Test Only cycle question

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to do my first cycle (test only). I came up with a question....

Should I do a mix of test like this:

[FONT=&quot]Test MIX400 (base, prop, phenyl, isocapr, cypionat, enanthate) 10ml / 4000mg [/FONT]

Or should I stick to one type of ester?

My TRT dosage is 100mg of Cyp per week. I was originally just going to order the same Cyp and increase it since I know I respond well to it. However after seeing that labs will sell a mix of test (like the one above) I began to wonder if there is an advantage to using a mix.

Gabriel

Reaction score
First cycle keep it simple......................the trick is seeing how your body responds,if AI's are needed,how you respond to the increase of Test...........stick to C or E

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Just increase the cyp plain and simple, remember to have AI on hand too. Also diet and training must be spot on and your sleep

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with my brothers above ... keep it simple ... focus on diet and meal plan ... having killer workouts ... and getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep ...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So what's your plan? I know you're a CF guy, so what's the goal of this cycle?

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Improve in muscle growth and also get rid of some extra fat. I am planning on doing some WODs at my crossfit gym.... but also focusing on lifting and building muscle at a standard free weights gym that I also have a membership to. Right now I do CF 5 days a week and then play basketball on the weekends. So I might change it up and do crossfit maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Lift 2 or 3 times a week and play bball one time a week. Something like that as a schedule. I am having sleep apnea surgery in March so I am planning on starting this most likely in April after I have recovered for 4 weeks.

Thoughts?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Improve in muscle growth and also get rid of some extra fat. I am planning on doing some WODs at my crossfit gym.... but also focusing on lifting and building muscle at a standard free weights gym that I also have a membership to. Right now I do CF 5 days a week and then play basketball on the weekends. So I might change it up and do crossfit maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Lift 2 or 3 times a week and play bball one time a week. Something like that as a schedule. I am having sleep apnea surgery in March so I am planning on starting this most likely in April after I have recovered for 4 weeks.

Thoughts?

CF is cardio. Tough cardio. Same with basketball. So between the 2 of those, you're planning on having 3-4 of those sessions per week, plus weight training 2-3 times per week.

Been there, tried that, doesn't work. Pick one goal, and ficus on that. CF and b'ball are going to GREATLY eat into your recovery ability, and you'll just end up treading water.

My suggestion, focus on stregth/size, while maintaining CF skills and conditioning;

I'd do 2 CF days, but not class, rather go to open gym and do some strength training. The 531 program or 3-5x3-5 works great for the main lifts, add in accessory work afterwards. Two choices here, both alternating EMOMs. Either do alternating 10 minute EMOMs for conditioning, odd minute do 10 Cals on the rower or bike, on the even minutes pick a skill you'd like to work on, and do that submaximally for about 30 seconds of work. You're just dialing in a skill's movement pattern here, not trying to max it out. Or alternate the skill movement with an accessory for the main lift. For example, if Squats was the main lift, the EMOM could be alternating Front Squats with a skill, like T2Bs. One day should be Upper Body focus, tge the other Lower Body, for the lifts. Or even Oly work, if you prefer.

That'll keep your presence felt at the gym, and you're getting good work in, and it's blended with cardio. Warmups can be alternating EMOMs, Burpees with DU's. Getting in lots of skill work.

Keep you basketball game, it's fun. Gotta have guy time.

Also try for 3 days of pure weight training, a Pull/Push/Legs split would be ideal.

Last edited:

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
CF is cardio. Tough cardio. Same with basketball. So between the 2 of those, you're planning on having 3-4 of those sessions per week, plus weight training 2-3 times per week.

Been there, tried that, doesn't work. Pick one goal, and ficus on that. CF and b'ball are going to GREATLY eat into your recovery ability, and you'll just end up treading water.

