Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,432 Times in 3,796 Posts
    Both options are good forms of adding challenge to your workouts. As stated by Brock, not a fan super setting a whole workout. Negatives were something me and a couple guys would get together once every few months to train together on. A week worth of training just negatives. If you say you're performing negatives solo, then you're doing it wrong .proper negative training will tear your ass up and get you over a plateau
    "The weight teaches you"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

BigSwolePump (02-12-2020),dk8594 (02-12-2020)

Thanks
    Weather you like them or not, I think it’s good to mix things up. When I was competing I used to do heavy negs. I felt the big weights helped me. These days I typically train faster and a bit lighter due to injuries and time, so I love supers, drops and working efficiently. Mind you I’m old, lol! Nice thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Drop sets are the soul of my routine and have been for years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    It may just be terminology, but in my mind a negative is when you hit positive failure, have a partner help you lift the weight back up, and then lower it. In the absence of that, I just call it controlling the weight.

Tough to do without a partner for chest unless you are on one of those machines with the foot pedal.

Side note: anyone remember the cybernetics 60 day kit that came with a program that required you to go to negative failure? I swear they made they program so hard that that is was impossible to comply with so you wouldn’t call BS on their supplements. 30 lbs in 60 days my a$$!
    Like I said I normally workout alone,
    Yet when I do negitves, it's usually every other week, when someone I know at the gym is there to lift it back up for me, since the main reason for doing negitves is

To control the weight going down,
    As slow as i can!

Thanks
    I like super sets and circuits. Especially with arms, shoulders and abs with minimal or no rest between sets. (For instance 10x10 EZ-bar skull-crushers S/S with standing EZ-bar curls with no rest)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    It may just be terminology, but in my mind a negative is when you hit positive failure, have a partner help you lift the weight back up, and then lower it. In the absence of that, I just call it controlling the weight.

Tough to do without a partner for chest unless you are on one of those machines with the foot pedal.

Side note: anyone remember the cybernetics 60 day kit that came with a program that required you to go to negative failure? I swear they made they program so hard that that is was impossible to comply with so you wouldn’t call BS on their supplements. 30 lbs in 60 days my a$$!
    Not sure about that one but the P90X program was tough but worked. Went from 250 to 215 in 30 days. Was a fat **** when started it though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123