Free weight categories

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am wondering what you consider to be the better exercises to do when it comes to arms/chest, legs, back and abdomen? You guys, who I use resistance bands mostly but I also have some free weights, weight bar and dumbbell weight bar with clamps. If you could offer up 5 exercises for the 4 different topics I mentioned that would be great.

Thx

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
List the lbs of resistance of your resistance bands and all the weight of your dumbbells and barbells first. For more info on exercises for all that, check out https://bodylastics.com/ and check out their youtube channel. Also, check out weighttraining.guide That should help give you a boost.

Reaction score
List the lbs of resistance of your resistance bands and all the weight of your dumbbells and barbells first. For more info on exercises for all that, check out https://bodylastics.com/ and check out their youtube channel. Also, check out weighttraining.guide That should help give you a boost.

Those are the exact bands I just bought. My opinion, those are the best moderately priced around.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Press, curl, raise and fly.

Use those for as many joints as you can.

Eat, sleep, repeat.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Chest:
DB and BB presses, both Incline and flat. Some like decline, I don't. I prefer Dips, which hit the chest and triceps. Also love regular old pushups. There's 6 for you there.

Shoulders:
BB and DB overhead presses. Standing is better, but if you lack the shoulder mobility, seated will work.
DB Lateral Raises(Lateral Delt)
Bentover DB side rsises(Rear Delts)

Back:
Bentover BB rows.
DB rows.
Pullups and Chinups (Get a quick mount door pullup bar)
Deadlifts(also hits glutes/hamstrings pretty hard)

Legs:
BB back squats.
DB walking lunges
Rear foot elevated split squats(Bulgarian split squats)
Goblet cossack Squats.
RDLs for hammies
Deadlifts

Tris
Close grip bench
Dips
Skullcrushers(stop if hurts elbows)
Overhead DB tricep extensions

Biceps
BB/DB curls
DB preacher curls
Seated Incline DB Curls.
Hammer curls

Abs:
Less snacks
More exercise
Farmer carries. Pick up heavy shit and go for a walk. Try 2 arm, try 1 arm, mix it up. It's good for your deep core muscles, working to stabilize your spine while in motion. Hell, they're good for the entire body. They'll get you farm boy strong!!!

Most of those are multi joint compound exercises, which hit multiple muscle groups within the single exercise. Make those the bread and butter of your program. Sprinkle in bis/tris/abs too if you want, AT THE END! Get the real work in first before the accessory work.

That enough info?

Last edited:

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Chest:
DB and BB presses, both Incline and flat. Some like decline, I don't. I prefer Dips, which hit the chest and triceps. Also love regular old pushups. There's 6 for you there.

Shoulders:
BB and DB overhead presses. Standing is better, but if you lack the shoulder mobility, seated will work.

Back:
Bentover BB rows.
DB rows.

Legs:
BB back squats.
DB walking lunges
Goblet cossack Squats.
RDLs for hammies
Deadlifts

Tris
Close grip bench
Dips

Biceps
BB/DB curls
DB preacher curls
Seated Incline DB Curls.
Hammer curls

Abs:
Less snacks
More exercise
Farmer carries. Pick up heavy shit and go for a walk. Try 2 arm, try 1 arm, mix it up. It's good for your deep core muscles, working to stabilize your spine while in motion. Hell, they're good for the entire body. They'll get you farm boy strong!!!

Most of those are multi joint compound exercises, which hit multiple muscle groups within the single exercise. Make those the bread and butter of your program. Sprinkle in bis/tris/abs too if you want, AT THE END! Get the real work in first before the accessory work.

That enough info?

Those are the bread and butter exercises that Ol Arnie started off with before he started using machines and cables. Also, don't forget the good ol dumbbell pullovers.

Reaction score
Chest:

Shoulders:

Back:
Bentover BB rows.
DB rows.

Legs:
BB back squats.
DB walking lunges
Goblet cossack Squats.
RDLs for hammies
Deadlifts

Tris
Close grip bench
Dips

Biceps
BB/DB curls
DB preacher curls
Seated Incline DB Curls.
Hammer curls

Abs:
Less snacks
More exercise

That enough info?

Yes, it is and thx

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
CJ275 said:
Abs:
Less snacks
More exercise

this... this. Writing this one down. Thanks as always dude.