My suggestion, focus on stregth/size, while maintaining CF skills and conditioning;

I'd do 2 CF days, but not class, rather go to open gym and do some strength training. The 531 program or 3-5x3-5 works great for the main lifts, add in accessory work afterwards. Two choices here, both alternating EMOMs. Either do alternating 10 minute EMOMs for conditioning, odd minute do 10 Cals on the rower or bike, on the even minutes pick a skill you'd like to work on, and do that submaximally for about 30 seconds of work. You're just dialing in a skill's movement pattern here, not trying to max it out. Or alternate the skill movement with an accessory for the main lift. For example, if Squats was the main lift, the EMOM could be alternating Front Squats with a skill, like T2Bs. One day should be Upper Body focus, tge the other Lower Body, for the lifts. Or even Oly work, if you prefer.

That'll keep your presence felt at the gym, and you're getting good work in, and it's blended with cardio. Warmups can be alternating EMOMs, Burpees with DU's. Getting in lots of skill work.

Keep you basketball game, it's fun. Gotta have guy time.

Also try for 3 days of pure weight training, a Pull/Push/Legs split would be ideal.

Thanks this is super helpful. I was wondering if I was doing too much cardio.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks this is super helpful. I was wondering if I was doing too much cardio.

I tried what you were suggesting, failed miserably.

Next time I tried no conditioning at all, just ran 531 BBB. Gained a ton of weight, about half muscle half bloat and fat, people were hintin/asking if I was on gear. Went back to 100% CF immediately after, had ZERO stamina, wods sucked, and lost a good chunk of what I gained.

Don't make my mistakes.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Any idea on what AI I should have on hand for this?

Where's your 100mg TRT dose put your Estradiol? Are you prescribed any AI for your normal trt? If not, either Arimidex or Aromasin will work, whichever you can get. Some prefer one to the other, but you won't know until you try them. You might not need any, but it's 100% a good idea to have some on hand, just in case.

And you never answered me on your other thread about what your age/height /and weight were. Unless I missed it?

Last edited:

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Where's your 100mg TRT dose put your Estradiol? Are you prescribed any AI for your normal trt? If not, either Arimidex or Aromasin will work, whichever you can get. Some prefer one to the other, but you won't know until you try them. You might not need any, but it's 100% a good idea to have some on hand, just in case.

And you never answered me on your other thread about what your age/height /and weight were. Unless I missed it?

Thanks again. The pinned write up on the forum says this:

Aromatase Inhibitors (AI) - Use as needed when gyno starts to develop
Arimidex at 0.25mg to 0.5mg EOD or E3D and Exemestane at 12.5mg EOD

Im 39 years old, 6"4', 290lbs. Im a big boy but I work out a lot so I already have some decent size. But looking to add to that.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
jesus you are a big boy, would love to see you crossfit

Thanks again. The pinned write up on the forum says this:

Aromatase Inhibitors (AI) - Use as needed when gyno starts to develop
Arimidex at 0.25mg to 0.5mg EOD or E3D and Exemestane at 12.5mg EOD

Im 39 years old, 6"4', 290lbs. Im a big boy but I work out a lot so I already have some decent size. But looking to add to that.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Oh shit, you're a fukkin big boy! Doing CF at that size must be awful!!! I was expecting to see like 170lbs or similar.

So I'm guessing that CF will mostly just be for fun, because you like it, and not so much competitive? Just keep your focus on your goal.

Last edited:

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Where's your 100mg TRT dose put your Estradiol? Are you prescribed any AI for your normal trt?

Not sure which of these labs results is my "Estradiol". Would that be a blood count?

My results come back with these categories:
Routine Chemistry
-AST
-ALT
Endocrine
-FSH
-LH
-PSA Free
-PSA Total
-Free PSA%
-Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
-Test Total
-Test Free
Lipid Profile
-Chol
-HDL
-LDL
-Trig
Routine Blood Count
-WBC
-RBC
-Hgb
-Hct
-Platelet
-MCV
-MCH
-MCHC
-RDW-SD
-MPV
-Absolute Neutro Count
-Absolute Lymphs Count
-Absolute Mono Count
-Absolute Eos Count
-Absolute Baso Count
-Neutrophils
-Lymphocytes
-Monocytes
-Eosinophils
-Basophils
-Immature Granulocytes
-NRBCs Percent
-Absolute NRBC Count

Are any of these having to do with Estradiol?

I am not prescribed any AI for my TRT. Sooooo off to the forums I go to find a supplier. haha