Pulmonary oil micro embolism (POME)

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Some of you may have read my thread about some symptoms I had set in quickly after my last few injections of Test E, I’ve continued to do some reading in attempt to gain some knowledge on what it may be, going to call the doctor tomorrow and try and get an app in and discuss further, but in the meantime just doing some reading.

I came across what is referred to as a POME or Pulmonary Oil Micro embolism, many of the symptoms I had are on the listed symptom list of a POME. I know that a pulmonary embolism can be life threatening and is essentially a clot that travels up to the arteries in your lungs.
reading up on a pulmonary oil micro embolism this seems to be different as it’s drops of oil which travel from the muscle after injection into your lungs. Not seeing anything that dictates that it is essentially life threatening. I did read that it is a common side effect of Aveed ( Test Undecanaote) and it is caused by the castor oil. I am taking test e. I know that my test e doesn’t have castor oil in it. Not sure if this condition is only caused by castor oil or not as the only studies I’m finding online about it is from Aveed directly so they are only writing it in reference to their product.

If any of you guys or gals have any knowledge on this to share please do.

Yea I know I can’t diagnose myself and just because my symptoms match some of these doesn’t mean that is what I was experiencing. Plan to follow up with my friends urologist who does a lot of TRT hoping he can shed some light and hopefully get to the bottom of it for the peace of mind.

ive still been experiencing tightness of the chest and some difficulty breathing several days after the injection.

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Stop injecting and see a doctor, once can be ignored twice ooh that’s strange anymore you stop and seek medical advice. You don’t just keep going and going Hoping it’s nothing serious

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Keep us posted. Good luck.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Stop injecting and see a doctor, once can be ignored twice ooh that’s strange anymore you stop and seek medical advice. You don’t just keep going and going Hoping it’s nothing serious

ya that’s the plan, I tossed out that batch too. I am really just hoping it was the scar tissue issue some members mentioned as that’s an easy fix or even just a dirty batch since I just got some new stuff in.
but the mind tends to wonder and this isn’t to be taken lightly. And I’m a bit of a worrier if y’all can’t tell haha

also looks like any type of oil can cause it not just castor oil. Which makes sense

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Keep us in the loop on what you find out brother. Best to you!

Reaction score
I have never heard of that but now I'm reading all about it....keep us posted!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I have never heard of that but now I'm reading all about it....keep us posted!

Feel free to share anything you find on it. I was reading up white a bit last night gotta pull away from it today lol.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why havent u gone to a doctor? Let the medical professionals determine what is wrong with u, not a bunch of meat heads....So stop researching and make that appointment!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Why havent u gone to a doctor? Let the medical professionals determine what is wrong with u, not a bunch of meat heads....So stop researching and make that appointment!

Really don’t have an excuse other than overtime at work but that’s just an excuse. Gonna look at the schedule today and see when I can sneak away from work to go... also money lol wanting to pay off a recent emergency room visit for my daughter, dreading that bill

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
What type of doctor would y’all recommend going too for this??
I was thinking a urologist includes TRT in his practice but my mother has a family friend who is a cardiologist and I think he’d be cool and only charge my insurance he did that for my dad. I’m not going to my primary care he’s a moron and a dick. Anytime I have an question anything other to the cold or flu or basic blood work he can’t or refuses to answer. probably need to find a new one.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Trying to schedule an appointment and told the lady on the phone too much I guess, I informed her I use test and she asked which doctor I said none and she scheduled me and told the doctor that info then called me back and said the doctor doesn’t want to treat me due to the illegal use of test. What a caring doctor

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dont tell the doctor about your illegal use. Just get into a family doctor and start there. Until u find a doctor u can get comfortable with, then tell them about the use.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Texan, google will be your worst nightmare when you are searching for symptoms of an issue you are having. You will end up thinking your dying.

Definitely get in and see a doctor, let us know how things are going. Praying its nothing serious and that you can get back on track!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Texan, google will be your worst nightmare when you are searching for symptoms of an issue you are having. You will end up thinking your dying.

Definitely get in and see a doctor, let us know how things are going. Praying its nothing serious and that you can get back on track!

thanks brother

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Dont tell the doctor about your illegal use. Just get into a family doctor and start there. Until u find a doctor u can get comfortable with, then tell them about the use.

ya I wasn’t gonna tell em but on the flip side an injection of test is what caused these symptoms
so I feel like that’s important
but, I think I’ll take your advice and just leave that info out until some trust is built. just tell em the symptoms for now and let him run whatever tests/labs he wants to do and go from there

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Got squeezed in last minute with an internal medicine/family practice doctor. He had an ECG, chest x ray and some basic labs ran.
apparsnty on the ECG I was having premature arterial contractions which he said is not normal but not necessarily bad. Blood pressure was a bit up 154/80 I believe and resting pulse was up to 80 which is not normal for me.
i was able to get squeezed into a a cardiologist later this week. He said they’ll most likely do another ECG, a CT scan of the chest and one more test I cannot recall. They also told me be ready to wear a heart monitor for 48-72 hours. glad to finally be getting this looked at.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
and yet another reason for me to not like test e

alot of folks say "its just like test cyp" not in my experience

mast e was fine but test e is garbage imo

and thats an opinion based on more than a few brands

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
and yet another reason for me to not like test e

alot of folks say "its just like test cyp" not in my experience

mast e was fine but test e is garbage imo

and thats an opinion based on more than a few brands

ive been hearing more and more that I need to switch to test cyp. Next batch will do so.

I’m naive on the reason why, is there any specific reason why it’s better?

Ped X

Reaction score
He's fine. He's just a hypochondriac.

New Threads