of course he replies. Then this kunt, the fukking nerve, "Well, I don't think your mummy does"

"Oh, I love dogs. I just find it extremely disrespectful when you assume we want to be jumped by your dog."

As I type this, I am getting angry about it. Sorry.
    Well, to be fair...
    I'm addicted to swallowing GUM.
    It's All For The 'Gram.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to German89 For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 709 Posts
    It's illegal to deny a service dog anywhere (busses, trains, taxis, restaurants, airports etc) is it not like that in the states?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by bvs View Post
    It's illegal to deny a service dog anywhere (busses, trains, taxis, restaurants, airports etc) is it not like that in the states?
    Not sure. The problem we have is that it’s becoming trendy for celebrities to have “emotional support dogs”. That way places are required to let them bring the pets German was just talking about.

It leads to people taking real support dogs less seriously. (Or makes people wait to assume something is serious like I did in my post)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

Tinbeater36 (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,943 Posts
    Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    Not sure. The problem we have is that it’s becoming trendy for celebrities to have “emotional support dogs”. That way places are required to let them bring the pets German was just talking about.

It leads to people taking real support dogs less seriously. (Or makes people wait to assume something is serious like I did in my post)
    It got out of control for a bit with airlines.

People were bringing any kind of pet as a "emotional support" animal so they wouldnt have to pay fees.

Airlines eventually shut it down and I think you need a doctors note and further proof that your animal is a service dog..

My problem is a disobedient dog, comes into a store, hops on people, careless owner. Just a fukkin shet show and stores dont turn it down. It's out of control.
    Well, to be fair...
    I'm addicted to swallowing GUM.
    It's All For The 'Gram.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 831 Posts
    Gabriel ... much respect brother ... takes a man to stand up to a difficult situation and still contribute in the way you do to this community ... in Arizona service dogs wear a vest so there is never a question ... and they are allowed access to any place there owner goes ... it also separates them from pets in a baby stroller ... may be an idea for you to let those around know that know your dog is on the job ...
    HRT for life!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Vests and certificates are available online. I see fraud vests daily. My father has severe allergic asthma. If he ever had to stay in a metal tube with a dog or cat he’d probably have a severe asthma attack and might die. The entire service animal phenomenon has become a ****ing joke due to imposters and “emotional support animals”. The other day in the VA hospital where I work, a woman’s “service dog” pull her onto the ground, pulled free, then ran through the hospital while multiple employees chased after it. Almost as hilarious as it was idiotic. If any of our older vets had been knocked down by that dog, it could’ve caused some serious damage.

It’s most sad that the rampant abuse stigmatizes people who legitimately need them, like yourself.
    Last edited by lastcaress83; 02-14-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks
    I don't know anything about service dogs other than it takes all my self control not to pet them. I was in a conference a year or two ago and a guy at the table next to me had a service dog, a lab, super well behaved, sat next to his chair and just stared at me. I generally like animals more than people. Like they said at your tavern, if they don't like it, they can leave.
    I work really hard to look this average.

Thanks
    Thanks Guys (and girls).....................It is a pain in the Ass,but for me It's a necessary evil.............Here's a pic of my Best Friend.002.jpg20190426_115258.jpg

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:

Tinbeater36 (02-14-2020),Viduus (02-14-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Thanks Guys (and girls).....................It is a pain in the Ass,but for me It's a necessary evil.............Here's a pic of my Best Friend.002.jpg Moo

20190426_115258.jpg

beautiful, what breed is he?

Thanks
    Wolf/Malamute..............................got him when he was 5 wks.he will be 8 in April..............solid as a Rock...120lbs

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:

Texan69 (02-14-2020)