Putting on size for new job as EMT

Reaction score
I’m doing my first cycle to put on some muscle and get as much lifting strength as possible because I’ve been hired as an EMT and will finish paramedic school in 2021. I’ve started on 200mg a week of test c a week ago, but am curious to up the dosage to 400 or 600mg for a certain amount of time in the middle of the cycle. So much of the stuff I read on here is so confusing, like planning pct, and different amount of what and when. So I’m doing the keep it simple stupid method and sticking to one chemical. Just would like some advice on how much would give me the best benefits the fastest. I don’t want to be in a situation where there’s a 400lb man on the floor and it’s just me and a partner trying to lift him up on a spine board to the stretcher and we have to wait for assistance. Thanks for your help and also sorry if this has been asked over a billion times in this forum.

I’m going to be lifting minimum 3 times a week, focused on core, legs, and back.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Are you going to have the possibility of being tested or polygraph as a condition of being hired and released off of training?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
honestly, i steer clear of anything like what ur doing as an emt....something goes south they deem you were on something that effects your thinking, or even worse u get a patient that goes beserko and u loose ur cool, ur donsville.... a lot of stuff could happen that causes u stress, ptsd etc...and adding chemicals into the mix could lead to be a bad thing tbh....

Reaction score
Are you going to have the possibility of being tested or polygraph as a condition of being hired and released off of training?

I’ve already taken a drug test, and it’s just a standard test for opiates, thc, cocaine, and benzos. They aren’t testing your hormone levels.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Typical for the industry... medicate first, figure it out later.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Although unlikely but if they ever get above a reasonable suspicion that your supplementing hormones without a script from a dr your gonna be hitting the skids on a great job. I would hold off but you do what you think is best. Just offering some advise brother.

Reaction score
Typical for the industry... medicate first, figure it out later.

well originally I was going to stick to 200mg for the whole cycle but was told by some and read somewhere that anything under 300mg is a waste

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I went through emt and paramedic with my county fire department (volunteer)...youre gonna get a blood test at some point and youll be busted....also why on earth would you need steroids to lift a med cart....if you wanna do steroids just do steroids lol

Reaction score
I worked inpatient psych in hospitals in the past and all they ever cared about was elicit drugs. I've never heard of anyone being tested for AAS or hormones. Not saying it couldnt happen though.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
What’s your lifting experience? it sounds like you are trying to use your work to justify steroid use which is ridiculous. EMTs don’t tend to be jacked strong dudes lol. If you really want to get strong, you can do it naturally easy enough as I’m assuming you are a younger guy. You have over a year to follow a solid strength program and eat right to get stronger.

now if you want to use steroids because you want to use steroids then ok, that’s a new ball game. Saying you need them to get strong enough for your work seems disingenuous.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I’m doing my first cycle to put on some muscle and get as much lifting strength as possible because I’ve been hired as an EMT and will finish paramedic school in 2021. I’ve started on 200mg a week of test c a week ago, but am curious to up the dosage to 400 or 600mg for a certain amount of time in the middle of the cycle. So much of the stuff I read on here is so confusing, like planning pct, and different amount of what and when. So I’m doing the keep it simple stupid method and sticking to one chemical. Just would like some advice on how much would give me the best benefits the fastest. I don’t want to be in a situation where there’s a 400lb man on the floor and it’s just me and a partner trying to lift him up on a spine board to the stretcher and we have to wait for assistance. Thanks for your help and also sorry if this has been asked over a billion times in this forum.

I’m going to be lifting minimum 3 times a week, focused on core, legs, and back.

So you already started using test? Now you want to rescreach cycling & pct? Like buying a new car then learning to drive, basically ass backwards,
Now I'm a lil nervous abt calling an ambulance,if ambulance,if anything was to happen to me!

Reactions: Jin

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I totally feel you. I started a cycle because I am a cashier at an electronic store and we are about to start selling 100" TV's. I need to be able to lift them onto a cart when I scan them. Ill ramp up on my dbol when we have sales because I know that I will need all the strength I can get to lift all of those tvs.

Welcome.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Focus on core strength.

I would do moderate squats and deadlift because you'll need to use your legs to lift and you want the stabilizers strong with good balance, machines won't do that and give you a possible imbalance.

What I'm getting at it your stabilization is going to be needed IMO.

At the very least do some lunges.

Strengthen your balance!

You are dealing with people's lives, train for your function of work.

Cardio, core, balance not steroids and size.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I have seen many emts that are women, or that I would consider small, fragile and out of shape, they seem to get thier job some without using peds. just sayin.

Reaction score
honestly, i steer clear of anything like what ur doing as an emt....something goes south they deem you were on something that effects your thinking, or even worse u get a patient that goes beserko and u loose ur cool, ur donsville.... a lot of stuff could happen that causes u stress, ptsd etc...and adding chemicals into the mix could lead to be a bad thing tbh....

Honestly I disagree to an extent depending where OP sets his limits. Obviously some PEDs should be off limits with his job; Tren / EQ stuff that can cause anxiety / stress / mental sides.

If he were to stick to the basics with test it can be beneficial to confidence and he can achieve his goals like he mentioned strength etc....

To each his own it’s up to OP to decide how he thinks he’ll be effected personally. To answer the main question, 4-600mg Test is a pretty standard basic cycle OP and you shouldn’t have many sides, I’d recommend upping to it sooner then later so you have more time to gauge your bodies reaction and dial in your AI. Good luck and congrats on the career!

quick edit; however like others have said, don’t use your job as an excuse to start PEDs, it’s a huge lifestyle change and it’s not like every EMT is walking around swole as **** lol... Do your research and BOL.

Last edited:

ripper

Reaction score
Chances are you'll never get tested for anything more than the NIDA5 unless you start loose lipping it around coworkers about what you're doing.

If you're doing 200mg/wk, IMO there's nothing wrong with the dose to help combat stress/fatigue/etc and especially if you're not trying to seriously bulk up. That said, you might as well get your T level checked and find a doc that'll give you a Rx for T if that's truly the range you want to be at. Not that you can't bump it up yourself at times but that way you'd have a medical script (just in case) and insurance would cover your gear.

Lastly, if you're trying to get some 400lb+ guy/gal off the floor, it doesn't matter if you can do it yourself or not, you're going to want help so you aren't having to mash your face into a bag of rotten meat while you do it.

New Threads